Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
I downloaded the enhanced edition along with the english pack. Everything seems fine i place them both in the same folder and i click on TWEE_Upgrade. But it doesn't seem to be an exe file whenever i click on it, it asks me choose the program you want to open the file with... Seems a bit weird...Alright i fixed up my own issue by renaming and adding the .exe at the end hope this thread will come in handy for all those who downloaded from fileshack Cheers![mod]use the EDIT button[/mod]

ryannberg said:
I have a bar on my screen that says Modifying game files. May take up to 2 hours.... Is it normal the program to say "Not Responding" at this point?
It can take upto 2 hours to install but around 15 mins on most newish rigs,go make ya tea watch the footy cme back later mate and itll be done :).

sirharkon said:
After the Registrationserver working again I got another error while trying to install EE:
Code:
Fehler bei der Featureübertragung:Feature: NotCensoredComponent: -Datei: -Beschreibung: Catastrophic Failure
After spending 9 effing hours nursing downloads trying to get the patch when I eventually get it all I have got is the english version of this message!

Hi,I am running XP SP3 and I have the UK version. I have downloaded the installer and the language pack UK with a download manager and the filesize is OK.My problem is when i run the installer and when i have entered my username and password it say it is ok and then continues. Then it copies files but when it comes to register.exe it crashes. Stating fatal error and then exits the installer. There is no trace of the error in any log file. So what do I do? I tried to uninstall the game and the delete the whole folder and then reinstall the game. Now it is version 1.0 and not 1.3 as before. Not the installation crashes just seconds before and then stating something about not censored whatever that means?I might mention that I have downloaded the patch/updater again but with the same error.Am I the only one with this error?Regards, mbj12.

I have download the 2 files needed but for whatever reason they do not launch. The problem is it doesn't show a specific file type or anything and the patch has no program to open it with that I have.Is there a program that I'm to use to recoginize these files? Very frustrating

It's not related to your default browser. I changed it to Internet Explorer and the error message is still the same. And yes, I have downloaded the full file! Any other suggestions?

The errors you are getting are due to you still running your Anti Virus/ Firewall programs.I had ZA running and got the same error.When I turned it off, it installed

When I go to Install the EE edition it tells me that it is unable to find the corresponding language version of the game already on your system was not found. Download the relevant language pack. Well I had done that, before I tried to install the EE patch. I even tried to install the language pack and it tells me to install the EE patch first. These are both English versions of the game.Any ideas?

Hamlindo said:
Hamlindo said:
After the Registrationserver working again I got another error while trying to install EE:
Code:
Fehler bei der Featureübertragung:Feature: NotCensoredComponent: -Datei: -Beschreibung: Catastrophic Failure
After spending 9 effing hours nursing downloads trying to get the patch when I eventually get it all I have got is the english version of this message!
Same here. The installer seems to be processing the file "localized.key" when the error occurs. For reference: I've got the UK version of the game and naturally the English language pack. I've downloaded BOTH files from two different sources but the error remains.

This patch has been such a complete and utter shambles. The hosting has been pathetic, when I saw a single 0.9GB executable from a single source I knew it would be pathetic, what the hell did CDProjekt think was going to happen? I managed to download the English language pack early on before sciagnij became completely useless. I could only download the upgrade from links to Rapidshare someone posted as a 'free' user that was slow and tedious. TWEE_Upgrade.exe extracted sucessfully from a 7zip archive but I suspect it may be corrupt because it does not display an icon or have any embedded version information which the language pack file does. Does TWEE_Upgrade.exe verify itself or does it just crap out (possibly with the error I get) when corrupt? Anyone with a clue would have posted an MD5 sum with a 0.9GB executable so it could be verified.

I second that, an MD5 checksum would be really nice. That said, my update.exe seems to have downloaded just fine - I used FlashGet and it ran through to completion over two and a half hours, giving me a file with the advertised size of 909MB, so far so good. I still get the (SP2 version) error though if I try to run it - I use Norton and disabling its protection doesn't seem to help much.

9of9 said:
I second that, an MD5 checksum would be really nice. That said, my update.exe seems to have downloaded just fine - I used FlashGet and it ran through to completion over two and a half hours, giving me a file with the advertised size of 909MB, so far so good. I still get the (SP2 version) error though if I try to run it - I use Norton and disabling its protection doesn't seem to help much.
And does it show an icon or have version information? 9ddbb3baf43c8a7236ce1c2e3c038249 *TWEE_Upgrade.exeIs what I got.

Hi!I've got a really frustrating crash when trying to update to the Enhanced Version which cannot be bypassed using the 95 compatibility mode.The installer crashes shortly after checking the registration online (my game is registered). After clicking away the error report I get an error message: Cannot install microsoft net. 3.0.I have already installed net. 3.0 SP1 so I don't know why the installer tries to install it again. I can't remove my .net 3.0 installation to test if it would work in that case, because of Visual Studio 2008. (-> .net 3.0 cannot be removed) and I would hate to reinstall the whole visual studio suite when I'm not even sure if that would do any good.Any suggestions??

I'm having a different problem.Even though I can authenticate correctly I keep getting a message saying my game's language doesn't correspond to the language chosen in the installer (even though I have both in Spanish).Did anyone have this same problem?

I don't get an icon, nor can I see version information, the error appears as soon as I try to launch the updater. However, that is the MD5 I get from the .exe so there's no question that it has downloaded properly. I've also tried running it under different compatibility modes, but to no effect. (I'm running WinXP SP2).Oh and I should note that I downloaded it via FlashGet from sciagnij (which wasn't that bad actually... averaged at 180KB/s), so since our md5s match up, I think it's fair to assume we probably got the file right.

i have downloaded the update file like 3 times now all from diffrent locations, fileplanet, gamershell, filefrontand every time i have tried each file give me this error i have downloaded the file useing no download manager and also useing flash get and file sizes have been corret>SetupNew\setup.cpp(138)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) IE 7.0.6000.16705

Top Bottom