Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
i think i might have succeeded. didnt realise you had to save files first, and then run. thanx for everyons help.

Alright just to give you an update, It's still not working. I haven't given up yet though. I'm getting an ATI error everytime i start up my computer, so i'm thinking there's something wrong with my drivers. I'll have to give that DriverSweeper another try. Also, I haven't been able to do this from the FAQ: "Tip0: Be sure to install the game as Administrator: right click on SETUP.EXE from the DVD and choose Run as Administrator, also do the same for TWEE_upgrade.exe and for TheWitcherPatch.1.5.exe too"I bought the game on Steam so i'm unaware of any way to install the game other than what it automatically does for me.

trux51 said:
I need help. I am using windows 7. I installed the witcher. I download the 1.4 patch. It says i it can not find the language pack corresponding to the language version of the game already on the system. So i try to install the language pack and it says i need to update first. What is wrong? How do i fix it?
put the lasguage pack in the same folder as TWEE_Upgrade.exe, be sure they have their original name toothen run TWEE_Upgrade
trux51 said:
My trouble with the patch it is that it stops telling me not censored version.
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 there are some tips there
trux51 said:
So, hello to everyone, this is my first post. I already played The Witcher a long time ago, but my PC got formated (just hope this is the right word, english is not my first language, my apologies!) and I just thought it would be fun to play it again.
if you installed the game in English you need the English language pack, if in German, the German one etcput TWEE_upgrade.exe and the wanted language pack in the same folder and with their original file namesrun TWEE_Upgrade.exedon't run the game, read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 on how to update to patch 1.5 and on how to remove TAGESon Windows 7 please install all patches as Admin

Hello,I am running a Window XP Desktop. I have a situation where I need to reinstall all of Witcher and the Enhanced 1.4. Here is what I have done. I have already done a "clean" install of Witcher English version 1.0xxxx and it installs perfectly each time. I have downloaded and checksumed the "Enhanced" files, being sure to place all of them in same folder. I have uninstalled alll virus checkers and all spy removal software. I reboot to "Safe Mode wth Networking." I attempt to install the 1.4 update. I repeatedly get the same error message at the very start of the install. It is:
[size=12pt] Feature Transfer Error Feature: CensoredComponent: File: Error: Catastrophic Failure[/size]
I could use a list of known items within XP, 32 bit, SP3 operating systems that block this install. The only remaining item I can pick up, in a somewhat cryptic post about it, is the Microsoft .NET Framework may be at fault if one is over the 3.0 version. My machine currently has Framework 3.5 SP1 on it. It would be nice to confirm this to be the issue. Uninstalling and reinstalling all NET Framework is a bit of work.Thank You!P.S. Now I think I misread the Framework information. It seems NET.Framework is instead required and I read nothing saying a higher version is an issue.

Mikel said:
Look here and try an "unofficial patching metod".
Unfortunately.... I do not find the instructions of ....
[size=12pt][/size]1. Extracte TWEE_Upgrade.exe using this command line: TWEE_Upgrade /extract_all:D:\TWEE_Upgrade or i]TheWitcherPatch.1.5.exe /extract_all:D:\TheWitcherPatch1.5[/I] ( it will extract the files to this folder: D:\TWEE_Upgrade) or if it's not unpacking then use the Universal Extractor, get it from: http://legroom.net/software/uniextract 2. Put the wanted language packs and adventures ( for patch 1.4 ) in the new folder that the unpacking process created, so that SETUP.EXE and the patch packs are in the same folder.3. Run SETUP.EXE.
.... to be expressed with the clarity needed to attempt to follow them.

