Enter the Arena — GWENT’s new game mode!

+
SrdjanB;n10646371 said:
After extensive Arena playing I would like to offer just two suggestions that you can implement right now with no work necessary.

2) Make rounds count for daily rewards.

Honestly I am baffled why do you disadvantage Arena players over all other players including Casual mod players, it makes no sense. Besides while Arena rewards are generous at the start, you get investment back easily, and at the end, that Gold card really stacks a lot of value, in between rewards are nowhere near as good to justify playing Arena over getting dailies even if you are pretty good Arena player. I like Arena quests and would like as well to generic play/win x matches quests to include Arena matches as well

I agree, this would discourage casual players/new players from playing arena as they are much better off just doing their daily round wins for the 100 gold.

Kingoko;n10649561 said:
But then who will play anything except Arena? Maybe ppl will play a bit ranked for rank up and then only arena cause more profitable then anything else

Finally someone who gets it!

except it's not even close to profitable now to play. you have to realize that for every round won, someone else loses... so the average is 3 wins/3 losses that's 3 slot winows of low quality, you'll be lucky to make back your cost of entry, when the same average would net you +100 ore in casual (and probably 3 rounds into the 12 bracket). It's only potentially worthwhile by the numbers if you are chasing meteorite powder, which you probably aren't unless you're an experienced player with a high set completion ratio.

Void_Singer

This is how arena usually works. The difference with other games (like Hearthstone) is that they don't have a good alternative for F2P players to gain materials. But because Gwent is more generous, it's actually more efficient to just do your daily quest & tier and avoid arena, unless you are playing for the experience/variation.

4RM3D;n10651191 said:
Void_Singer

This is how arena usually works. The difference with other games (like Hearthstone) is that they don't have a good alternative for F2P players to gain materials. But because Gwent is more generous, it's actually more efficient to just do your daily quest & tier and avoid arena, unless you are playing for the experience/variation.

Exactly, and to top it all off looking at averages in arena is very misleading, a good player who practices arena for long enough will be much more than average and ought to end up 5+ wins constantly which should make it very simple for them to go "infinite" if they so please
I don't see why people want arena to be the only source of profit and for ladder to be just a place to attain borders and titles from now on

Top Bottom