Enhanced Edition language packs problems

+
foghorn said:
Patch 1.4 said something about having to download language pack(s). Where do I find them?
on the main patch download page: http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/www/installation_of_twee_in_four_easy_steps.html ( use the right and left scroll arrows on the icons ) ;)

I've had to reinstall The Witcher. I've applied all the patches in order, including the latest one. However no there are no voiceovers. I did download the English version voiceovers and they appeared to install, but when starting the game or playing the intro movie, the subtitles show, but the narrator's voice isn't there. The music and sound affects all seem to work fine.

Would a car manufactorer ever build a car where you have to switch the head-lights on before you start the engine, write it on a sticker in the car and wonder that people are too silly to do it?Would a software company -have a online registration stating you are registered, use an undocumented program to transfer it to the game, still ask for the registration status again when patching?-write an 1.4 patcher (without 1.4 in its filename) which says "patch language first" and then a language installer which says "patch edition first before patching %p" -write an 1.5 patcher (which does end "successfully" with the game showing version 1.4.5.1304 in the window and 1.5.0.1304 in the browser after hitting "check for updates"-write patcher with absolutely unspecific error messages (why does a patch not detect the version it just had created?) which are too silly to do download themself-release a game where you have to download several files - all individually executable - arrange them in the same directory and start the right one?-giving none-orthogonal names to the updates (some missing the version number 1.4) and prohibiting the customer to change this-start an 2h upgrade process and giving you a warning not to interrupt it *after* it is too late to choose a better time?-allowing this drama to continue over years giving good forum help but not changing this to the better. -have forum topics and download page text written partly in polish language for international customers.-use a forum which does not show the last line stable in the browser textbox (IE8) but scrolls one line up after each hit character...Yes it would!I actually bought a special edition of this game for some money and spent more time patching than playing the game so far.This Programm has nothing which rectifies the name "installer", it's a patch collection requiring heavy patch managment by the user.You could change all of this today and finish this 13 pages thread, but you will not. And why is this? Probably because you are ignorant to ease of use issues and have no quality checking division which is the basic reason for this drama.

Look in your C:\Program Files\The Witcher Enhanced Edition\Data folder (if you have XP. If you have Vista, it'll be slightly different). Do you have a file called voices_3_00.bif? That's the one that contains the English voices. If you don't have that, you need it! And if you do have that, are you sure English is set as your vocal language? If you open the game in Djinni and look at the menus up top, one of them will let you check which language you want.If you do have voices_3_00.bif and English IS checked when you open Djinni, it's possible your voices_3_00.bif got corrupted somehow; PM me and I'll arrange for you to download that file.

I am using Vista Ultimate x64, but I did find the file voice_3_00.bif. I am completely unfamiliar with the djinni editor, just opening the editor not sure if it is showing actual game data or not. There was an option to mute that was checked, so I unchecked that. Under View->Vocal Language it was empty. Not sure if that was what you were referring to, but I'm not sure how to open the game files using the editor. It seems to only point to modules that have been created.

Shadowhunter51 said:
Would a car manufactorer ever build a car where you have to switch the head-lights on before you start the engine, write it on a sticker in the car and wonder that people are too silly to do it?I actually bought a special edition of this game for some money and spent more time patching than playing the game so far.This Programm has nothing which rectifies the name "installer", it's a patch collection requiring heavy patch managment by the user.You could change all of this today and finish this 13 pages thread, but you will not. And why is this? Probably because you are ignorant to ease of use issues and have no quality checking division which is the basic reason for this drama.
so...what is your problem exactly ? :evil:

Furin said:
I am using Vista Ultimate x64, but I did find the file voice_3_00.bif. I am completely unfamiliar with the djinni editor, just opening the editor not sure if it is showing actual game data or not. There was an option to mute that was checked, so I unchecked that. Under View->Vocal Language it was empty. Not sure if that was what you were referring to, but I'm not sure how to open the game files using the editor. It seems to only point to modules that have been created.
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 and see the language tips there, see if you have the registry keys mentioned there

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 and see the language tips there, see if you have the registry keys mentioned there
The only entry in that FAQ that I found was referring to not having subtitles or menu text.Q: I have no subtitels and/or no menutext, what can i do?A: You would experience this when you have missing registry keys, a reinstall will create them or copy this in a file named thewitcher.reg and import it in Regedit and set up your voiceover and subtiles in game after:Code:Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CD Projekt Red][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CD Projekt Red\The Witcher]"InstallFolder"="C:\\Program Files\\The Witcher""Language"="3"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CD Projekt Red\The Witcher\1.00.0000]This is not my issue. I DO have subtitles and menu text however I DO NOT have spoken voiceovers in the game. Also I am confused as to why my original post was merged into this thread where it will not receive much attention instead of having been left in it's original form in the in-game tech forums. This is inefficient and hides my problem in with others.

