Enhanced Edition PC should include TV mode!

+
Enhanced Edition PC should include TV mode!

Meaning basically large fonts, as an optional thing of course.
PC connected to 50" plasma is fantastic, but some fonts are too small and not comfortable. I assume x360 version will have larger fonts and better suited interface for TV, it would be great if PC version got it too, suited for both 720p and 1080p. I would definitely use it!

(secretly I hope it is already included and thus this topic is useless)

I'm sitting less than two feet away from my PC monitor and I still have trouble reading in-game text sometimes (particularly the scrolling descriptions for the inventory items). Maybe there's a mod to increase the text size. I thought one existed, but I can't find it.

WardDragon said:
I'm sitting less than two feet away from my PC monitor and I still have trouble reading in-game text sometimes (particularly the scrolling descriptions for the inventory items). Maybe there's a mod to increase the text size. I thought one existed, but I can't find it.

Then there must have been one! I thought that as well, when reading OP, went to the Nexus to quick-scan the mods available, didn't find the text size mod I thought existed and then abandoned the topic.
Maybe it was discontinued or one of the early mods posted in GoG forums?

WardDragon said:
I'm sitting less than two feet away from my PC monitor and I still have trouble reading in-game text sometimes
Then you need to visit Oculist ASAP. Seriously.

Just use one of these:

Makes you look classy as well.

pomor said:
Then you need to visit Oculist ASAP. Seriously.

I already know my vision is bad. I can see pretty clearly with my glasses, but it still would be nice if I could increase the text size a bit for the inventory items.

I'm sitting like a meter from my monitor and I can read every text just fine, and trust me my eyesight it's not so good, and I'm not using glasses. Depends on what resolution you play the game, and how big is your monitor. I play on 1080p on 23" monitor.

secondchildren said:
Honestly wouldn't hurt having the font resized up a little.

secondchildren said:
I'm sitting like a meter from my monitor and I can read every text just fine, and trust me my eyesight it's not so good, and I'm not using glasses. Depends on what resolution you play the game, and how big is your monitor. I play on 1080p on 23" monitor.

I have a 24" monitor at 1920x1080 resolution. I spend a large part of the day reading things on my screen (combination of my job, and looking up stuff on the internet for fun) so it's just more comfortable for me to increase the text size instead of straining to read things all day.

When I played TW2 the last time, I often found myself leaning forward even closer to the screen in order to read the scrolling item descriptions in the inventory. It would be much easier for me to read those if the text was a little larger, and if the description window was big enough that it didn't need to scroll.

I thought there was a mod that did this, but I can't find it now so maybe it was incompatible with the official patches.

I started this topic to talk about playing on TV and everyone talks about monitors :)

Come on, playing with x360 controller on 50" plasma is a pure bliss, just the fonts...make them larger !

paulcz said:
I started this topic to talk about playing on TV and everyone talks about monitors :)

Come on, playing with x360 controller on 50" plasma is a pure bliss, just the fonts...make them larger !

Sorry about that. I didn't mean to derail the thread. I was just trying to agree with you that it would be nice if the fonts were a bit larger :)

WardDragon said:
Sorry about that. I didn't mean to derail the thread. I was just trying to agree with you that it would be nice if the fonts were a bit larger :)

Ha, no worries, I agree that fonts are too small in some instances even for playing on monitor.

Here is hoping CDP notices the thread and includes something nice in EE.

Top Bottom