Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
The problem with catastrophic failure can be solved by uninstalling comodo firewall.not disable.uninstall completelysomebody else posted this end it worked for me.i don't remember his name but i thank him the most.

erra said:
AFTER HOURS OF TRYING I FOUND A SOLUTION for "Catastrophic Failure" error !!!!!!!!!!!The reason was COMODO firewall !!! BUT.....disabling does not help, turning off the service does not help, event starting in Safe mode with Comodo service off does not help.The ONLY THING THAT HELP IS TOTAL UNINSTALL OF THIS FIREWALL!!!! Maybe newest version of this firewall acts better in those cases.If you do not have Comodo ... maybe another firewall or similar software acts the same way.
I also have Comodo firewall, I have just uninstalled it, and now I got past the Catastrophic Failure" error! Thx for the info man! ;D But now I wonder which firewall I should use in the future as I don't intend to be connected without firewall.Can somebody recommend me a good alternative to Comodo?

Well i am glad for you Comodo users but I don't have Comodo. Only have the WinXP Firewall and it's disabled. :(

Hey,Grateful for info on this if anyone knows…I am about to install the EE, but before I do should I patch to version 1.3? I’m at 1.2 (something) now, I think.Also -- while I’m in question mode :p -- I have saved all downloads for the EE in a folder on my desktop. Is it OK to run TWEE_Upgrade.exe from this location, or should I put it somewhere in the main Witcher folder instead?Thankss

Hi,you don't have to install the 1.3 patch. You should just install The Witcher and then the upgrade, no other patches are needed. Of course you can and should install those language packs and/or (if you want) bonus mission packs.And no, those files don't have to be in the main the Witcher folder. You can install them from your current location.

Solnar said:
Hey,Grateful for info on this if anyone knows…I am about to install the EE, but before I do should I patch to version 1.3? I’m at 1.2 (something) now, I think.Also -- while I’m in question mode :p -- I have saved all downloads for the EE in a folder on my desktop. Is it OK to run TWEE_Upgrade.exe from this location, or should I put it somewhere in the main Witcher folder instead?Thanks
You can install EE patches on 1.0, 1.2 and 1,3 so just install the EE on top of your current installation. But remember to have all EE patches in the same folder and DON't rename them, and you don't have to have the patches in the witcher folder, it should work as long as they are placed together in a folder on one of your harddrives.

I just downloaded the 1.4 patch with languages...the installation starts normally,the game is registered,but after a few seconds it crash.The installation window freeze and an error message pop up...it's like this:function:NotCensoredComponent:File:Errore: Irreparable ErrorWhat is it? really dont' know what to do...

I don't have Comodo. I just tried installing on my Vista x64 partition and it worked fine with cyrillic and without the compatibility mode. The PC is the same, network is the same, settings are the same and the programs are the same. So it's not my NOD32 (which i disabled) problem (also i tried safe mode, where NOD32 wasn't even loaded on startup and the problem was there).Just uninstalled witcher, cleaned the registry of it, re-installed and still have the same stuff over again. I'll try uninstalling my MB nVidia software now (it sometimes installs some stupid firewall or something like that).

Same here, (Censored message).I have :uninstalled and reinstalled from dvd about 5 times.Tried downloading and installing from several different sites (official site says it will take 12 hours to download)Uninstalled antivirus and spyware checker.My firewall has never been enabled.rebooted several times.Deleted installation directory after uninstalling.I suspect (but don't know) that it is trying to put the localized key in the registry, but can't figure out where.I have spent 6 hours trying to get the blasted thing to install, and still no joy.I have searched the forums, and this is an issue all over the place, over and over again, but I have not found an 'official' response, much less a fix.

MoonBear said:
I don't have Comodo. I just tried installing on my Vista x64 partition and it worked fine with cyrillic and without the compatibility mode. The PC is the same, network is the same, settings are the same and the programs are the same. So it's not my NOD32 (which i disabled) problem (also i tried safe mode, where NOD32 wasn't even loaded on startup and the problem was there).Just uninstalled witcher, cleaned the registry of it, re-installed and still have the same stuff over again. I'll try uninstalling my MB nVidia software now (it sometimes installs some stupid firewall or something like that).
Mayby you should try and uninstall Nod32 completely, that was the only thing that worked for me with comodo, I also tried to just disable it and I tried to run win xp in safe mode with it disabled, and none of it worked, I simply had to uninstall it.

Uninstalled Comodo and the patch now is installing without any error!!!That sound really incredible... I wonder what strange sort of interaction could happen... and if it's a Comodo problem or a patch problem.And overall the big question is: will the witcher EE run if I reinstall comodo after patch application?Lem

I will try uninstalling NOD32, sure. It's just strange, since i have NOD32 on my Vista and it didn't interfere with the installation there...

hey guys!I downloaded the enhanced edition patch and executed it. Instead of the installation dialogue I get an error message. On another computer the same file can be executed without any problems.Below you can see a screenshot.System: XP SP3Core 2 DuoATi HD 2900 ProRegards,Sven

No, it's definitely not corrupted.Should work without problems. File's exactly the same as on 2 other PCs. Even when I copy it from them to the one I use the error message when opening the file remains the same.A lot of other people seem to have the same problem.Is any solution out yet?

Same here...........!I'm wondering ,why there aren't any solutions for that problem. When you look around, you will see so many users having the same issue.

mbj12 said:
mbj12 said:
I'm having a different problem.Even though I can authenticate correctly I keep getting a message saying my game's language doesn't correspond to the language chosen in the installer (even though I have both in Spanish).Did anyone have this same problem?
Hi,yeah, I had the same problem. Then I found out that it was because my language file wass renamed by my downloadmanager. So check the spelling of the language file.Regards, mbj12.
That solved it for me! Thank you!

Add me to the list of people with this problem. I'm wondering if it might be because I live in Canada, but imported the game from the UK...

Top Bottom