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
My issue has been resolved. For anyone else who may be having the same/similar type issue, here's what I did:
  • First, completely uninstalled the game (again)Installed just the original game and tested for voiceovers, all okInstalled patch 1.2, tested for voiceovers, all ok.Re-Downloaded the US English Language pack for the Enhanced EditionInnstalled the Enhanced Edition, checked for voiceovers, all okInstalled patch 1.5, checked for voiceovers, all is now ok.
Not sure what part originally started causing the problems since my game used to work just fine until I started messing with the latest updates, hence the step-by-step re-installation and checking at each stage. Hope this helps anyone else that may have the same issue. Since I originally purchased the game as a digital download, and only had the original game and Patch 1.2 burned to disc in case of a need to reinstall, I am now going to burn the enhanced edition downloads and latest patch since I know what I now have is working. I'd recommend the same to anyone else who purchased via digital download. Too many times files can get corrupted when they are downloading.

Furin said:
This is not my issue. I DO have subtitles and menu text however I DO NOT have spoken voiceovers in the game. Also I am confused as to why my original post was merged into this thread where it will not receive much attention instead of having been left in it's original form in the in-game tech forums. This is inefficient and hides my problem in with others.
registry key issues can cause missing language information which can lead to missing voices...maybe...all the posts get the same level of attention, either in a small thread or in a big one :beer:

I was having the problem of going around in circles with the EE patch and the language pack. That is until I read the FAQ... I am running a 64bit version of the windows 7 RC and all I did was run the EE patch installer in compatibility mode and there we go! problem solved!

I found that when he EE patch came out, everyone was getting really comlex in its installation t the ont I thought i needd to treat it like a Microsoft patch and save to a folder and open it up to launch it, etc. I went over and over this like many others and then realized all i had to do was load my DVD and the words Update is available was flashing and I needed to simply click on it and follow the simple instructions from there! Here i was going to the POlish site and downloading from servers and saving to the Witcher folders and hoping to God I saved it in right folder and then opening the file and wondering why it wasnt working....I had to keep deleting after a long download and then re-install my original game 2x I was like what the hell?! Then I realized what I had been doing was overkill and saw many others also doing it, so i posted on it for noobs like myself. Finally, I have a nice Creative audio card in my PC and no matter what i did, i couldnt get the EE to launch even after figuring out how to download the patch the right way! I read a posting on the EAX patch and i tried it and voila! the game finally launched! I was so happy....I dont see anything wrong with wanting to offer more features and adventures and the ability to create some of your own mods to customers for FREE (i dont know how yet but will eventualluy experiment). All software has bugs and glitches. In fact anything that human hands touch first, has errors and imperfections...the fact that there is a great forum and moderators/peers to assist and you get these new adventures and features free...again and again...thats a value indeed! Bill Gates/Microsoft founder, would be charging you for ea new version, how do you think he became a Billionaire...his charities alone provided tax write-offs and now have become an alternative career in his retirement. Yes, he is a generus man to the needy but not to his customers and of course...did I say Tax Write-Off? Thats what the very wealthy do... ;)[mod]no colors please :) [/mod]

I'm new to the world of The Witcher, just got the game the other week & now that my new Dell Laptop is here I get to play it. I knew I had to download patch 1.4 first of all which I did, I then downloaded the english language pack & thats where I'm stuck now. I am pretty much green when it comes to moving files etc so my problem is that I have no idea how to put the language pack into a single directory as has been mentioned. I have the pack & when I click it there is no program to open it with thus it gives me a list of programs on my computer. Could someone take me through the process step by step, would be much appriciated.Lastly I take it the language pack has to be ready or installed before I can install v1.4?

Spikeout said:
I'm new to the world of The Witcher, just got the game the other week & now that my new Dell Laptop is here I get to play it. I knew I had to download patch 1.4 first of all which I did, I then downloaded the english language pack & thats where I'm stuck now. I am pretty much green when it comes to moving files etc so my problem is that I have no idea how to put the language pack into a single directory as has been mentioned. I have the pack & when I click it there is no program to open it with thus it gives me a list of programs on my computer. Could someone take me through the process step by step, would be much appriciated.Lastly I take it the language pack has to be ready or installed before I can install v1.4?
you save, with their original file names, both TWEE_upgrade.exe and a language pack to the same folder ( so that both files are in the same folder )then you run TWEE_Upgrade ( it will install the language pack by it self )

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
you save, with their original file names, both TWEE_upgrade.exe and a language pack to the same folder ( so that both files are in the same folder )then you run TWEE_Upgrade ( it will install the language pack by it self )
I put the language pack & the upgrade in the same folder & its still coming up the same message. Is there any specific name for the folder or does the language pack have to be somehow placed in the upgrade application? Thanks for the reply Licaon

Spikeout said:
I put the language pack & the upgrade in the same folder & its still coming up the same message. Is there any specific name for the folder or does the language pack have to be somehow placed in the upgrade application? Thanks for the reply Licaon
screenshot with the files in the folder?did you check the files first as the FAQ says?

I basically created a folder called 1.4 & Language Pack, this is exactly what the two files in it say:TWEE_UpgradeSetup.exeMacrovision CorporationTWEE_English_language_packFile457MBWasn't sure how to take a screenshot so hope that helps a bit, sorry for trouble.

Top Bottom