Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
Hello,I get the same error as well:Feature: NotCensoredComponent:File:Error: Catastrophic failure TWEE_English_language_pack.exe MD5 hash: 21e96ffd871db9797830313f5380271aTWEE_Upgrade.exe MD5 hash: 9ddbb3baf43c8a7236ce1c2e3c038249One thing I have noticed is that the language pack executable has an Witcher icon and version information in it's property page. TWEE_Upgrade.exe has the bog standard window icon and no version info in the properties page. Could a kind soul who was lucky enough to install EE tell me if their TWEE_Upgrade.exe has an icon and version information?I'm now on my third attempt at downloading EE, this time from Gamers Hell, an apt name I think.Good luck everyone!Shad

Wait start again there. Which is the US version? The patch or the game? Now please dont take this the wrong way but is your COMPUTER ITSELF set to UK? If your operating system is set to the wrong region issues like this will arrise.

Hi guys,this is just plain annoying. Yesterday I tried to install the patch and got this error:>SetupNew\setup.cpp(138)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (6001) Non IE/Netscape 34642.30443after a few tries & errors I said to myself screw this patch, and I went to sleep.Today I woke up and run the patch again, and it worked with no problems. I was amazed, but hey it is working right? Yup.... 15 secs later I got this error:Feature transfer error---------------------------Feature: NotCensoredComponent: File: Error: Catastrophic failureThis error has popped up in Polish but it doesn't matter I guess. The files I have in this upgrade folder are: TWEE_adventure_Side_Effects.exeTWEE_adventure_The_Price_of_Neutrality.exeTWEE_English_language_pack.exeTWEE_Polish_language_pack.exeTWEE_Upgrade.exechecksum is ok on these files... seriously I don't know what is happening.

Same issue WIN XP Pro SP3 germanTWEE_Upgrade.exeTWEE_German_language_pack.exeFeature transfer error---------------------------Feature: NotCensoredComponent: File: Error: Catastrophic failure(german language)the installer crashed when showing "localized.key"..

I had several problems installing patch. I will recount what I did, in the case it will help someone:1) First I could not register the game on my computer, so I used virtual machine to register the game and then copy the corresponding registry keys to my gaming computer.2) After step (1), the patch did start but hangs at writing file "meshes00.bif" (I confirmed this using process monitor, since the patch does not print any information) and nothing I tried could help. As the last desperate measure, I installed the witcher on a virtual computer running 32-bit xp, installed patch, and then copied all the files in the folder "The Witcher" to my gaming rig overwriting all the installed files.3) Now the game starts, but crashes with "...needs to be closed"-message. I used the trick proposed in the eax-thread and changed hardware acceleration to standard. Now The Witcher runs.So What did I learn? Perhaps my XP64 installation is rotten, but since I have newer had any serious problems with it, I suspect that the patch is a result of extremely sloppy programming and lacking quality control.Maybe adding some informative messages to the coming patches is not too much to ask?

Fixes which error?--- doesn't work for this error:Feature transfer error---------------------------Feature: NotCensoredComponent: File: Error: Catastrophic failure

Starting up the TWEE upgrade takes a few minutes for it even to begin, and then when it finally boots up, it says that the language pack isn't' found. I tried installing the language pack, and it says I need the TWEE upgrade. wtf? I've downloaded the language pack. they are both in their own little folder named The Witcher. Still says it can't find the language pack.

Hey all,First post on the forums here. I installed the new enhanced version just half an hour ago, and after that tried to install the language pack. The language pack, halfway through instaling gave a string error message and closed down. After rereading the installation instructions it appears that I didnt have to install the language pack at all provided I had both the patch and the pack in the same folder when I patched. That was the case (both in witcher folder). However now, when I start up the game I am not getting any voiceovers or dialogs, sound works fine. Is it because I tried to install the language pack without having to do so or does it have to do something with the string error?Thanks in advance

