Enhanced Edition language packs problems

+
Is it normal for the characters not to speak!? All I see are the subtitles and the characters moving their mouths...is there a solution to this?I searched to see if there was already a thread about this but I didn't find any so I posted here...if there already is, sorry :p

Zudo said:
Is it normal for the characters not to speak!? All I see are the subtitles and the characters moving their mouths...is there a solution to this?I searched to see if there was already a thread about this but I didn't find any so I posted here...if there already is, sorry :p
i presume that this is "Price Of Neutrality" adventure that was released along with Patch 1.3while Patch 1.4 + the updated adventures have voice oversso get the new "enhanced" adventures from here: http://www.sciagnij.pl/programy/p/wiedzmin/4439also do remember that using savegames from the adventures saved in patch 1.3 will not have voice overs even if you have installed the patched adventures, so start a new game

No, Its the first time I play this game so I'm not using any game saves. I must've had all the problems there are lol. First I had the normal .exe error, then when I finally corrected that the game had no sound (no kind of music or character voices), no subtitles and no menu... :teeth: I got everything I mentioned to work except for the character voices...

Zudo said:
No, Its the first time I play this game so I'm not using any game saves. I must've had all the problems there are lol. First I had the normal .exe error, then when I finally corrected that the game had no sound (no kind of music or character voices), no subtitles and no menu... :teeth: I got everything I mentioned to work except for the character voices...
do try the sound related fixes in the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0

I`m not sure that this is the right forum for my problem but here it goes anyway:I bought the russian version of the game and I can`t understand anything.Is there a patch or something that will change the language of the game into english?Thank`s =]

Post your topic in the instalation problems forum. I think you should have option for lang setting during install but I never did Russian version install :-\ I know the 1.4 upgrade gives choice of language. Resubmit this post so LICAON can help Nevermind it's in IN-Game tech They'll find it soon enough

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
do try the sound related fixes in the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0
I tried to reinstall the game, run the patch again and also tried the sound fixes, but I still can't get the characters to speak. Is it possible for someone to Upload their files related to the characters speaking so I can download and try and substitute the files?

Zudo said:
I tried to reinstall the game, run the patch again and also tried the sound fixes, but I still can't get the characters to speak. Is it possible for someone to Upload their files related to the characters speaking so I can download and try and substitute the files?
oopps, game not registered? bye :wave:
Zudo said:
Thank`s for the help =]can you address me to that instalation problems forum?Thank`s again!
why did you bought the russian version then ? :poh, do register your game as registered users get help faster

Hi. I've loaded the patch onto my D2D - purchased copy of The Witcher, tried to apply the Vista 32-bit hotfix, (it doesn't affect my system, apparently) and started it up. The graphics for the text in the game keep flickering, making it impossible to play the game. Have you heard of this before, and is there a solution? Thanks

Spankerz said:
Hi. I've loaded the patch onto my D2D - purchased copy of The Witcher, tried to apply the Vista 32-bit hotfix, (it doesn't affect my system, apparently) and started it up. The graphics for the text in the game keep flickering, making it impossible to play the game. Have you heard of this before, and is there a solution? Thanks
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed

Theronyll said:
"unable to find the corresponding language version of the game already on your system"This is an error not only I experienced, I am sure. It took me a while to find out what the problem was but after some digging I found out. I have hereby decided that I'm gonna make it easier for the other people still searching for the solution of this issue.
  • Download your Language Pack
  • Download the Enhanced Edition Patch
  • IMPORTANT: Put both downloads in the SAME folder
  • Run the Enhanced Edition Patch
The error shall no longer occur.I hope I have been of help to some of you who are so anxious to (re)play this game in an enhanced version!Kind regards,Vince
Thanx this sorted me out :D

Hey great stuff looks like it actually worked & I will finally get too find out whether or not EE works well on my system or not.The other thing if you are still having problems is to download the latest version as the one I downloaded in September 2008 did not work not matter what I tried. Also good idea to turn everything off that will interfer like Anti Virus, Defender, Firewall etc. You can turn them back on after installation has completed.Luck to everyone.

I searched for a very long time, and, as impossible as it was to find, the answer was very simple.When I downloaded the patch and the English language pack, I encountered the same problem that many seem to be having ... Installation works through registration verification, and then it stops with the message: "The language pack corresponding to the language version of the game already on your system was not found. Download the relevant language pack." The official FAQ answer is no good.SOLUTION: Before, I had both files on my desktop, and I got the error message. It finally worked after I created a folder and put all relevant files in it and ran it from there.Please thank me if I saved you hours of effort and confusion by making this 100x easier to find. I'd like to know I made a difference. ;)

Or you can try what finally kicked it for me...Some yahoo posted the language pack file on Gamespot (and probably was copied elsewhere) and misspelled the file name.They have it posted as TWEE_English_languagepack.exeThe correct file name is TWEE_English_language_pack.exe (note underscore between "language" and "pack").As soon as I changed the file name it worked like a charm.

i downloaded the patch from the site (followed the 'check for updates' link)but if i try to install it it says i need a language pack does anyone no how to get thatBy the way i play in English

I have decided to download the enhanced patch for this game today. I got to the setup for the TWEE_upgrade and at the very end of the install it says that I need the correct language pack or I can not enhance. Afterward I try to go install the TWEE_english_language_pack. Near the end of the install it tells me that I need to have the TWEE_upgrade to install the language pack. I am at a total confusion point here :wall:. Did anyone else have this problem or have a solution for it ;)?

You need to put those two files together in a single directory, mine was located inside the witcher directory. I had no problems upgrading from that location. Lastly, you need to have an internet connection to activate your EE.

When I try to install the language pack it tells me to install The WItcher- Enhanced Edition. When I try to to install the EE patch it tells me to install the language pack. I call it the circle of death.Solutions?

Top Bottom