Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
frostybudz said:
I have download the 2 files needed but for whatever reason they do not launch. The problem is it doesn't show a specific file type or anything and the patch has no program to open it with that I have.Is there a program that I'm to use to recoginize these files? Very frustrating
You need to check the file sizes the polish site seems to think its finished and stop downloading when the file isnt done,try using getright to download or my torrent link which you can use getright to download aswell :D.

I downloaded the "Enhanced Edition" patch, and every time I try to install it, I get this:>SetupNew\setup.cpp (135)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (6001) Non IE/Netscape 34642.30550Any idea what this is/ how to fix it?

Same here, except it says:>SetupNew\setup.cpp (138)PAPP;PVENDOR;PGUID;$@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) Non IE/Netscape 11.0I have putted every file (patch and two language packs) in the same location. I even downloaded those files twice! Does anyone know what's going on here?

For what it is worth on 32bit XP SP3 if I set win95 compatibility mode for the upgrade it craps out with a cannot install NET 3.0 just before doing the online registration check. Without setting win95 compatibility it craps out with another problem after the registration check (which is why in desparation I tried compatibility mode).

Hey guys, I am getting a similar issue. I think this ma have something to do with running Vista...My error message:>SetupNew\setup.cpp (135)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (6001) IE 7.0.6001.18000This is really frustrating

I was getting the "localized key-catastrophic failure" error as well.After checking the TWEE download integrity (same size and MD5 from three locations - none of which had icons/version info), checking that localized.key file wasn't read only, a full re-install to Patch 1.3 - I finally totally disabled my firewall (ZoneAlarm) and the damn thing started installing. The installer must be doing something which trips the "intrusion detector" on the firewall and gets auto-blocked.I dont like having my butt swinging in the breeze without a firewall, but hopefully it wont take too long until I can turn it back on.On edit: INstall finished. Game appears functional at this point

When I try to upgrade Witcher with TWEE_Upgrade.exe all goes well until it start to copy the files. When trying to copy localized.key I get the following error:Feature transfer errorFeature: NotCencoredComponent:File:Error: Catastrophic FailureI have downloaded both the language file and the TWEE_Upgrade file from two different locations and I still get the same error.Please help!

Lyc said:
I was getting the "localized key-catastrophic failure" error as well.After checking the TWEE download integrity (same size and MD5 from three locations - none of which had icons/version info), checking that localized.key file wasn't read only, a full re-install to Patch 1.3 - I finally totally disabled my firewall (ZoneAlarm) and the damn thing started installing. The installer must be doing something which trips the "intrusion detector" on the firewall and gets auto-blocked.
I completed unloaded my firewall which isn't zonealarm, I don't have any active anti-virus running and the error is just the same. I monitored file activity during the install and between pressing the install button and the error it didn't do anything much but read its own executable. I also monitored registry activity at the time and it didn't really do any. After pressing the install button it sits there for about 10 seconds using a lot of CPU with little if any file or registry activity then craps out with the Catastrophic error.

I have the same problem with a slightly different error message. Feature: CensoredComponent:File:Error: Catastrophic failure This entire process is quite annoying. I dont consider 3 hours of my time free. I could of made $30 at my job by now...

I get the exact same thing at the localized.key part of the installation! Any body know how to remedy this?Feature: CensoredComponent:File:Error: Catastrophic failure

Hi guys, same here, my error message log:>SetupNew\setup.cpp (138)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (6001) Non IE/Netscape 34642.30466Somehow I guess we will get more of these reports.

I can confirm. Even when I kill all antivirus/firewall/daemon related tasks, this error message still appears. I run a german XP with SP3 installed.All files are within one folder but no luck installing EE. The installer fails while installing the "localized.key" and "feature:NotCensored". I've gave several attempts meanwhile and give up now. I'll wait few days and see if someone has a solution for this problem or bug. Very disappointing!

I have downloaded the 1.4 patch and the new language pack (english) And registrered.When im trying do install 1.4 patch it tells me after the reg thing that i need to install the new\right language pack first.So.. ok.. Ill do that, I thought to myself. So im about to do that... And then the language pack tells me to install the 1.4 patch first... So I was like.... oookkey...Let me try that again then... So i did and got the same message and then i tryed to install the language pack and got the same message... So basicly ive been going in circle for a long long time now... no I havent, that would be really stupid, but!!!!!Anyone know why i get that problem.. What the foeck did i do wrong? or havent done right? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Yeah I solved it...Needed to put the files in the same folder:) Nice.. Its allways a simple solution... Sometimes

I haven't gotten to the catastrophic error yet, but it seems that yes, this is ineed a Firewall problem ^^ I have Norton and tried disabling it before, but it seems that was not enough. You need to disable all protection before it works XD

I just reinstalled The Witcher (original version) and downloaded the EE patch. After installing the game, I registered and got a confirmation e-mail with my CD key, assuring me the game is registered. I ran the TWEE_Upgrade.exe patch file, proceeded to the section where it informs you that it will check to ensure the game is registered, and every time it immediately gives me an error dialog saying the game is not registered. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and that did nothing to help. I don't really know what else to try. As it stands, I can't install the patch as it gives me an error every time I try.

The only difference between what you did and what I did (I reinstalled this morning and didn't bother patching it) was to play the game briefly after installing it. Don't know if that makes any difference or not, but that was the only thing different.

Top Bottom