Enhanced Edition patch download problems

+
Enhanced Edition patch download problems

just a remainder: before attempting to install do read a bit here: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/1.4_patch and check the filesQ: When I click on the link for the 1.5 Patch, I get a blank page! Is the patch really there?A: Yes, the patch is there; plenty of people have downloaded it with no difficulty. There are also a number of people who've had trouble with the download, though, so you're not alone. The two most common sources of problems downloading the patch seem to be overeager anti-virus software and browsers that are trying to protect you from downloads, page redirects, etc., "for your own good." Both anti-virus software and protective browsers can be very useful, but they do get in the way when you're intentionally changing existing files on your computer, such as when patching a game.So the first thing you should do is turn off your anti-virus until you've finished patching. Do remember to turn it back on again when you're done!If you're using Internet Explorer or Firefox, try a different browser for this download; a lot of people have reported good success with Opera and Google Chrome.If you're not using IE, check your browser's settings. Firefox has so many add-ons that it's very easy for one of them to "helpfully" block the very content that you're trying to download.Some people who have trouble with the main site have no problem using a mirror. There are six mirrors listed; if the main site doesn't work for you, try one of these:Download Patch 1.5 from here: http://www.sciagnij.pl/programy/p/Wiedźmin_Edycja_Rozszerzona_Patch/8902Mirror1@filebox.roMirror2@computergames.roMirror3@actiontrip.comMirror4@worthplaying.comMirror5@patches-scrolls.deMirror6@witchervaultQ: What files do I need and how do I install the 1.4 Patch ( Enhanced Edition )?A: Do read: http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/www/ee_update_faq.html and read how to verify the integrity of your downloaded files here: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/1.4_patch ------------------------------------------For all people who has problems to get the correct download size for the EE patch, here is the solution:Use a download manager like LeechGet http://www.leechget.net/en/index.php?location=http://www.leechget.net/en/phpBB2/route.php?my_topic_title=Downloads&mylang=englishInstall LeechGet and run it, go to "extras" - "options" and click left side on "time outs", here you can set the time options for your downloads, then start the LeechGet console with rightclick on the tray icon, here go to "files" - "new Download" - "start wizard" and place this url-line in the field: (without "url")http://cdn.sciagnij.pl/bi.sciagnij.pl/0/4/TWEE_Upgrade.exethen click next, next and in this window choose the path where you want to store your Witcher EE Patch file.Now all you got to do is, make sure that LeechGet will automatically reconnect to the server, your download should be finished in several.... minutes (or hours)[MOD]Added link to patch integrity check wiki page[/MOD]

Well after about 10 attempts to download the patch via internet explorer, I used a program a fellow forumer linked above, from Halogenware to facilitate the process. Using IE the download would stall out and close, and then say it had downloaded such and such in 4 mins or so. I was getting speeds of around 75 kb a second, which is EXTREMELY slow but better than what I'm getting now.Now, the download hasn't stalled out yet, but I'm getting download speeds of ~15 kb a second. I think there is something very wrong with the host's internet capabilities or download process. Just an FYI to CDP, it should NOT take 10 hours to download a gig of information.I'm going to let it continue to download since I can't afford to buy a new copy of the Witcher when I already have a legit copy at home, and we'll see if the speeds pick up any. But be advised you did not pick a good source to host your files.Edit: Well now the EE patch is downloading at 0kb a second, and it's saying it will take 36 hours to complete download. I'm a bit frustrated. You knew The Witcher was a very popular game... and you didn't even put up mirrors for your files that I can find.... Looks like I'll have to wait to start playing EE until after the masses have downloaded the patch so I can download it within a reasonable timeframe.

Hi there, Ive been trying to download the EE update for Witcher, but the download does not complete properly. The download ends at 112mb, where as the information given is the download is 900mb+ in size. I am downloading from the official link, and I have tried several different browsers to no avail. I have not run this defective download it may account for some reports of people having trouble with the upgrade patch. Any advice would be appreciated.

For Vista x64 users don´t try the Downloadmanager "wxDownload Fast" it crashes all the time (First and only program on Vista x64 that crashed since 6Month)

And for all the linux/freebsd/whathever command line geeks: Try using wget
Code:
wget -c --tries=100 --timeout=30 http://cdn.sciagnij.pl/bi.sciagnij.pl/0/4/TWEE_Upgrade.exe
This command retries 100 times if the connection is closed, with a timeout of 30 seconds. If the connection is closed 100 times (i doubt so), then rerun the command and it will continue downloading .... Don't reduce the timeout, though, it will overload the server. Anyway, thanks CDPROJEKT ! You're doing a good job ! I think the bandwidth problems are unavoidable. Having too many fans is troublesome.