Manumiter said:
Unfortunately.... I do not find the instructions of ........ to be expressed with the clarity needed to attempt to follow them.
0. Put TWEE_Upgrade.exe in c:\patch\ ( you need about 4gb free space on the C:\ anyway to patch )1. go to START -> RUN -> write: cmd and press Enter2. run in the terminal that has appeared: cd c:\patch3. then run: TWEE_Upgrade /extract_all:C:\TWEE_Upgrade ( it will extract the files to this folder: c:\TWEE_Upgrade) it will take a while and you winn not have a visual indicator of what happens, after it's done the C:\TWEE_upgrade folder should have around 900Mb worth of files4. Put the wanted language packs and adventures ( for patch 1.4 ) in the new folder that the unpacking process created, so that SETUP.EXE and the patch packs are in the same folder.5. Run SETUP.EXE.any better ?

I've enjoyed playing The Witcher (EE) on my Laptop (Toshiba A300 16i) (though not on full settings). Now I just upgraded my PC so it can run The Witcher to its fullest. There's only one problem; my disc drive doesn't read the disc. There are no NOCD-cracks, so I decided to upgrade to 1.5 where a disc isn't needed any more. Only, to get to 1.5, I have to have 1.4 (the EE). This wasnt a problem on my laptop so I tried. It takes a while, as said, but it eventually worked. So, it asked me to restart my PC after installing 1.4, so I did. Next thing, I tried starting up the launch, it said something like 'bfg' and the Witcher launcher was gone from my directory. this is the same as a faulty installation, I know. But I did everything right (just the way I did things on my Laptop).The only real differance is that my PC runs XP, laptop does Vista. This shouldn't be a problem, right?Should I install like, 1.2 or 1.3 before booting 1.4? I have the normal European (Multi5) version... any advice?(if I should make some more things clear tell me)specs of my PC:AMD Athlon 64 X2 5900+ (2,9GHz)ATi Radeon 4670 (MSI) 1GB DDR32GB RAM @ 800MHz(Oh, and uhm... I don't have any free space on C:/ (only like, 400MB), that might be an issue... but the game doesn't have to be on C... right? please tell me I don't have to format my entire HDD? (300Gigs of data, 100Gigs free space, just not on C-drive)

Felixer said:
Should I install like, 1.2 or 1.3 before booting 1.4? I have the normal European (Multi5) version... any advice?(Oh, and uhm... I don't have any free space on C:/ (only like, 400MB), that might be an issue... but the game doesn't have to be on C... right? please tell me I don't have to format my entire HDD? (300Gigs of data, 100Gigs free space, just not on C-drive)
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 on how to update your game and to remove TAGESthe patcher needs, as far as i can see, some ~1GB of free space in the TEMP and TMP folder, try to move that to another partition that has more free space ( http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_change_the_location_of_windows_temporary_files.html ) and rebootalso be sure to have ~4GB of free space on the game partitionif that does not help you need to make more free space on the C:\ partition

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
Unfortunately.... I do not find the instructions of ........ to be expressed with the clarity needed to attempt to follow them.
0. Put TWEE_Upgrade.exe in c:\patch\ ( you need about 4gb free space on the C:\ anyway to patch )1. go to START -> RUN -> write: cmd and press Enter2. run in the terminal that has appeared: cd c:\patch3. then run: TWEE_Upgrade /extract_all:C:\TWEE_Upgrade ( it will extract the files to this folder: c:\TWEE_Upgrade) it will take a while and you winn not have a visual indicator of what happens, after it's done the C:\TWEE_upgrade folder should have around 900Mb worth of files4. Put the wanted language packs and adventures ( for patch 1.4 ) in the new folder that the unpacking process created, so that SETUP.EXE and the patch packs are in the same folder.5. Run SETUP.EXE.any better ?
Yes, unpacking the the file manually like that worked.... i'm back up and running 1.4 with the extra adventures...... Thank You

Also, it seems that the registration check in the TWEE update cannot handle passwords with non-alphanumeric characters in it.I had a password with an '&' -- fails to log inChanged password to replace the '&' with a '+' -- fails to log inChanged password to replace the '+' with an 'a' -- logs in just fine.Someone out there needs to learn how to code... ):

