Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
when i try to install the upgrade it says i have to install the selected language pack. can anyone point me in the direction on downloading the english language pack?? or how to fix this.

CzOAssassinsCreed said:
www.google.com;)
:wall:Sorry, man. Here:http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/www/installation_of_twee_in_four_easy_steps.htmlYou should just follow the steps given there :)Just click the flag that suits You. Then You click blue title in top, then wait, till it launch downloading :)

helloI have a little problemI have installed the witcher, registered the game, downloaded the patchesbut everytime i try to install the EE patch it keeps saying "please register the witcher before installing the witcher enhanced edition - actualization packplease help me!

Cyberangelic said:
but everytime i try to install the EE patch it keeps saying "please register the witcher before installing the witcher enhanced edition - actualization pack
just register every time the patch asks you, it will eventually workdo read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 too ( try some tips from there )

I've downloaded the Enhanced Edition upgrade.I have the original game though.I tried to install it, everything went fine untill an error box popped up saying that I don't have the right language pack installed.But, you can't install the language pack untill you install the upgrade...Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.I've been playing the Witcher for a while now and was very upset when the CDP team decided to cut the console version.I REALLY want to play the game again and finish it.PLEASE help.

Unclepeanuts said:
I tried to install it, everything went fine untill an error box popped up saying that I don't have the right language pack installed.But, you can't install the language pack untill you install the upgrade...
get the patch and the language pack in the same folder with their original names, then run TWEE_Upgrade

My TWEE game complaints about "Please insert the original DVD of the THE WITCHER ENHANCED", even if I start the game from the original DVD. I noticed there are some problems with Symantec products and Daemon Tools but I do not intend to uninstall my Norton Internet Security just because TWEE cannot play nice with them.Is there another workaround for this issue?L.E: I've been able to start the game from DVD but after registering it today this doesn't work anymore.

ShivaSi said:
My TWEE game complaints about "Please insert the original DVD of the THE WITCHER ENHANCED", even if I start the game from the original DVD. I noticed there are some problems with Symantec products and Daemon Tools but I do not intend to uninstall my Norton Internet Security just because TWEE cannot play nice with them.Is there another workaround for this issue?L.E: I've been able to start the game from DVD but after registering it today this doesn't work anymore.
if the antivirus causes problems then it's its fault, do report it to their devs and stop using itthose applications should not interfere in the DVD reading process, maybe you can Exclude witcher.exe or something

LicaonKter said:
if the antivirus causes problems then it's its fault, do report it to their devs and stop using itthose applications should not interfere in the DVD reading process, maybe you can Exclude witcher.exe or something
Weird stuff, though. I had to reset my computer and after that TWEE started without complaining about its DVDs, under limited or admin account...

Hi all, I beat the Witcher back in the day when it came out, but I'm gonna try it again on the EE. I've DL'd the 1.4 patch and the language pack and tried to install it this morning but I didn't have much time so I canceled it. It seemed to me like the installer wasn't doing anything, just sort of hanging. Since we have a 103 page thread about installation issues, I assume folks have had problems. Gonna try to do it again here tonight and see what happens. Talk soon!-Utmost

Utmost said:
Hi all, I beat the Witcher back in the day when it came out, but I'm gonna try it again on the EE. I've DL'd the 1.4 patch and the language pack and tried to install it this morning but I didn't have much time so I canceled it. It seemed to me like the installer wasn't doing anything, just sort of hanging.
it takes a lot of time and it might look like it's stuck, but if the hard drive light is on then it's working :beer:

Hi there, I'm not sure this is the right topic to post this question in. But I'm interested in getting The Witcher: Enhanced Edition, but I'm in the middle of playing the original Witcher. Would it be possible to install The Witcher: Enhanced Edition and not lose my current game? So that I could enjoy all the enhanced features, but not have to start all over. I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks!Catz

kittycatz188 said:
Hi there, I'm not sure this is the right topic to post this question in. But I'm interested in getting The Witcher: Enhanced Edition, but I'm in the middle of playing the original Witcher. Would it be possible to install The Witcher: Enhanced Edition and not lose my current game? So that I could enjoy all the enhanced features, but not have to start all over. I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks!Catz
yep, you can use your savegames

I've got 1.4.5.1280, but I hear there's a newer version, if so how do I get it; I've also read that EE can't be updated past the version I have...is this true or false?!

mlauzon said:
I've got 1.4.5.1280, but I hear there's a newer version, if so how do I get it; I've also read that EE can't be updated past the version I have...is this true or false?!
the new hotfix is here: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=21009.0 :beer:

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
the new hotfix is here: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=21009.0 :beer:
That doesn't tell me what the latest version is, I want to know what version: 1.4.5.*; notice the asterisk...that is what I want to know.

mlauzon said:
That doesn't tell me what the latest version is, I want to know what version: 1.4.5.*; notice the asterisk...that is what I want to know.
once you install it you will have the latest version 1303

Top Bottom