Enhanced Edition language packs problems

+
GeralttheWhiteWolf said:
DVD Intstallation. I decided not to mess around with patches and bought the thing again.
when you install you can choose what languages you get with voice oversthe subtitles are all installed by defaultif you want voiceovers i guess you should reinstall and choose the wanted languages

ambreijada said:
Ok. Success!!!For all the people with this problem!!!When you try to run the TWEE_Upgrade to install the Language patch, lets say for example the English language pack or US language pack (which are the same), you get a error message that says something like cannot find theLanguage pack, and vica versa when you run the Language pack and error says need to first run Upgrade patch to find, this is catch 22. Reading over many people statements with same problem, and the solution so far is to place Language(s) pack and Upgrade patch in same folder and make sure the name hasn't changed from download.I did this, put Language and Upgrade patches in a single directory in my program files, (looks something like this: E:\Program Files\New Folder\... ) Anyway still had problem than noticed after a while that my Language pack which is named TWEE_English_language_pack, looked like this TWEE_English_language_pack(1) only a little difference makes a big problem, this was caused probably from restarting my download as it was interrupted earlier and forgot to delete the first, so made a copy of the original. So took the (1) off the end and runs perfectly...Long story,But hope this helps everyone with the same problems.
Absolute Genius !!!!!I tried for hours to sort this out and nearly threw my laptop across the room.Thank you very muchX

Varndel said:
Absolute Genius !!!!!I tried for hours to sort this out and nearly threw my laptop across the room.
the upgrade FAQ ( second row, first icon on the left on the "4 easy steps to upgrade" page ) specifies this, yet nobody reads it :wall:

Thanks for the awesome game!!!Thanks for the super big EE patch!!!Problem:After the software confirms me the correct username, password, and correct copy, it keep saying this:~~~~~~~~~~~~The language pack corresponding to the language version of the game already on your system was not found.Download the relevant language pack.~~~~~~~~~~~~What it means? What file should I download to update it to Enhanced Edition?~~~~~~~~~~~~~Background~~~~~~~~~~~~~I brought The Witcher from Australia, sure it's english version, and I'm in Asia right now.After I got it, installed from DVD, patch it to 130, everything just fine, never heard of anything about language pack!For EE version, of cause I have downloaded its English pack (for EE), and I put it into The Witcher install dir. or its system\ dir, same confusing warning.So, tell me genuis, which file and its location should I download???BIG THANKS

You need the UK English language pack I believe.Download from here:http://wiedzmin.sciagnij.pl/Then place in the same folder as your updater.

Edit: i Kinda figured it out, how would i put the 2 downloads in the same directory? Sorry not great at computers

Heh..Saying that your are too lazy to look for yourself and asking someone to do the legwork for you probably isn't going to win you any prizes.You find all the info you need here http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16868.0(Consider that a freebie. ;) )

Hi I'm from Romania , I actualy own a old witcher copy but recently i bought the EE pak.The writing on the pak ,dvd covers and manual is in english so i start the setup and the language choise is : polski,czesi,wegierski ?so wtf?1 Is this normal ?2 how do i get the english content?Can i use the patch language download to solve this ?Am i sc###ed ?

:whatthe:polish edition in English box?THAT is new :DI have a feeling it was supposed to go to Hungary...Well... first of all contact Your seller - they should exchange Your game, but I don't know how the Romanian law says in such situations.the other way is to contact Atari about the problem.Still it would be good if You waited for some response from Licaon_Kter before making any step :)

Ok it worked! I got the Eng. content.This dvd versio is older then the most recent patch?How do u patch dvd versin?

Tibster said:
Ok it worked! I got the Eng. content.This dvd versio is older then the most recent patch?How do u patch dvd versin?
what worked?the patches are not for the DVD versionyou have the hotfix, read the FAQ linked in my signature :beer:

I just bought the game but it looks like and old version of it. I downloaded the US version of the patch and its saying my game and pack are the same language when they are. Is there a fix for this. Now I cant even redownload it to make sure.

kingkoz said:
I just bought the game but it looks like and old version of it. I downloaded the US version of the patch and its saying my game and pack are the same language when they are. Is there a fix for this. Now I cant even redownload it to make sure.
don't understand :whatthe:something to fix a problem with same language of the game and patch?

Ya i downloaded the patch. I bought the base game USA version. I downloaded the USA patch. When I went to open the usa patch its saying that the language are not the same and download the right patch.

kingkoz said:
Ya i downloaded the patch. I bought the base game USA version. I downloaded the USA patch. When I went to open the usa patch its saying that the language are not the same and download the right patch.
then maybe it's not the US version? try with the UK language patch ( you need TWEE_upgrade.exe and the languagepack_UK in the same folder with their original names )do post some pics of the dvd case/disk

Ok.So, I was in Poland on vacation, and I bought "The Witcher". Its in Polish, and I don't know polish, but the package says you can get it in english. So I've installed it, I've downloaded the english language pack, but its still in Polish. Do you have to change something in options? If so, could someone please tell me what to do? Oh, and please don't think I'm stupid, as that would hurt my feelings.Help will be greatly appreciated.Nevermind. Figured out by randomly pressing buttons.

Top Bottom