Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
I've oryginal Witcher 1.0, and, after months of fighting with Windows 7 RC, i wonder: Would it be OK if i use illegal patch for Enhanced Edition so i could install it over my Witcher?

I have the exact same problem, please somebody help. I bought the witcher in "the best of Atari" pack which is the 1.0 version. I also already tried to disable my anti virus software and firewall. Then when patching, I get the exact same error. As this is something about "localized.key" and it sais "Not Censored" Im thinking maybe I cant install other languages? I bought this game in Germany, but it's of course the international version. I prefer english audio, so I installed the game in English and also downloaded (only) the English language pack along with the upgrade file. Then when patching I again chose English as a language. This is really annoying as I bought this game and want to play it. Anyone has any ideas? ThanksI just bought the Witcher original in the "best of Atari" edition. It's the standard 1.0 Witcher. Now I want to upgrade to EE but get this error message a few seconds after starting the patch.Feature transfer errorFeature: Not CensoredComponent: File:Error: Schwerwiegender FehlerThe file box at this moment says: "Data\localized.key"I bought this game in Germany, but it is the international version of course. As I prefer English audio, I installed The Witcher in English, downloaded the English language pack and then selected English install again when trying to patch.I already tried disabling Firewall and Anti-Virus, but it didn't work. I also have all the .NET libraries you need.I hope someone knows how to fix this.Thank youEDIT: And when I'm trying to install the patch in "Safe Mode with Networking" (Win XP SP2) I get the "unable to connect to remote server" error when the patch wants to authenticate the installation. But Internet works, I can go to these forums and everything else. The registration of the game also works. Just this check before the patch fails.Ok, the workaround with first unpacking the upgrade.exe worked for me. I was hesitant to do it, because in the FAQ it says: "BEWARE: an *unofficial* alternate route to patch the game", which kinda makes this seem like something you shouldn't do. Yet, it worked like a charm, so maybe change the FAQ so that everybody knows this is a good and legitimate workaround for the problem

fredfn said:
I've oryginal Witcher 1.0, and, after months of fighting with Windows 7 RC, i wonder: Would it be OK if i use illegal patch for Enhanced Edition so i could install it over my Witcher?
no it won'tread the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 ( update to 1.5 and uninstall TAGEs as instructed there )
fredfn said:
I just bought the Witcher original in the "best of Atari" edition. It's the standard 1.0 Witcher. Now I want to upgrade to EE but get this error message a few seconds after starting the patch.Feature transfer errorFeature: Not CensoredComponent: File:Error: Schwerwiegender FehlerThe file box at this moment says: "Data\localized.key"
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 and try the Unpacker trick

i have created a thread that might help people to install the game:http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=25591.0

I purchased the original Witcher not knowing the pain and trouble I could have avoided by getting the enhanced. And during the process of updating to patch 1.4, I am having trouble. I get to the point where a single bar appears saying it's modifying the files and may take up to two hours. Then it simply freezes. The program is not responding it says, and I cannot get past that point. I must reinstall the game everytime to restart and I have attempted this multiple times. I have turned off all other programs including the firewalls, antivirus, etc...Can anyone help me with this?Edit: I have Vista 32bit. (from what i've seen this looks like an amazing game and i really want to play it)[MOD]Don't bump your thread in less than 24 hours[/MOD]

Senyu said:
I purchased the original Witcher not knowing the pain and trouble I could have avoided by getting the enhanced. And during the process of updating to patch 1.4, I am having trouble. I get to the point where a single bar appears saying it's modifying the files and may take up to two hours. Then it simply freezes. The program is not responding it says, and I cannot get past that point. I must reinstall the game everytime to restart and I have attempted this multiple times. I have turned off all other programs including the firewalls, antivirus, etc...
it's normal to just say "Not responding" while the patching process is working, you have a problem only when it says that but you hard drive case lights are not lighteddid you wait at least 30minutes ?

Hi all,I bought the original game soon after it came out and was disappointed in the bug and performance issues. Now I have a new pc and have reinstalled original Witcher. It was not patched. I patched it with the 1.3.0.1198 (i am in U.S. and only want english) and then i found a patch to change it to Enhanced Edition (none of the updates/patches worked at the official website, why is that?). When I try to install it again I get a message that the language pack is not right for the original Witcher I have installed; files missing i guess. I checked off only English when I intially installed the game too. Where is a good place to get all the patches/updates I need for english, U.S. only? Like I said if you go thru the official website or atari nothing comes up when you try to download any files??? I did download an english language update for the enhanced edition but if I try to install that before 1.4 i get a message that I have to install the enhanced edition update before the language patch. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx to all, Jimmy

jimbo63 said:
Hi all,I bought the original game soon after it came out and was disappointed in the bug and performance issues. Now I have a new pc and have reinstalled original Witcher. It was not patched. I patched it with the 1.3.0.1198 (i am in U.S. and only want english) and then i found a patch to change it to Enhanced Edition (none of the updates/patches worked at the official website, why is that?). When I try to install it again I get a message that the language pack is not right for the original Witcher I have installed; files missing i guess. I checked off only English when I intially installed the game too. Where is a good place to get all the patches/updates I need for english, U.S. only? Like I said if you go thru the official website or atari nothing comes up when you try to download any files??? I did download an english language update for the enhanced edition but if I try to install that before 1.4 i get a message that I have to install the enhanced edition update before the language patch. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx to all, Jimmy
The 1.4 patch IS at http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/www/installation_of_twee_in_four_easy_steps.html. If you're getting a blank page when you click on that link, then check out the FAQ about the Enhanced Edition. The FAQ explains how to solve several different problems that people have reported with the 1.4 patch, including having the link seem blank.