Hey, my problem is the following; I bought the game like a year or 2 ago, registered my copy, played it, uninstalled it and now I reinstalled it an try to update the game.Unfortunately, every time I try to patch to version 1.4, the patch asks me to register.It sais; "Please register The Witcher before installing The Witcher Enhanced Edition - Actualisation Pack."Naturally I can't register 2x with the same code, so, you understand my problem.I understand that the patch looks at certain files in the game registry to determine wether or not you have a registered copy. Likely those files have been deleted along with al the rest when I uninstalled my game around a year ago.I already looked through the forum and tried that "unofficial" way of installing the patch, but still the problem persists.Every help will be appreciatedThx in advance ;)PS, at the moment I have version 1.3 (I saved the 1.3 patch when it came out :)

Ok, my registration problem is now solved.It took me forever to install the patch though; it always freesed while modyfying the files.But for some reason, after the 5th time, it worked (perhaps because I turned off AVG, my internet connection and my firewall)??Finally I can play version 1.5 ^^

Okay so today I'm trying to upgrade to TWEE patch 1.4 and everytime I try to install it, it says "The language pack corresponding to the language version of the game already on your system was not found. Download the relevant language pack." I don't get it, I selected English on the Regular Witcher and I selected English on this one too. Please help me, I'm really confused. :mad:

Yeah, I got the same thing. I finally gave up as I have the enhanced Version installed on the other Desktop ( wouldn't install on this one as I kept getting " Data Error ( cyclic Redundancy check)". Used the original version, but couldn't get through the 1.4 patch, so 1.5 was a no go anyway. This rig is a bit bigger than the other one. This is a Gateway FX6800-01e running an Intel Core i7 920, with 6 Gb of Crucial Ballistix 1600Mhz memory and an ati HD4850 Video card. It is also running DX11 ( got upgraded from DX10 sometime after I got the rig in December ). The other desktop is the one in my signature.

TrissMerigold72 said:
Okay so today I'm trying to upgrade to TWEE patch 1.4 and everytime I try to install it, it says "The language pack corresponding to the language version of the game already on your system was not found. Download the relevant language pack." I don't get it, I selected English on the Regular Witcher and I selected English on this one too. Please help me, I'm really confused. :mad:
read the Update FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/www/ee_update_faq.html ( both files, same folder, original filenames ;) )
TrissMerigold72 said:
Yeah, I got the same thing. I finally gave up as I have the enhanced Version installed on the other Desktop ( wouldn't install on this one as I kept getting " Data Error ( cyclic Redundancy check)". Used the original version, but couldn't get through the 1.4 patch, so 1.5 was a no go anyway. This rig is a bit bigger than the other one. This is a Gateway FX6800-01e running an Intel Core i7 920, with 6 Gb of Crucial Ballistix 1600Mhz memory and an ati HD4850 Video card. It is also running DX11 ( got upgraded from DX10 sometime after I got the rig in December ). The other desktop is the one in my signature.
about the Enhanced Edition: it's a DVD drive issue, try with another drive ( as you did ) or try to update the DVD drive firmware tooanyway you can just copy the installed game from the other machine and it will work ;)

I'm from Brazil. I buyed the original version and updated to Enhanced and to 1.5 (in windowed mode it shows 1.4.5.1304 version).But I want to know if I have to update to director's cut or if i already have the european uncensored version? There's a way to discover this withou playing the game until a censored part?The version I buyed had the choice to install the game in 5 languages. The american have 5 languages choice too?I updated in this way:1)TWEE and English language pack;2)1.5 patch downloaded from here.But I also downloaded from Atari's website the 1.5 director's cut, but not installed because I don't know if I have the american or european.

Hi :DIt depends on where you bought the game. Did you buy it from ebay\amazon ect..., a store or downloaded from the web? If you install patch 1.5, and have the european version, nothing more will happen to the game, since the censored version was not applied here in Europe. If you have the american version, just patch it and you'll enjoy the game in his entireness (without censorship).

But the problem is: I don`t known which version I have. I buyed from a local store. The american version has 5 languages or is just english?

Top Bottom