Thanks for this post. I was having horrible problems with disconnects. I still get diconnected a lot but at least Leechget is intelligent enough to resume the download instead of just telling me it is done.

Thanks for this!! Definately helping.How do you figure out what the url for this file was? I am trying to download the USA english language patch so i used the same url you had and changed the file name to the proper one (I Think) :http://cdn.sciagnij.pl/bi.sciagnij.pl/0/4/TWEE_English_language_pack.exe But LeechGet did not like that. Maybe it only likes you to run one thing at a time? I will test again after i am finished the game download.

I downloaded the manager from Halogenware, so at least I can resume the download when it stalls out, and since my last post it's stalled out about 7 or 8 times. I'll keep letting it plug away, but be advised downloading the patch today is not a pretty prospect.If it keeps giving me troubles I'll resume tomorrow.

Yeah I have the same exact error.I was attempting to download the EE patch from the official website. When I click to download the 1GB file patch, it takes me to another link with the download but everything is in another language. I can still make out that the button means to download, so I download. I also download the language file and it takes me to the same link in a different language, I complete the download. So I try to run the installer and it gives me this prompt:------------------------------------------->setupnew\setup.cpp(135)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (6001) Non JE/Netscape 623136.30601-------------------------------------------They are exe files. I even tried putting them in the same folder and running the installer, but nothing. I find it funny why they dont link us US users to an english texted site. I downloaded the 1.3 patch before hand, and still no avail. What to do?

This is OUTRAGEOUS. I cannot download neither file from the ściągnij.pl site without LeechGet and even with it, my download rate is like 1% per 20 minutes, and I got a 1MB\s broadband. Such situation cannot be - I demand this file to be hosted on a site like Fileshack or made into a torrent. I'm not interested in paying for all that extra stuff in the Witcher Update pack (since I already have most of it already), so I want only the patch and new adventures, and it's unfair for me not to be able to even DOWNLOAD it, and I bet that there'll be at least several problems with installation.URGH.I feel better now.Please, host in on some other site. This is important.

4dee said:
Or someone could put the patch on file front or file planet............... : :whistle:
I was searching for one on filefront and other websites as well but nothing..I attempted downloading the patches and it timed out early. I can't resume the download either. I downloaded the plug-in "leechget" for my firefox browser and it isn't doing anything. If this is a way to get us to go buy the retail version of the enhanced edition, that is not cool! I am one of many who who bought the original version months back. Please fix the downloads!

How do you set LeechGet to Auto restart? I had to go out this morning so i let it run. Seemed to go again when it was at 0kb but when i returned it is no longer on my download and stopped at 744mb of 910. Since it is no longer showing up in Leechget i dont know how to ask it to restart. Any info would be appreciated.

No luck with download manager or leechget either. They all time out just the same. It's the server... We will just have to wait.

Guys, your errors means that you try to run file that wasn't completely downloaded.The good news is Leechget really helps :), bad news is downloading the file will take about 10hrs :(For Mozilla Firefox users - you have to download LeechGet from the 1st link (it says it is only for Internet Explorer users, but it contains important files for everyone, who wants to use LeechGet) after that use the 2nd link (for MF, Opera... users).

Tried twice with Leechget, both times it still ended roughly at 600mbs and just quit. I'll spare the servers from a third try and see if things have changed for the better by tomorrow. :-\

Priseks said:
Guys, your errors means that you try to run file that wasn't completely downloaded.The good news is Leechget really helps :), bad news is downloading the file will take about 10hrs :(For Mozilla Firefox users - you have to download LeechGet from the 1st link (it says it is only for Internet Explorer users, but it contains important files for everyone, who wants to use LeechGet) after that use the 2nd link (for MF, Opera... users).
I strongly recommend you to re-read my post. I said I can't DOWNLOAD it. The server is overcrowded and probably will be for the next couple of days, so the download crashes every 10 minutes or so, even LeechGet gives up eventually. It needs to be hosted on at least 3 - 4 sites and should be avaivable through BitTorrent. Bad planning, bad execution - even now it all feels rushed. CPR needs to work on their distribution methods :-[

As the Enhanced Edition is free to download. it's OK to host it as a torrent, am I right? So my point is, could someone who was fortunate enough to download it from the official server make a torrent out of it? Many people, including me, are going through much pain trying to download EE, so it could ease our efforts considerably.

Top Bottom