Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
Yeah, it worked. Just remember that there are THREE things you should uncheck. Considering that lots of pepole here don't have an English OS that is an important thing to point out, since you otherwise risk unchecking the wrong oppinion (me, I only unchecked two things).Übereil

I've downloadet the patch and the german language packs, but when I hit the install exe, an error message occourslike >SetupNew\setup.cpp(135) PAPP: PVENDOR: PGUID: $ @Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) IE 7.0.6000 16705I've even downgradet to service pack 2, then it looked like this>SetupNew\setup.cpp(135) PAPP: PVENDOR: PGUID: $ @Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) IE 7.0.6000 16705what the hell can I do?

Dahakar said:
I've downloadet the patch and the german language packs, but when I hit the install exe, an error message occourslike >SetupNew\setup.cpp(135) PAPP: PVENDOR: PGUID: $ @Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) IE 7.0.6000 16705I've even downgradet to service pack 2, then it looked like this>SetupNew\setup.cpp(135) PAPP: PVENDOR: PGUID: $ @Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) IE 7.0.6000 16705what the hell can I do?
You didn't get the entire package. Most likely you were timed out during the download. Get Leechget or a similar program that can resume the download after a time out. There are some links in this forum on how to do it.

Dahakar said:
I've got the same error..had good DL speed with IE since Mozilla and Opera didn't even start downloading..was happy that finally everything ran smooth, and at 700mbytes it stopped the dl, unzipped something and i get a similar Error..

watch this http://festplatte.aon.at/a/filemanager.get/3948783/WITCHER%20THE%20Waiting%20Editon.jpgThe other files are opend normally so I think the filesize is WRONG ! (German Languge for sure + TW EE Update)WARNING DONT use the "recomment" DL Manger "wxDownload Fast" ife you have Vista 64bit it Crashes all the time and make currupet files reporting no disk space free in the end :dead:(Fist an only programm that makes a Problem for mine in Vista since I first installed)

I've downloaded the files, but they give me this error when opened.>SetupNew\setup.cpp (135)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@Windows XP Service Pack 2 ( 2600 ) Non IE/Netscape 11.0I've used Firefox as Internet Browser, i've heard that it's related to it, can someone help me out without re-downloading it again o_O ?

sirharkon said:
After the Registrationserver working again I got another error while trying to install EE:
Code:
Fehler bei der Featureübertragung:Feature: NotCensoredComponent: -Datei: -Beschreibung: Catastrophic Failure
What can I do about that?
No one who has experienced this problem and solved it yet?

Screenshot of problem:http://img357.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image2tm3.jpgThis occurs every time I try to install.

I uninstalled the game again, deleted every reference to it in the registry, and removed any Witcher-related folder I could find on my HD. Then I also removed Daemon Tools just to be sure, and rebooted. Reinstalled the game and applied the patch. It's now about 45 minutes later, and it hasn't complained. Hopefully that did the trick. I would be a bit upset if this was caused by Daemon Tools though. Not only was the error message misleading in that case, but it also means I had to uninstall an application I use for legal purposes. Rest assured it's going to be reinstalled later, but for now I'll be happy if The Witcher runs.

It says I completed downloaded though but I realize it's not the full download. What to do? I get that stupid error message. :-[

The server is just overloaded right now. I think they're getting too much traffic going through. I've tried leechgot, download manager, and they all time out. When I try to resume the downloads, it times out instantly. We have no choice but to wait, me thinks.

I'm still trying to download the upgrade patch without it timing out on me. I just wanted to post this on here so they're aware this is going on, still. I've tried download manager, and leechgot and it still times out. I'm attempting download number 9, I think. It's going but it's going SLOW. But I'd rather have it go slow then for it to time out on me again. Cheers!

"Trying to run the exe gets me the error message...>SetupNew\setup.cpp(135)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (6001) Non IE/Netscape 34642.30443"Same broblem here but with xp service pack 3. It suck because I was really looking forward to play it :(. Hope they come up with an answer soon.

I have a bar on my screen that says Modifying game files. May take up to 2 hours.... Is it normal the program to say "Not Responding" at this point?

yes. It's mentioned in the FAQhttp://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/www/ee_update_faq.html
Q: The Patch installation process is not responding. Has my PC crashed?A: The process of “modifying game files” can last anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours depending on your operating system and hardware (it runs faster on Windows Vista). Throughout the installation process, Task Manager will show its status as “Not responding.” That’s absolutely normal. Do not end the task or the process. Aborting the process will damage the installed game and necessitate reinstallation of both the game and the patch.
so don't worry :beer:If you have technical problems which are not mentioned in the FAQ please take a look in the in-game tech forum http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?board=14.0 or ask there

Top Bottom