To remove some missunderstandings.Any 64 bit version of XP or Vista should run in Window 95 compability mode (read the FAQ dudes...)The TWEE_Upgrade.exe is supposed to have NO ICON and NO VERSIONINFOWhen using vista, run the TWEE_Upgrade.exe as Administrator (Richt-click option).If you get that error when starting the installer, it indicates a faulty downloaded version. Due to the heavy server load yesterday, files got corrupted because internet connection to the download server got disconnected the whole time. The fix? Easy, just redownload the file (it should be way faster now anyway, I downloaded it with 700kb/s yesterday evening - GMT + 1, around 23:50 -, everything, including the bonus pack), afterwards, follow above instructions if they apply.In case you didn't get it, if you want to install the extra adventures and such, be sure you have them in the same directory as the TWEE_Upgrade.exe! Eventually, far enough in the process, you get to choice to install them.Good luck.

After the verification of the game and while its ready to start patching i get this error message "The laguage pack corresponding to the language version of the game already on your system was not found. Download the relevant pack" I got the english version of the game and downloaded everything on English. Can anyone help me plz ?. I have XP SP3.

Witchermkh said:
Fixes which error?--- doesn't work for this error:Feature transfer error---------------------------Feature: NotCensoredComponent: File: Error: Catastrophic failure
Any time you try to patch and this bug appeard its damage the game. And for another try, you should re-install game... I suppose...

Geostarkiller said:
After the verification of the game and while its ready to start patching i get this error message "The laguage pack corresponding to the language version of the game already on your system was not found. Download the relevant pack" I got the english version of the game and downloaded everything on English. Can anyone help me plz ?. I have XP SP3.
Have you downloaded the english language pack?

LennardF1989 said:
If you get that error when starting the installer, it indicates a faulty downloaded version.
No it doesn't. Some people who had "Catastrophic Failure" errors found they had corrupt patch files. Others (like me) have known good patch files (md5sum verified) and still get "Catastrophic Failure" errors.

These are the Checksums of the correctly working files (the ones I used to upgrade).I upgraded from Patch 1.3, but that shouldn't matter (according the the License Agreement).Everything was download of the mirror provided by CDProjekt RED, so don't use Fileshack or any other if you want to be sure you have the exact same files as me! For the ease of it, I'll provide the links below.To check the MD5, use the this free tool (no installation): http://www.midwavi.com/md5.zip, that way you are sure you get the same results as me.Installation files:TWEE_Upgrade.exe - 9DDBB3BAF43C8A7236CE1C2E3C038249Direct link: http://cdn.sciagnij.pl/bi.sciagnij.pl/0/4/TWEE_Upgrade.exeTWEE_English_language_pack.exe - 21E96FFD871DB9797830313F5380271ADirect link: http://cdn.sciagnij.pl/bi.sciagnij.pl/0/7/TWEE_English_language_pack.exeTWEE_adventure_The_Price_of_Neutrality.exe - F9802E7447BFB080E8F061D9ACF47DB5Direct link: http://cdn.sciagnij.pl/bi.sciagnij.pl/0/0/TWEE_adventure_The_Price_of_Neutrality.exeTWEE_adventure_Side_Effects.exe - D811CD48E0E0B159AE4ECF977055DE5CDirext link: http://cdn.sciagnij.pl/bi.sciagnij.pl/0/9/TWEE_adventure_Side_Effects.exeBonus material:Soundtrack.zip (Soundtrack) - 372BA2B9751C8FB96277FB02BED36AF0Direct link: http://cdn.sciagnij.pl/bi.sciagnij.pl/0/4/Soundtracks.zipEnglish - UK.zip (Additional Materials) - FF2860A793969F6A7A09C2D103B9ACC2Direct link: http://cdn.sciagnij.pl/bi.sciagnij.pl/0/4/English%20-%20UK.zipAgain, first download all installation files you need before patching and put all of them in the same directory!Good luck,LennardIf errors keep persisting, completely remove the game (also "The Witcher" directory after uninstalling, and the registry entries (if you know how that works). Reinstall, patch up to 1.3 then try again (same route I took). Note, I never had errors, it worked straight away for me. When installing additional languages (eg. German), be sure you also have the English pack downloaded, the installer might be expecting the english pack and thus causing the Catastrophic error.

Top Bottom