Enhanced Edition language packs problems

+
In the Witcher upgrade page,it´s recommended to use a download manager,but I try it with the Get Right and didn´t work.It is said that the server don´t accept reboot.Another problem:my game is OBVIOUS UK,but the TWEE_Update demands that I install the American English Pack.What can I do?My game will become American and so CENSORED? :-\

So here is an assuming little situation I have gotten myself into while downloading EE for free since I pick up The Witcher a while ago. I downloaded EE with no problems, but while it is installing after it checks and confirms that my version of the Witcher is legit I get this message:The language pack corresponding to the language version of the game already on your system was not found. Download the relevant language pack.So I downloaded the language pack, but while it was being installed I got this message:please install The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Upgrade before installing %p.And there is the catch 22. To install EE I need the language pack but to install the language pack I need to install EE. What the hell kind of logic paradox is this? I should also point out that I downloaded both off of the official Witcher site using the forum here setup so I can do this.

Did you change the names at all? Are they in the same folder? Names can not cahnge and they have to be in the same location. Just a thought! Good luck with your dilema.

Perhaps I'm reading this incorrectly, but when you say you went to install the language pack, do you mean you launched the language pack itself, or you tried re-running the game install and then got the error?When I installed TWEE patch, I noticed the TWEE install launches the language pack installer by itself (so long that it has the same name and is in the same directory, as gfong correctly pointed out). If you haven't already done so, try installing again using just the TWEE installer but with all update files in the same directory with their original names. Don't try to run the language pack directly, just run the game installer and let it find the language pack on its own.Apologies if I've misread and you have tried re-running the game installer on its own.Good luck, and let us know either way how you go :)edit: I'm sure someone will come by and link you to this page if I don't, so I may as well do it since I'm here anyway :D ;) The most uniform way of getting help via these forums is to read Getting tech help on the forum and attach the PCWizard report as instructed. If your problem persists, have a read of the link and follow the instructions :)

I'm having the same problem. All the files are in the same folder (the folder where all my "Witcher" files are). I haven't renamed anything. I downloaded both TWEE and the language pack, and tried to run the TWEE installer, and that's when I got the error message. I tried to open the language pack afterwards (which is what I'm assuming the OP was doing as well), and I got the error message about installing TWEE first. This is driving me nuts.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up for me Madazhel - sorry to hear you're having problems, though! Apologies if I gave dud advice in relation to your problem, lord pickle. I'm just having a quick search of the forum now in my lunch break to see if I can turn up anything useful, and I'll report back if I find something.edit: while I'm looking, I'm idly wondering whether the failed initial install might have left a bit of garbage in the Windows, so that now trying to re-execute the install it encounters some dud entries and aborts a second time? If you're really keen, perhaps try uninstalling and reinstalling the game (assuming it's already installed, or at least installed enough to make an entry in Add/Remove Programs)? Still searching, though, I may find something more targeted and useful than mere idle wonderings.edit: ok, I had a bit of a search around the tech forums. There's quite a few mentions of the problem, and most people crediting the following post or methodology with fixing the problem. You may or may not have already tried this (from reading your posts it sounds as though you have), but I'm putting this here for completeness, especially considering I said I would :)Theronyll's post
Theronyll said:
"unable to find the corresponding language version of the game already on your system"This is an error not only I experienced, I am sure. It took me a while to find out what the problem was but after some digging I found out. I have hereby decided that I'm gonna make it easier for the other people still searching for the solution of this issue.
  • Download your Language Pack
  • Download the Enhanced Edition Patch
  • IMPORTANT: Put both downloads in the SAME folder
  • Run the Enhanced Edition Patch
The error shall no longer occur.I hope I have been of help to some of you who are so anxious to (re)play this game in an enhanced version!Kind regards,Vince
lord pickle, madazhel: would you like to take a few moments to clarify and confirm you've followed the above steps? Also, maybe try posting here the directory structure you're using (where you're downloading the files to, where you're running them from, where The Witcher is installed to, that sort of thing) and the precise steps you take when running the updates? I'm working on the assumption that more info is better :)

I ran into the exact same problem, I'm running vista 32 bit btw, after I moved both files to a different folder after d/ling it it insalled without a hitch, try that

