Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
redman6122 said:
I assume becuse the only want people who bought the game, as opposed the pirates, be be able to upgrade.Certainly there are a few snags in their system though.
I paid for this game ... a beautiful game ...but this patch ... was published without the required test ...and this is the result ....

Well, yeah, pirates won't be able to install the 1.4 patch. And why should they even bother? Full EE was already cracked, so only we, users who actualy OWN the game, have this pain in the butt.

I had this error as well...usually caused by incomplete download and or corrupted file....My download kept cutting off prematurely and it seemed like it was all there but when u check the size its smaller than the 909MB file you should have...hope it helpls..

Hmm, I tried to install the update while I was in windows safe mode with network, but then I can't connect to the server.But when I try in normal windows mode I am able to connect to server, but I still get that localization.key error.I Have noticed that the TWEE_Upgrade.exe file does not have an icon as should have but the file size is 909 mb. I don't know what to do...

i have the same exact problem as your screen shot.catastrophic error...thingyOther than a total delete and reinstall of the game has anyone found a solution yet...any thing would be great..thanks

Is there any OFFICIAL replacement for the Polish download site that sends out truncated files as the full deal? (In Edit) Before I decided to read every pinned thread that exists here, all over again, in anticipation that there was one with a name on it that didn't reflect my problem, I tried the main PC with the bad copy of the file. Got the same exact (& totally meaningless) error message. My browser has a built-in Download Manager that's usually quite good about being able to recognize a bad download as having terminated incorrectly (in Sea Monkey, the slightly less flashy cousin to FireFox). I finally compared the file sizes reported by Windows Explorer with what the Download Manager claimed. VERY different! It certainly would've been more convenient if any thread with a similar title to mine had ever been answered here before I tracked this down (and edited my original complaint).

Just tried doing this with the Safe Mode w/ Networking method.Same error. Censored. Castastrophic. Localized.exe

The only official download site is the one you already used. There are unofficial ones however that you can use at your own peril. Mine from exp.de worked just fine.

Well, after downloading the patches from a different site (Gamershell), and after uninstalling and reinstalling the game, the patch did install correctly, and the game runs. It CTD'd once so far, but the other two games I have (Morrowind and Oblivion) do the same, occasionally.This thread was helpful somewhat (suggesting other DL sites), so thank you for that.

Hey,I started installing the EE update patch about an hour and a half ago. I logged in, it verified that I had registered, then went through a window where it showed it installing some stuff. Then it switches to a window that says "Modifying game files. This may take up to two hours. Manually interrupting this process will necessitate re installation of the game." Now I know it hasn't been two hours yet, but I wanted to make sure that this should be going on, because I don't see a percentile status bar or anything, so I have no way to tell if its actually installing, or if its froze, or what. So I guess my question is, is this normal?

Yo, I can't install the Witcher Enhanced edition off the dvd. The installer starts and in frist few seconds it brings up this---------------------------CSIDL_COMMON_DOCUMENTS---------------------------Failed(-2147024894): The system cannot find the file specified.---------------------------OK ---------------------------if I press ok I can continue on but when i press install it thinks i have no disk space but I do have 400gb. I also have a silly dell made recovery drive which has 10gb.---------------------------The Witcher Enhanced Edition - InstallShield Wizard---------------------------There is not enough space to install these option(s).Please free up some disk space or modify your selections.---------------------------OK ---------------------------I tryed to run it on my laptop which has xp and it works fine.I've also tryed to install it in safe mode.I run vista on my pc.I have 9800x2Quad core 2.4ghz4gb of ramAny ideas would be great.Boo

I spent 2 hours today trailing my wife round various shops, and in the end I found a copy of the retail EE. So I'm going to try installing that just instead of bothering with this patch.

AFTER HOURS OF TRYING I FOUND A SOLUTION for "Catastrophic Failure" error !!!!!!!!!!!The reason was COMODO firewall !!! BUT.....disabling does not help, turning off the service does not help, event starting in Safe mode with Comodo service off does not help.The ONLY THING THAT HELP IS TOTAL UNINSTALL OF THIS FIREWALL!!!! Maybe newest version of this firewall acts better in those cases.If you do not have Comodo ... maybe another firewall or similar software acts the same way.

I do not have any firewall except WinXP which is off when I try to do this.I am hoping the devs are paying close attention to this thread and will have a fix shortly because it's beyond me how something as basic as this gets past QA.

I have Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 and I do not want to uninstall this great software, besides I don't even know if this will work.So much trouble with this damn patch...

Top Bottom