Hi I have had the witcher enhanced edition for maybe a year. it worked fine but I had to delete it and then I tried to reinstall the game. I have downloaded the TWEE_upgrade but each time I try to run it it says SetupNew\setup.cpp (138)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) Non IE/Netscape 11.0I have tried to use universal extractor but it doesn't work. Then I tried to install Framework 3 but still it doesn't work So what should I do right now ?

TheBlackCompany said:
Hi I have had the witcher enhanced edition for maybe a year. it worked fine but I had to delete it and then I tried to reinstall the game. I have downloaded the TWEE_upgrade but each time I try to run it it says SetupNew\setup.cpp (138)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) Non IE/Netscape 11.0I have tried to use universal extractor but it doesn't work. Then I tried to install Framework 3 but still it doesn't work So what should I do right now ?
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 did you try in Safe Mode w/ Networking too?do you have IE8 ? can you try with IE7 ? ( no, it does not matter what your default browser is )
TheBlackCompany said:
funny, he gets answered and my post gets deleted.
i've answered you here: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16868.msg5333979#msg5333979you can always see your posts in PROFILE -> Show the last posts of this person

Hello.About a year and a half ago, I bought The Witcher. I haven't played it yet, so I thought to myself that it was about time, since another friend of mine told me it was one of the best games that he had ever played.Though I am a little confused. It looks like there is a lot to download and install, and I'm not sure what I should download.My friend told me something about language packs as well, and I've seen something called D'jinni. So I was hoping you guys could tell me what I need to download to get started with the playing. I assumed I just have version 1.0, though Im not sure.Thanks. :)

On the official site there's a sort of guide or scheme, that tell you what you have to download and how to install. Anyway, first download your language pack (e.g. english, french, german and so on...) then the latest patches (1.4 and 1.5). Double-click on the patch file and wait.Enjoy

Magneman said:
Hello.About a year and a half ago, I bought The Witcher. I haven't played it yet, so I thought to myself that it was about time, since another friend of mine told me it was one of the best games that he had ever played.Though I am a little confused. It looks like there is a lot to download and install, and I'm not sure what I should download.My friend told me something about language packs as well, and I've seen something called D'jinni. So I was hoping you guys could tell me what I need to download to get started with the playing. I assumed I just have version 1.0, though Im not sure.Thanks. :)
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 ( register your game, update your game, uninstall TAGES, play )

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 ( register your game, update your game, uninstall TAGES, play )
What's TAGES? And is that FAQ aimed at US players?I tried to download the patch from thewitcher.com but it doesn't respond, I have tried with both Internet Explorer and Opera. And where do I register my game?Your reply made more questions than answers. I'm from Norway, if it's of any use.

For the last 2 days, I've been trying to figure out how to fix this:SetupNew\setup.cpp (138)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) Non IE/Netscape 11.0Just so you know:1. I have over 100GB on each partition on my computer, so space is not an issue.2. I have tried installing the patch in 'Safe Mode with Networking".3. I have installed .NET 1.1, 2.0, 2.0SP2 and 3.0. Must I remove SP2 and install SP1? I don't really think there should be a problem, though.4. The patch files have always been in the same folder and are also in their original names.I have also tried the 'unofficial' routes to patch my game. I assumed that the command line spoken of needs to be done in DOS, so I tried to patch it through DOS, but to no avail. Yes, I know how to use DOS. I also tried to using Universal Extractor, but it still results in the same problem.No matter what I do, I wind up with the same error. What is going on here? I really don't know what to do. Two days is way too much effort to try and get a game to work.Someone please help me, I really want to try the Enhanced Edition Patch.If there's any information you need to know about my computer, or anything at all for that matter, please let me know./LE:Just so you know, my file size is also correct, for both TWEE_Upgrade.exe, as well as the language pack. I've also checked the hash sums, and they are correct.I'm still confused as to what I should do. Oh man, someone please help me! :'([MOD]Use the MODIFY button[/MOD]

Magneman said:
What's TAGES? And is that FAQ aimed at US players?I tried to download the patch from thewitcher.com but it doesn't respond, I have tried with both Internet Explorer and Opera. And where do I register my game?Your reply made more questions than answers. I'm from Norway, if it's of any use.
TAGES is the copy protection scheme of the game, the FAQ is universal, try to use a mirror for the patch ( read the FAQ on how to check your files after download ), run REGISTER.EXE from your Witcher folder :beer:
Magneman said:
For the last 2 days, I've been trying to figure out how to fix this:
if you have IE8 try to uninstall it and install IE7 ( some users complained about problems with IE8 ), and reinstall IE8 after the patches installyou just started a command terminal ( START -> RUN -> CMD ) and not booted into DOS, right ? :D

Top Bottom