Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
Saruya said:
21e96ffd871db9797830313f5380271a|TWEE_English_language_pack.exe9ddbb3baf43c8a7236ce1c2e3c038249|TWEE_Upgrade.exeBoth files appear ok.I have no mods installed, and never had any. First attempt was with the original version patched to 1.3, and the second attempt was with the newly installed 1.0 version.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------21e96ffd871db9797830313f5380271a|TWEE_English_language_pack.exe820ee713c092c97026ebad1a8a47f460|TWEE_Upgrade.exeLanguage pack checks out the upgrade seems to be different though :
Saruya said:
Seriously why couldn't this of been uploaded to filefront? Dling at 700kbps is much nicer than this ****** 50 that disconnects... nvm http://files.filefront.com/The+Witcher+Original+to+Enhanced+Edition+Patch/;11836246;/fileinfo.htmlDling at 700+ may want to put this link in the first post.. or on the main website.
Back to trying to download the patch again /groan

Appname: witcher.exe Appver. 1.4.5.1282 Modname:witcher.exe Modver:1.4.5.1282 Offset:003f3df4The latest Graphicdriver is installed (G-Force 8800GTS)My System: Win XP + Service Pack 3What seems to be the trouble?(Sorry for my Bad English)

Witcher 1.3 runs with no problemsAny help on this issue would be appreciatedBIG RED X then error message;>SetupNew\setup.cpp (135)PAPP:pVENDFG:pGUID:$@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) IE 7.0.6000.16705

STGhost said:
Hmmm ok, can you compare the checksum of your files with these please?http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16920.0Oh, and also ensure you don't currently have any mods installed (uninstalling may leave those files in your game folder)
I posted a set of checksums in that thread which appear to match what others have posted. Among my many attempts to get this patch installed I completely deinstalled the game, deleted the install directory, reinstalled from DVD, and patched to 1.3. I also tried unloading my firewall and tried straight after a reboot. 32bit XP SP3 running an administrators account, no active virus scanner. I am short of space on the C: drive (about 0.8G) but the game is not installed on the C drive.

Downloaded the upgrade patch twice and the language (UK) pack 3 times but the last download of the laguage pack seems to have done the trick. No more not censored catastrophic failure error. although i cant understand why, all the files seemed to have downloaded complete. I think i may have downloaded the US language pack first time, because i didnt notice the arrows too change language selection, but i dont think i would have done that the second time. So best bet might be too just keep downloading the pack ???. And at least in my case it wasnt firewall etc, because i dont have one at the moment

at least you got yours installed...4 hrs and 2.1 BILLION i/o's later and still going. and this is on 3.6ghz e8400 with 4 gig mem and 500g sata drives

Here's the message I posted in the original thread.Here's my problem.While installing the mega patch, I get an error during the actualization process, after I've validated I have a game, etc.Error (111)C:\\Program Files\The Witcher\Data\fx00.bfWhat the heck do I do now?It forced me to reinstall the witcher, and did the same thing over again.Kinda posted during a busy streak. Can anyone help me out?I've had to uninstall and reinstall 3 times now over this stupid bug. I re-downloaded the patch from 3 different sites now, and EVERY single one of them has given me the same result.

Hamlindo said:
After spending 9 effing hours nursing downloads trying to get the patch when I eventually get it all I have got is the english version of this message!
Haha You too? I just came on this forum to post the same thing and you beat me to it! Man this Enhanced version has been the toughest patch to install yet.

Update for mine, Enhanced edition from filefront did not workEnhanced edition from fileplanet worked. Changed nothing and tried one after the other.

Update for mine, Enhanced edition from filefront did not workEnhanced edition from fileplanet worked. Changed nothing and tried one after the other.

Solved my install issue - error copied below. A. Firewall. Zonealarm and the patch are fighting each other. Which is pretty bothersome.B. I'm worried, what with people talking about shutting down firewalls.-- Guys, if you're going to do it then PLEASE unplug your router first? Pretty please? -- You can re-start the firewall and internet after you get the patch started. It does seem to work that way.Here was my message:>SetupNew\setup.cpp(138)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) Non IE/Netscape 11.0

Interesting, do post your suggestion here as well:http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16897.0

Aonevm said:
at least you got yours installed...4 hrs and 2.1 BILLION i/o's later and still going. and this is on 3.6ghz e8400 with 4 gig mem and 500g sata drives
If you are talking about the install taking 4 hours I think there is a problem with 64bit XP which makes it take for ever - check the FAQ on the download page.

vai0 said:
Did/could you confirm the files are actually different? post md5s and tell us which worked?

enekomh said:
I'm having a different problem.Even though I can authenticate correctly I keep getting a message saying my game's language doesn't correspond to the language chosen in the installer (even though I have both in Spanish).Did anyone have this same problem?
Yes only I am having the problem with the English version

Kazimira said:
Trying to run the exe gets me the error message...>SetupNew\setup.cpp(135)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (6001) Non IE/Netscape 34642.30443
I get a very similar error, except I'm running XP Pro x64.

I downloaded one from the primary Polish website and one from a link provided elsewhere in this forum (fangaming.com). Neither of the TWEE_Upgrade.exe will work, even though both match the same MD5 as what has been posted here.EDIT: Per later user's suggestion, I downloaded one from GamersHell. It worked successfully, unlike two others I'd downloaded from the Polish site and Fan Gaming. I can't figure out what or why - the MD5 sums all match, the file sizes are identical, the parity seems to be fine. I dunno what makes it different, but this one worked and the others didn't.Hope this helps others, here's the GamersHell link:http://www.gamershell.com/download_32976.shtml

Thought I was downloading the EE the correct way off of the discs and somehow I managed to re-install the original game and am back to version 1.0. I am now downloading the patch from the website. Any ideas where I went wrong or how to fix this?

Top Bottom