Enhanced Edition language packs problems

+
primusdiddy said:
When I try to install the language pack it tells me to install The WItcher- Enhanced Edition. When I try to to install the EE patch it tells me to install the language pack. I call it the circle of death.Solutions?
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/www/ee_update_faq.html
Q: I’ve downloaded the language packs/additional adventures, but the installer fails to detect them.A: Make sure that all downloaded files are located in a single source directory and that they all have their original names.

Ok. Success!!!For all the people with this problem!!!When you try to run the TWEE_Upgrade to install the Language patch, lets say for example the English language pack or US language pack (which are the same), you get a error message that says something like cannot find theLanguage pack, and vica versa when you run the Language pack and error says need to first run Upgrade patch to find, this is catch 22. Reading over many people statements with same problem, and the solution so far is to place Language(s) pack and Upgrade patch in same folder and make sure the name hasn't changed from download.I did this, put Language and Upgrade patches in a single directory in my program files, (looks something like this: E:\Program Files\New Folder\... ) Anyway still had problem than noticed after a while that my Language pack which is named TWEE_English_language_pack, looked like this TWEE_English_language_pack(1) only a little difference makes a big problem, this was caused probably from restarting my download as it was interrupted earlier and forgot to delete the first, so made a copy of the original. So took the (1) off the end and runs perfectly...Long story,But hope this helps everyone with the same problems.

ambreijada said:
I did this, put Language and Upgrade patches in a single directory in my program files, (looks something like this: E:\Program Files\New Folder\... ) Anyway still had problem than noticed after a while that my Language pack which is named TWEE_English_language_pack, looked like this TWEE_English_language_pack(1) only a little difference makes a big problem, this was caused probably from restarting my download as it was interrupted earlier and forgot to delete the first, so made a copy of the original. So took the (1) off the end and runs perfectly...
...yes, just like the FAQs said Update FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/www/ee_update_faq.htmlorTech FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0:evil: ::)

I didn't complete The Witcher first time around so when I hear about the Extended version coming out I decided to wait it out. Now I used to enjoy seeing the ladies tits when you have um... had a good time with them. I just love that feature of the game (along with others)... it adds something 'real' other games don't have. It's dirty and it's gritty and so it's very fun :D Anyway long story short and enough of my perverted fantasies... after installing the 1.3 patch and then installing the extended version, along with the languages and extra adventures the cards I get are censored and boring:( I feel this loses a small although important immersion tool within the game and I'm a bit upset:( How do I fix this and why is it censored? Thank you.

It is censored because of law in some countries. I think fixing would be the easiest by replacing .bik files.

unstableiser said:
I didn't complete The Witcher first time around so when I hear about the Extended version coming out I decided to wait it out. Now I used to enjoy seeing the ladies tits when you have um... had a good time with them. I just love that feature of the game (along with others)... it adds something 'real' other games don't have. It's dirty and it's gritty and so it's very fun :D Anyway long story short and enough of my perverted fantasies... after installing the 1.3 patch and then installing the extended version, along with the languages and extra adventures the cards I get are censored and boring:( I feel this loses a small although important immersion tool within the game and I'm a bit upset:( How do I fix this and why is it censored? Thank you.
where did you buy the EU version from?

I live in England and the version I bought was the original which I got in the UK which had nudity. Only after i patch to the expended edition did it dissapear. The violent swearing however.. still exists :\

unstableiser said:
I live in England and the version I bought was the original which I got in the UK which had nudity. Only after i patch to the expended edition did it dissapear. The violent swearing however.. still exists :\
did you install the UK language pack?

The language is fine... they all swear etc.. and have the new out of place cockney accents:p It's the card's that are cencored now.

I will double check... but so is the word coc kney on this forum:pEDIT: How do I know what version it is? When I start the installer it has options for all languages. The Enhanced Edition installer is 931.4Mb in size.

Does the english american patch automatically run home to censored? Is there a english patch, that allows european bought games to not be censored? what would stop a USA owner, from simply downloading the UK patch, thus bypassing the censor?I bought my TWEE from england, though I live in the US. No censorship on this version.

unstableiser said:
Yes, but the language is not censored! It's the pictures... :-\
oh, then it's the US version, strangei thought that by installing the UK lang pack the game will think this is the UK version

I have the uncensored version of The Witcher bought through gogamer.com and can't get the patch update to work. I've tried both the links for American and British language packs, but apparently they're exactly the same (same url and file name, and same results when I try to install TWEE!). I even have both files in the same directory. Absolutely no luck. Never had this big of a problem with a patch before... it really sucks :( Keeps telling me I need the relevant language pack :(I'm just going to download all the language patches... one has to work :p This is going to be a long night.Well, Polish did the trick... for some reason. Everything is in English.[mod]use the EDIT button[/mod]

I'm sorry to have to make a new topic for this. I'm sure its been covered elsewhere and I'm also sure I'm being a little dense and don't understand something about the patching process.I have the Witcher Enhanced Edition with the English Language Pack installed. However I would like to try the game with Polish dialogue and English subtitles. To enable this is it just a simple case of installing the Polish Language Pack and then presumably an option will appear for this.Thank you!

Top Bottom