Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
Hello, I have the first released version of the game and i wish to upgrade it with the enhanced editon.
The problem is that after a succesfully download of patch 1.4 and language pack from this site, (both in the same folder), when i run the patch 1.4 an error says that the program is unable to find the language pack.

Yesterday after many times it worked but when the patching beginned manager task system told me that the program wasn't responding. When I tried again this morning i wasn't even able to reach this point, because it couldn't finde the language pack (which was in the same folder of the patch...)

What could I do?

bobbie91 said:
Hello, I have the first released version of the game and i wish to upgrade it with the enhanced editon.
The problem is that after a succesfully download of patch 1.4 and language pack from this site, (both in the same folder), when i run the patch 1.4 an error says that the program is unable to find the language pack.

Yesterday after many times it worked but when the patching beginned manager task system told me that the program wasn't responding. When I tried again this morning i wasn't even able to reach this point, because it couldn't finde the language pack (which was in the same folder of the patch...)

What could I do?
If downloading the backup copy from GOG isn`t an option
http://www.gog.com/witcher/backup

Then you may try this workaround

Patching Errors with the Enhanced Edition Patch and Workaround

Sometimes while patching you may encounter a Critical Error when installing the Enhanced Edition patch and for most this error is usually solved by doing the following . First you will need to download and install the Universal Extractor . Once installed then go to where you have the 1.4 patch and right click and select UniExtract to Subdir . The UniExtractor may appear to be stuck or hung just be patient and it will eventually extract the 1.4 patch to the sub directory folder once that is done then open to expose the file list and then copy and paste the language pack into this list of files . Then run setup or setup exe as administrator

I'm trying to download the backup copy, if it doesn't work I will try the workaround you suggested.

If both won't help I will contact you again. Thanks for now

So I bought the Witcher Enhanced Edition DVD-ROM that is for PC/MAC, got a DVD reader/writer for my Macbook Pro w/Retina display

Was able to install the game but upon loading it's simply a black screen with a mouse cursor....Waited a good 20 minutes for any change and nothing. Any reason why this is happening?

My drivers are up to date and I'm using OS 10.9 (Mavericks)

Any help would be appreciated!

Ekojin said:
So I bought the Witcher Enhanced Edition DVD-ROM that is for PC/MAC, got a DVD reader/writer for my Macbook Pro w/Retina display

Was able to install the game but upon loading it's simply a black screen with a mouse cursor....Waited a good 20 minutes for any change and nothing. Any reason why this is happening?

My drivers are up to date and I'm using OS 10.9 (Mavericks)

Any help would be appreciated!

What are your system specs ? I wasn`t aware the the DVD came for installation for both systems . If you have no downloading issues (Caps) then you can claim the backup copy from GOG for MAC specifically . http://www.gog.com/witcher/backup .

Have you tried the equivalent of the Esc key to bypass the logo and starting video .

Tommy said:
What are your system specs ? I wasn`t aware the the DVD came for installation for both systems . If you have no downloading issues (Caps) then you can claim the backup copy from GOG for MAC specifically . http://www.gog.com/witcher/backup .

Have you tried the equivalent of the Esc key to bypass the logo and starting video .

I tried the ESC key..here's the specs:

Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

Software OS X 10.9.1 (13B42)

Ekojin said:
The other thing is that this version only came with the cd..no product key.... =X
Were there any manuals ? The cd-key is usually inside the front cover of the game manual .

Ekojin said:
No manual just a flimsy box and a cd inside a paper cd holder....*sigh*
I know little about MAC`s but you may find something in ye old thread .
http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/32805-tw1ee-on-mac-disc-version-black-screen-cursor-at-startup-cant-run/

Hi all,
I want to install and patch my dvd The Witcher copy and after I read that downloading patches through official site instead of using the launcher is needed, I've tried to download the 1.4 from your official site. My problem is that, after a random time during the download of the TWEE_Upgrade.exe download terminates as if the file is succesfully download after only 100mb or such of download.

I have Windows 7 and I use Google Chrome browser (but IE had the same behaviour)
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for you answer ^^

Hi all,
I want to install and patch my dvd The Witcher copy and after I read that downloading patches through official site instead of using the launcher is needed, I've tried to download the 1.4 from your official site. My problem is that, after a random time during the download of the TWEE_Upgrade.exe download terminates as if the file is succesfully download after only 100mb or such of download.

I have Windows 7 and I use Google Chrome browser (but IE had the same behaviour)
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for you answer ^^

Might try setting your internet time . For Vista and later click start>control panel>Date and Time . Make sure you have the correct Time Zone then click Internet time and then tick the change settings box then in the dialog box ensure that Synchronize with an Internet time server box is checked then select a server . I use tme.windows.com but you can use any then click update now . Then retry the download .

Might try setting your internet time . For Vista and later click start>control panel>Date and Time . Make sure you have the correct Time Zone then click Internet time and then tick the change settings box then in the dialog box ensure that Synchronize with an Internet time server box is checked then select a server . I use tme.windows.com but you can use any then click update now . Then retry the download .

Hi, and thank you for your fast answer!
I tried updating my SO date and time but unfortunately the problem remains.
I tried disabling my antivirus too.

It's probably a problem with my system or my network.
Isn't there an alternative link where I can try to download the patch?

I try to have It downloaded by a friend if I can ^^
Thanks in any case.

The link on this website for the 1.4 patch is the only one I know of that doesn`t require registration . The 1.5 you can find in several places and are ok to use . Do you have ample free space on your hard drive . Another thing you may try is using a download manager . Also if you`re using any sort of speed booster try disabling it .

The link on this website for the 1.4 patch is the only one I know of that doesn`t require registration . The 1.5 you can find in several places and are ok to use . Do you have ample free space on your hard drive . Another thing you may try is using a download manager . Also if you`re using any sort of speed booster try disabling it .

I managed to download the 1.4 patch file using a download manager!
Thank you very much for your help! ^^

Top Bottom