Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
Now I know this has been covered in numerous posts, but still I don't have a solution. I'm trying to install the EE for the original witcher. I have verified the checksums of the downloads, however the universal extractor will not extract the exe. Something about a corrupt file.I have now downloaded the upgrade 9 times or more from different sites with no luck.Question: What does the upgrade icon look like when you download it? Is it a windows system icon or a witcher wolf head? (I'm getting the system icon)Even though the upgrade was verified it seems to me to be missing something. The error is: Feature transfer error Censored Catastrophic errorThis occurs after hanging on localized.key on the install. I have tried everything in the FAQs. Tried compatibility mode.Bought this in Canada if it makes a difference. I've read that some people have got it working for them...HOW? Update registered fine.Thanks for any help.OK got it working. I'm a idiot. I thought the extractor hung after finding the corrupt header and I exited it. Just had to give it time to do its thing. DUH!

I just had that problem. I proved to a fault to one of my ram sticks while troubleshooting. After removing the faulty stick it installed fine. Run the Memory Diagnostics Tool to see if you are having the same issue. You can do so by searching "Memory Diagnostics Tool" in windows.Good Luck and lemme know how you went :)

When installing EE Upgrade I get the following error:Feature Transfer ErrorFeature: NotCensoredComponent:File:Error: Catastrophic FailureThis happens after validating my copy as a registered one, when it starts installing. Would really appreciate some help with this.

Do you mean the patch from the original Witcher to the enhanced edition? And with foreign you mean the Polish site? Then yes, it's the official download, the game is Polish.But to be sure, you should've posted the url of the site and told us where you got it from. If you've got it from www.thewitcher.com, then it is the right one.

boronha69 said:
When installing EE Upgrade I get the following error:Feature Transfer ErrorFeature: NotCensoredComponent:File:Error: Catastrophic FailureThis happens after validating my copy as a registered one, when it starts installing. Would really appreciate some help with this.
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 see the patch installation tips there, do detail what you've tried already and what happenedis that a 64bit Windows? if so you need to run the patch in Windows 95 compatibiliy mode

Hello, I didn't want to make a new thread and this thread seems close enough to the issues I'm having. I have the original version of WItcher for U.S. and did a clean install of the original dvd and then went to the updates and downloaded the EE patch. Everything went fine with the download and online activation process, but from there I had a error pop up calling itself "The Witcher Enhanced Edition - Actualization Pack" and underneath said the language pack corresponding to the language version of the game already on your system was not found. Download the relevant language pack. So I tried downloading the english language pack and got another error.. this time it asks me to install the EE patch before the language pack. So I can't install either any ideas?

read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 see the patch installation tips there, do detail what you've tried already and what happenedis that a 64bit Windows? if so you need to run the patch in Windows 95 compatibiliy mode[/QUOTE]Well, that topic doesn't answer this specific problem, as I had checked it already before making the post. I'll try to be more detailed:- I Installed The Witcher from the original DVD- Downloaded the Enhanced Edition Upgrade, aswell as the english language pack, and I have both on the same folder- I ran the TWEE_Upgrade.exe following these steps: Choose Setup Language > Install Shield Wizard (Next) > License Agreement (Yes) > ReadMe (Yes) > Online Activation (Next) > "An´Givare" (I put my username and password and it's ok) > Online Activation (Next) > Select Features (I confirmed all the languages)(next) > Ready to Install (Install) > Installing C:\Program Files\The Witcher\Data\localized.key and it's here the error appears:Feature: Not CensoredComponent:File:Error: Catastrophic Failure

How big is the exe file for your Enhanced Edition?If it is less than 900 MB, then you have a corrupted file, and need to re-dl. That was my problem with this error, in any case.

boronha69 said:
Well, that topic doesn't answer this specific problem, as I had checked it already before making the post. I'll try to be more detailed:
ok, now, like the FAQ said, start the computer in Safe Mode with Networking ( so that you have your internet connection ) and then run the patch and see what happensdid you answer my question regarding your Windows version? 64bit or 32bit?like Slicer77 said, in the FAQ you find instructions to check your files before installing anyway, did you do that ?
boronha69 said:
So I tried downloading the english language pack and got another error.. this time it asks me to install the EE patch before the language pack. So I can't install either any ideas?
both files, TWEE_Upgrade.exe and the language pack must be in the same folder, they must have their original filenames, and then run TWEE_Upgrade

Hi together,well, that seems to be the right thread, I've read some sites of this discussion. I'm honest: I haven't read all 108 sites ::) of it, that is probably a sign, that the programmers didn't have done their job very well...I've installed and registrated The Witcher + Patch 1.3. Original Files with correct Checksum of Patch 1.4 and the german language pack is in the same folder. I rebootet in the safe mode with network supply with non-loaded Kaspersky. Registration Check worked well, installation begun, but it goes off with Feature: NotCensoredComponent:Datei:Beschreibung: Schwerwiegender Fehler.I saw, that there will be a patch 1.5, but it requieres an installed patch 1.4.What I've not done: I didn't deinstalled all DOT Framework versions, and yes, there is a Framework 3.0 with actual SPs (no BETA) installed. If I've to do that, the programmers are really not good for their job and then it's sad, if the patch 1.5 don't remake that bugs. I want to play the EE, but not for every price.Or could there be another workaround?Kind regards,sabine

