Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
worked when i shut down every other program that was running but now i get another error :-\

A few users have come across this one. Disable windows firewall and any other anti-virus or firewall software.Those running Kaspersky Internet Security have had success by completely uninstalling it.

I solved the problem by uninstalling every component related to dotnet. That solved the problem for me even though I have to reinstall everything.

When installing the EE conten, everything goes smoothly until the actual installation. It will begin to install the features, but gets hung-up on Feature: CENSORED Error: Catastrophic Failure.Attached us a screen-shot of the exact error I get, and you can also see the files I downloaded.I just bought the game yesterday evening and began downloading the files last night.For reference, I am running Windows Vista Ultimate Edition 64-bit, and I the install with UAC both on and off. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks,/M

The upgrade file from FIleshack doesn't work. I downloaded the language files from the original polish download site. But still no use. Reinstalling the game again.

Hello CD Project Red.I think I have a problem. When the installation finished I got the message "Modifying game files. This process may take up to two hours. Manually interrupting this process will necessitate re-installation of the game."It has been over 3 hours. Is this normal? Should it be like this?

I can confirm following checksums:
Code:
d811cd48e0e0b159ae4ecf977055de5c TWEE_adventure_Side_Effects.exeda23cae982b9793bc772f4f3065311be TWEE_Czech_language_pack.exe21e96ffd871db9797830313f5380271a TWEE_English_language_pack.exee396873d7229cabcf59e8dbf8a7d2349 TWEE_French_language_pack.exe13eb798770b4e4ae461190a816a4799e TWEE_German_language_pack.exe4fbf98976639866fd2da35eac7aebe5a TWEE_Polish_language_pack.exe9ddbb3baf43c8a7236ce1c2e3c038249 TWEE_Upgrade.exe
Those who have problems, are in doubt, and have different MD5, please do not post your checksums in big. It can confuse casual readers in which one is right and which one is wrong.

Your optical drive's lens may be dirty, or you may need a firmware update, etc. you can try copying all of the files to a folder and running the install from there. Sometimes the function in Windows that copies files is more rigorous than the ordinary "run" function.

I ran the installed in win95 compatibility mode and had the same issue. I downloaded the dotnet 3.0 redistributable version from the microsoft website and installed it manually, rebooted then installed EE without a problem (not that the game actually works now, but that's another issue.)

Just have a Problem with the Installation too.:the Installion starts after choosing only german an stops with the Window:c:\the Witcher\data\localized.keyFehler bei Featureübertragung:Feature:NotCensordComponent:Datei:Beschreibung:Schwerwiegender Fehlerplease Help

Just have a Problem simular to this one:the Installion starts after choosing only german an stops with the Window:c:\the Witcher\data\localized.keyFehler bei Featureübertragung:Feature:NotCensordComponent:Datei:Beschreibung:Schwerwiegender Fehlersame problem with german register and patching under sp3 with only the Upgrade and german language Patch

RedSaBre said:
Hi I have the Uk version of The Witcher The manual states ATARI UNITED KINGDOM ectI bought it in Game store Plymouth UK yet when I tried to install it after downloading the patch with Union Jack flag tag I am getting a message incorrect version iv checked it and its the usa version has anyone else had this problem I defiantly downloaded the uk one just wondering if file tag is wrong.
Hi,you have to check the spelling of your language file. I had a problem with my download manager who has renamed the language file.Regards, mbj12.

uhm any notice from the staff? I've tried to apply the patch 1.4 at the game ver. 1.0 and 1.3 and nothing change....I've tried to:- remove localized.key- execute in compatibility mode winXpSp2 - run with the admin privilage- remove all sub selected language (only italian selected)what is solution? i don't know...Please help us....

it's not the size of the file that matters, if the contents are differenttry to download from another site, compare MD5 sums to those posted here previously for known good files

Top Bottom