Ensuring integrity of Gwent e-sports

+

rrc

Forum veteran
When ProNeo thing happened, I thought it was a one off case. Now Wangid had happened. Both the cases, it was not CDPR who found it and fixed it. People who were directly going to get affected themselves took it in their own hands, found the proof from the culprits themselves and submitted to CDPR and was hoping CDPR will take steps. In both the cases, the cheaters were caught because they did it while streaming. If they didn't stream, both of them would have robbed the rightful place of another person who spent an year in trying to get the spot. In both the cases, luckily CDPR took the steps and did justice. But this is hardly enough.

How can we even be sure if these are the only two cases? This could be happening every season starting from qualifier. People who qualify for qualifiers (top 64), how can we be sure that this doesn't happen. Out of the 64, I don't know how many even stream. So, if people don't stream, they can just do this without any fear of getting caught. This has to stop and should never happen again. And CDPR should take strict proactive steps regarding this. If this kind of things happen once more, at least I would lose complete interest in Gwent esports.

This is what I propose:

1) Above 2500 MMR, people shouldn't be able to see any customization. Just like border and title and name, all the leader skins, boards, cardbacks, coins should be shown with the default one. That is, for the enemy player, above 2500 MMR games, the players shouldn't be able to see any customization (leader skin, cardback, coin, board).
2) Above 2500 MMR, Taunting should be blocked (not even the leader animation). It shouldn't just mute, but the option to send taunt itself shouldn't be there.

These two are the primary source for people to wintrade "easily". People can still do it. They can have other protocols like roping for first 3 moves. Using an useless/odd Strategem for a given leader, Use discord to confirm if they are matched against each other (out of the top of my head.. cheaters can get even more creative). But at least it would make it a little harder.

On top of that, CDPR should proactively look for odd patterns among top 200 players (who get Crown Points) every season. They should check match history, game length, how many cards are played etc. to see if there are anything odd. Some kind of analytics with a program (not manually) should be done. If anyone is found to have an odd thing happening, they should be inquired and if they don't cooperate, ban them from that season at least. I don't know how much is such analytics program possible, but least make efforts to prevent this kind of cheating.

Top Bottom