Hello guys.Can someone tell me how to install the ee pack. I download it, then try to instal. I have entered cd key, register the game, ect. ect. And than it say that i dont have the right language. (my game is polish or czech). So i download the english language pack. The only one i found was TWEE English language pack. But when i try to install it, it says that i must have he TWEE upgrade. But the upragde cant install, because of the language. : )Please someone help me.thanks. Hope to find answer fast : )no, really thanks : )

katorz said:
Hello guys.Can someone tell me how to install the ee pack. I download it, then try to instal. I have entered cd key, register the game, ect. ect. And than it say that i dont have the right language. (my game is polish or czech). So i download the english language pack. The only one i found was TWEE English language pack. But when i try to install it, it says that i must have he TWEE upgrade. But the upragde cant install, because of the language. : )Please someone help me.thanks. Hope to find answer fast : )no, really thanks : )
you need the language pack in the exact language that the game is installed( so polish or czech ), at leastif you want others, get others toosee: http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/www/ee_update_faq.html

Theronyll said:
"unable to find the corresponding language version of the game already on your system"This is an error not only I experienced, I am sure. It took me a while to find out what the problem was but after some digging I found out. I have hereby decided that I'm gonna make it easier for the other people still searching for the solution of this issue.
  • Download your Language Pack
  • Download the Enhanced Edition Patch
  • IMPORTANT: Put both downloads in the SAME folder
  • Run the Enhanced Edition Patch
The error shall no longer occur.I hope I have been of help to some of you who are so anxious to (re)play this game in an enhanced version!Kind regards,Vince
This is the solution everyone keeps recommending, but both files were in the same folder to begin with, so that's not the problem.

Hi, my friend is Polish and his parents bought him The Witcher from europe and sent it to him here in the states. It does not work on his computer and so is stuck in his house.If I were to install it on my computer in Polish and then try to patch it to english using the enhanced language edition patch, would this work?

Feel free to move this subject if it's not the right place, or direct me to another thread if this has been discussed already. In this time of craziness, it's hard to find the info you want among all the topics.I installed the original game in french. I patched it, and installed the french updated voice pack, with the two new adventures. Everything is cool and the game rocks hard.Now I want to install the english voices. How do I do? Would I have to rerun the patch file again and select this time only install the english language?Do I just run the .exe of the English pack?Thanks;

bearju1ce said:
Hi, my friend is Polish and his parents bought him The Witcher from europe and sent it to him here in the states. It does not work on his computer and so is stuck in his house.If I were to install it on my computer in Polish and then try to patch it to english using the enhanced language edition patch, would this work?
install polish, patch polish, install english pack

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
install polish, patch polish, install english pack
ty for the help :)

Fenrisulfr said:
Feel free to move this subject if it's not the right place, or direct me to another thread if this has been discussed already. In this time of craziness, it's hard to find the info you want among all the topics.I installed the original game in french. I patched it, and installed the french updated voice pack, with the two new adventures. Everything is cool and the game rocks hard.Now I want to install the english voices. How do I do? Would I have to rerun the patch file again and select this time only install the english language?Do I just run the .exe of the English pack?Thanks;
just the english language pack

Thanks.It was such a pain to install the patch, I don't want to screw the whole thing up. So once I run the .exe of the english voice pack, how will I be able to select between french and english? I'm asking because I didn.T see any language selection option in the game menu.

Fenrisulfr said:
Thanks.It was such a pain to install the patch, I don't want to screw the whole thing up. So once I run the .exe of the english voice pack, how will I be able to select between french and english? I'm asking because I didn.T see any language selection option in the game menu.
once you have multiple voice packs installed you can change between them

Hey guys just registered my old copy of TW, and I wanted to get the new extended version up and running. I downloaded the US language packet, but I dont know whereto put it so 1.4 acknowledges it. Did I get the right file and if so where do I place this so the patch reads these language files.Thanks.

Hi all,first I'd like to say that I haven't stumbled over a problem with EE so far.I just wonder, after the prologue there's a story telling with new scenes and picture (Geralt riding a horse) where it says ....... Geralt went south to Vizima.Should there also be sound like in the beginning video? I have only a text to read without sound. Was that intended?THank you and sorry for my english.

DeviLDoN said:
Hi all,first I'd like to say that I haven't stumbled over a problem with EE so far.I just wonder, after the prologue there's a story telling with new scenes and picture (Geralt riding a horse) where it says ....... Geralt went south to Vizima.Should there also be sound like in the beginning video? I have only a text to read without sound. Was that intended?THank you and sorry for my english.
if you had sound until then and after, i guess it's ok

Top Bottom