Enhanced Edition language packs problems

+
Enhanced Edition language packs problems

This is a work-in-progress FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 , do check it often as new tips are being addedQ: The game exits to Windows after I choose Polish dialogues.A: After you download a few language packs (including Polish) and select all except the Polish language during patch installation, the main menu will show Polish dialogues as a selectable option (even though they are not present). Choosing Polish dialogues and running the game will generate an error and cause the game to exit to Windows. You can correct this situation by installing the Polish dialogues (to do so, run TWEE_Polish_language_pack.exe).Q: I’ve installed additional language packs but my Game Options show no additional subtitles.A: The subtitles are located only in TWEE_Upgrade.exe. If you deselected any subtitles and dialogue files (e.g. English) during the initial patch installation and then installed the dialogues using the relevant language pack (e.g. TWEE_English_language_pack.exe), the subtitles will still be unavailable. To correct this, run TWEE_Upgrade.exe once again. Q: I’ve downloaded the language packs/additional adventures, but the installer fails to detect them.A: Make sure that all downloaded files are located in a single source directory and that they all have their original names.______________________________________________________Hello the link for the french pack does'nt work, the download no start.[mod]Added some info[/mod]

hi,i'm sorry if this isn't the good forum to post but i have a big/bad problem:i tried a least 10/12 times to download the french language pack, never could download more than 95-100mb.now when i try to download again that file i just get : http 403,....This website requires you to log indid i make a mistake somewhere !?What must i do to be able to download the file please ?(i've already downloaded the big patch file, but without the language it's totaly useless)

I just upgraded to the EE my original UK version and im having problems with Polish text popping up. Yes, I installed the English Language pack.First, I started a new game and on the screen that lets you choose between the Main Quest and the Modules (Side Effect etc) Completely in polish text, and i get into the game and most of the in-game item lables are in polish too, same with the journal, though the entire quest log is in polish, which is a major problem as I dont speak polish (even though i am polish heh) and while the spoken dialogue is english im getting sporatic Polish dialogue choices during conversation.Any idea what is going on? Its really hard to play when i dont understand the language.

I have the original UK version of the Witcher (the one with the un-censored cards) from gogamer.com, but I am in the US. Should I get the US or the UK language pack. I thought it was the same language, but maybe it has stuff like "bollocks" or "cheery-oh" on the British one?I am now downloading the patch (universal, I guess) but I don't wan to ruin the game by getting the wrong language pack. Should I get the UK patch since that's where my game is from?Thanks!

Stryke11 said:
I have the original UK version of the Witcher (the one with the un-censored cards) from gogamer.com, but I am in the US. Should I get the US or the UK language pack. I thought it was the same language, but maybe it has stuff like "bollocks" or "cheery-oh" on the British one?I am now downloading the patch (universal, I guess) but I don't wan to ruin the game by getting the wrong language pack. Should I get the UK patch since that's where my game is from?Thanks!
The download page links for UK and US language packs take you to the same file - there is no difference.

Howdy,I checked the forums here and didn't find any threads with the same problem, hopefully I haven't missed one. After installing the EE using the English pack, there now is no dialog in the game at all, only subtitles. All other sounds are working fine. After I ran the EE patch itself, I did try to run the English patch (failed on an error) as I didnt realise you only needed to execute the EE patch (dunno if that is causing the problem). EAX is disabledI'm on VistaMy original game was purchaced from Metaboli Any ideas? I tried running the EE patch again but it made no difference.ThanksEDIT: Redownloaded the Engligh patch and installed. Problem Solved.

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone knows of a different server that hosts the English Language PackI downloaded v.1.4 fine, but the Language pack is a problem, at least on the server that the site uses.I also am using LeechGet as recomended by other users.So if anyone could link anything, that'd be great.

Shacknews -> http://www.shacknews.com has mirrors for the base patch and the english language files and the two extra quests. Their mirrors are reasonably fast and on the public mirror (non-mercury) I downloaded at a consistent 400KB/sec. Blues News -> http://www.bluesnews.com also has a list of other mirrors!

Hello, i installed the 1.4 patch and spanish pack language; the installation are completed without problems but when i started the game, the voices sound's older voices.What can i do?Thanks

When I select subtitles for another language, why does that change everything? If you choose another subtitle language in the options menu, all menus change language as well as the subtitles.. Will we get patch 1.5 to change this?

HelloI've just downloaded and installed patch 1.4 and English and French language packs (French because my game is French, and English because I wanted to have English voice over).I followed each step : TWEE update .exe in one folder, with both French and English packages. Everything ran fine.When launching the game, I can select in the options menu which language I want for voice and subtitles but once in game (launched a savegame), I'm still having French voices, whatever I selected in the option menu.Is it due to the savegame? Did I miss one crucial step? So far, I noticed the inventory improvement only, but I guess all the improved features are there.So my question is : why the language selection has no effect?Thanks in advance for your help, and thank you so much for this big update.

Ok, I've just launched a new game and the voices were in English, as selected in the option menu (you were right Licaon_Kter). That means that launching a saved game in a specific language will cancel the language selection made in the starting menu... too bad.I could restart a new adventure of course, but is there a way to go on with my current adventure and changing the language?BONUS QUESTION : I've got the "price of neutrality" adventure included in the game I bought (Collector Edition). Should I install it again using the update provided in the bonus content download or will it work fine?

quit to Main menu, select everything to French , accept, run the savegamethen quit to my menu again, change voices to english, accept, run savegameworked for me

Jeckos150 said:
BONUS QUESTION : I've got the "price of neutrality" adventure included in the game I bought (Collector Edition). Should I install it again using the update provided in the bonus content download or will it work fine?
did it have voice-overs then? it has now ;)

Thanks Mike for this useful tip. I did as you said and it worked fine. And I will install the two extra adventures, as suggested by Licaon_Kter.Great game, great developper team and great community! :peace:

Okay, this is slightly related. I have the original version of The Witcher and I'm downloading the upgrade patches now. I'm not sure which language pack to get for my version - USA english or Great Britain english. I'm from Australia and I bought my copy here. Does it matter which pack I get, or not at all?

Top Bottom