im trying to update my game to EE version and i get this error:Feature Transfer ErrorFeature: NotCensoredComponent:File:Error: Catastrophic Failurethe funny thing is that this is the third time im reinstalling the game after finishing the game few months back (reinstalling the game to prep for patch 1.5 :p). the first and second time i installed the game everything went smoothly and there were no such problems. i did read the FAQ and tried the methods mentioned but nothing worked. can anyone help please?thanks a lot

sabinegrindgmxde said:
I've installed and registrated The Witcher + Patch 1.3. Original Files with correct Checksum of Patch 1.4 and the german language pack is in the same folder. I rebootet in the safe mode with network supply with non-loaded Kaspersky. Registration Check worked well, installation begun, but it goes off with Feature: NotCensoredComponent:Datei:Beschreibung: Schwerwiegender Fehler.
did you try the unpacker thing?is that Windows 64bit?
sabinegrindgmxde said:
im trying to update my game to EE version and i get this error:Feature Transfer ErrorFeature: NotCensoredComponent:File:Error: Catastrophic Failure
did you try the unpacker thing?is that Windows 64bit?also in Safe Mode ?

LicaonKter said:
did you try the unpacker thing?is that Windows 64bit?also in Safe Mode ?
the first time i tried the unpacking method using universal extractori couldnt find the setup.exe file in the directoryso i searched the internet and finally found how to unpack the file using command lineit's finally working now, but i havent tried to play ithopefully it worksthanks

I am from Croatia and I just bought "The Witcher: Enhanced Edition". When I try to install the game, the setup offers me only three languages: Polish, Czech and Hungarian while the manual, game guide, the map... everything from the box is in English. Since I don't know neother of the three offered languages, can somebody tell me how I can install/play the game in English?

Nayrael said:
I am from Croatia and I just bought "The Witcher: Enhanced Edition". When I try to install the game, the setup offers me only three languages: Polish, Czech and Hungarian while the manual, game guide, the map... everything from the box is in English. Since I don't know neother of the three offered languages, can somebody tell me how I can install/play the game in English?
for the installer program? or in the choices for the languages for the game? make a screenshot

I've been reading posts in the forum for the past few days, but I still can't seem to make the 1.4 patch work. Here's the deal:I've got a registered version (1.0.something) - the UK edition. I followed all the tips and instructions given by the update FAQ, the installer wizard and by users of this forum. The result - I'm stuck with that crappy message:Feature Transfer ErrorFeature: NotCensoredComponent:File:Error: Catastrophic FailurePlease help, I'm desperate! We're talking about a standard Windows XP SP2, a dual core Intel CPU, 2GB+ RAM etc. Furthermore, my OS or my hardware shouldn't matter in this case, right?I'd appreciate any help!

Hi there,I own the standard edition of The Witcher. Today I thought I can try out The Witcher again, I perchased it I believe in 2007. Ok, let's look for some update... Oh there is a patch in version 1.4... 900 MB - Wow that's big. But I believe this patch makes a Enhanced Version of The Witcher, at least this if what understood from some comments.Downloading the 900Mb took me about 2 hours. Starting the installation i was informed to register my game. Ok, nothing simpler than that... After restarting the installation of the patch I was informed, that i need the enhanced laguage pack. Ok, I thought, that probably isn't such a deal. 500MB (for the english pack (currently I have the german version of the game installed)). Sigh, ok I downloaded the english language pack (after all in 2007 I heard that the english voices where much better then the german ones...). After downloading the language pack I started the installation and was informed, that I need the enhanced version of the game... well know I'm a bit at a loss. What do I have to do to get the most recent patched version of whatever version of the game I'm entitled to use?/update:I solved the problem. All things I needed to know are standing in the readme file during installation. Normally I don't read these info. This time it was obviously necessary. I head to download the german enhanced language pack and place it in the same directory as the basic installation file. After that the installation was possible...[MOD]Use the MODIFY button[/MOD]

Ok I have sent an email to atari I have attempted to download this enhanced editon for alomost 6 months form bothe the witcher site(polish) and the atari site english. I am able to save both the twee_upgrade and the twee_english package to my harddrive. But whenever I doubleclick to actually download teh upgrade for 1.4 after verifying that I have a registered game I always get this error. The language pack coresponding to the language version of the game already on your system was not found. Download teh relevant language pack. How do i know what is the relevent lanaguage pack. I have already uninstaled and reinstalled teh game numerous times with the english option beign teh one i pick. I have also saved the Twee_english _language _pack but when i try to download it I get this:please install The Witcher Enhanced edition upgrade before installing %pWhat the heck am i supposed to do please someone help me I have been trying to figure this out for liek 6 months and noone in the witcher forum has given me any answers that work. Please help ASAP thanks.

spoyler said:
I've been reading posts in the forum for the past few days, but I still can't seem to make the 1.4 patch work. Here's the deal:I've got a registered version (1.0.something) - the UK edition. I followed all the tips and instructions given by the update FAQ, the installer wizard and by users of this forum. The result - I'm stuck with that crappy message:Feature Transfer ErrorFeature: NotCensoredComponent:File:Error: Catastrophic FailurePlease help, I'm desperate! We're talking about a standard Windows XP SP2, a dual core Intel CPU, 2GB+ RAM etc. Furthermore, my OS or my hardware shouldn't matter in this case, right?I'd appreciate any help!
do detail what you've tried already ( safe mode with networking, unpacker ? )

Top Bottom