Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
Ninjaman said:
Well it's worth a shot, I'll try that.
I hate to say itbut i think it takes a while for the server to log the fact you have just registered today maybe,or maybe its just bogged down with all the people atm mate.

That's the point, no protection left to disable/kill.Besides it doesn't make any sense at all, the internet is indeed very dangerous with no protection but cdproject says disable every security software you have installed before u install this patch (assuming that). How insane is this !?

And make sure its named correctlyon mine it had "(2)" at the end of its name and it couldn't find it.

I have also disabling all security (which is only windows firewall) and i still get the catastrophic failure. Along with re-installing the game. Do they not test the patches before releasing them?

DarkThorus said:
Try register again running administrators account. In my case it helped.
Thank you! I never even considered that. This worked and the patch is installing now.

Tisse said:
When I try to upgrade Witcher with TWEE_Upgrade.exe all goes well until it start to copy the files. When trying to copy localized.key I get the following error:Feature: NotCencoredComponent:File:Error: Catastrophic FailureI have downloaded both the language file and the TWEE_Upgrade file from two different locations and I still get the same error.Please help!
I am getting the same error. I have XP SP3 and the uk version of the game.I have seen many have this error. Lets go to bed now and hope they have worked this thing out. Lets hope they are at work in the weekend :)Regards, mbj12.

Scrat said:
Screenshot of problem:http://img357.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image2tm3.jpgThis occurs every time I try to install.
I have the same problem.Regards, mbj12.

enekomh said:
I'm having a different problem.Even though I can authenticate correctly I keep getting a message saying my game's language doesn't correspond to the language chosen in the installer (even though I have both in Spanish).Did anyone have this same problem?
Hi,yeah, I had the same problem. Then I found out that it was because my language file wass renamed by my downloadmanager. So check the spelling of the language file.Regards, mbj12.

Well, it does not work. Downloaded Patch + English Language Pack + Side Effects + Price of Neutrality. Installation completed successfully. When i start The Witcher, i get a black screen for about 0,5 seconds then i am back on my desktop. With Djinni i get the Splash Screen with the loading progress then iam back at my desktop. No visible error message at all. I completely reinstalled The Witcher (including the manual removal of the installation folder) and repreated the EE installation from 1.0. The same.I have XP SP3 and no fancy stuff is installed. I have currently 106 Games installed with zero problems (including The Witcher without EE) and now iam tired. Maybe you can work out a solution because i dont think iam the only one with this problem. I cannot answer the next days but i will offer detailed information if there is no general solution until then. And sorry, if there is already a solution. After struggling half of the day with the download i just dont have the strength for a comprehensive search.

This is what I have, but, the patch does not install for me so what do I know?
Code:
d811cd48e0e0b159ae4ecf977055de5c *TWEE_adventure_Side_Effects.exef9802e7447bfb080e8f061d9acf47db5 *TWEE_adventure_The_Price_of_Neutrality.exe21e96ffd871db9797830313f5380271a *TWEE_English_language_pack.exe9ddbb3baf43c8a7236ce1c2e3c038249 *TWEE_Upgrade.exe
edit:- md5 if you couldn't guess.

Could you please verify that you indeed have the full update and at least 1 language pack? There have been reports of almost complete or partial update downloads which may or may not be displayed as full downloads that cause problems with installation. Some of the mirrors currently have good download speeds, please try re-downloading.If that does not help, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.Hope that helps

TWEE_Upgrade.exe: 931,419kbTWEE_English_language_pack.exe: 468,061kbUninstalled and re-installing atm.

i got the same message but then I realized that I had not downloaded the full file. The download must have timed out. Went back a few hours later and downloaded the full patch and language patch and I am no longer getting this message. Check the size of the files you downloaded against the size they are supposed to be.

Saruya said:
TWEE_Upgrade.exe: 931,419kbTWEE_English_language_pack.exe: 468,061kbUninstalled and re-installing atm.
And after all that, no. Still exactly the same problem.XP Pro, Service pack 3.UK Registered version of the Witcher.

Well, crap. I downloaded all the files this morning before work, and after ten hours at work, was finally back home so I could install... and of course I get some kind of error. Figures. Thinking about it all day, and now my stress level will go through the roof until I can get everything going. ;DYou know, for all this wonderful technology nowadays, problems with games just seem to be getting more and more frequent.

Top Bottom