Enhanced version of the starting armor .....i mean come on

+
Enhanced version of the starting armor .....i mean come on

So i have searched everywhere for the enhanced/upgraded version of the starting armor/warrior leather jacket but they seem nowhere to be found , it IS the coolest gear in the game yet past the starting area it is completely useless all the other armor seem meh to me, so CDPR .................do something :D, make it possible for us to find diagrams of a superior version of this armor or include it in a DLC , it IS Geralt iconic armor after all.....in the W3 at least.

Yeah I think most people myself included suspect this to be added eventually. Maybe one of the possible 16 free dlc. As far as looking go the Ursine stuff looks pretty cool but you won't see any of that till Skellige.

Some of the armour is "Eh" and some are "Wicked"

It just fits the theme of the game, the world, the story, everything. Can't have everything look awesome, just wouldn't make any sense. That's like wanting an MMORPG only have TERA-Inspired 14 year old designed slutty female armour in every single MMO, despite the games theme and visual design, art style.

I agree that the armour you roll out with is very cool, in design, that is. I wouldn't mind having an upgraded set until I found something that looks even better.

Yeah I think most people myself included suspect this to be added eventually. Maybe one of the possible 16 free dlc. As far as looking go the Ursine stuff looks pretty cool but you won't see any of that till Skellige.

yea i have seen that armor, it doesnt look bad at all but nothing compares to the Kaer Morhen armor for me and a lot of people seem to share that sentiment and i thought that an upgraded version of it would be a no brainer given that its the armor shown in every trailer ......i hope you are right in saying that it will be included in a DLC.

---------- Updated at 05:24 AM ----------

Some of the armour is "Eh" and some are "Wicked"

It just fits the theme of the game, the world, the story, everything. Can't have everything look awesome, just wouldn't make any sense. That's like wanting an MMORPG only have TERA-Inspired 14 year old designed slutty female armour in every single MMO, despite the games theme and visual design, art style.

I agree that the armour you roll out with is very cool, in design, that is. I wouldn't mind having an upgraded set until I found something that looks even better.

I understand that and i am not saying that every armor be cool, but the iconic armor should have an upgrade version its just common sense.

There is a crafting diagram that upgrades the starting armor. Too bad that I went and sold my own Kaer Morhen armor... I don't remember where that armor recipe is. Sorry!

There is a crafting diagram that upgrades the starting armor. Too bad that I went and sold my own Kaer Morhen armor... I don't remember where that armor recipe is. Sorry!

I know of that armor, the " warrior leather jacket " unfortunately it is only a level 1 armor and by the time you leave white orchid it is pretty much useless.

Yeah I agree the Kaer Morten looks awesome. As you probably know there is no Wolf School or Viper School armor sets like the Griffin etc. I highly doubt this was an oversight and most likely a design idea for future dlc. Maybe the 16 free maybe the first expansion. I assume given how iconic the wolf school is they want it done right.

I'm in on this! I kept the Kaer Morhen Armor in my inventory since forever, using it in screenshots mostly but I'd really really like to keep using it in fights too. If not a free DLC or a patch, I'll take a mod to alter its stats too^^

If I sold the starting armor, is there any way to get it back somehow? Do I have to search for the merchant that I sold it to?

If I sold the starting armor, is there any way to get it back somehow? Do I have to search for the merchant that I sold it to?

I'd guess so, i haven't seen any merchant reset what I had sold to him yet so you have a chance to still find it there. But don't call me out on that

In The Witcher and The Witcher 2, the armor became 'cooler' looking and more powerful as you leveled up...sad to know the Witcher 3 is not the same

I'm still using the starting armor as all other armor I have found so far (while better stats wise) look absolutely ridiculous. I hope that changes soon. In The Witcher 2 there were a lot of great looking armor to choose from.

Use crafted witcher armour - those green sets from treasure hunts for various schools schematics.
It looks good, has choices for playstyle plus it feels good to see it being improved/upgraded more and more (4 tiers total).

I can only agree and state that you can upgrade the starting armour and find the diagram for this in White Orchard(or you had diagram from the start). I know because I went and upgraded it. I then sold it as I think there are much nicer armour to be had. :happy:

I upgraded the Kaer Morhen Armor to warrior leather jacket and am still using it at level 10. Now I am playing on normal mode, which makes a big difference but I just rely on Geralt's speed and agility to avoid damage. Passed on several armors with much higher stats but they didn't look right on Geralt.

Top Bottom