Enter the Arena — GWENT’s new game mode!

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
And another victim here...

Played Arena, was defeated once, but because of connection losts, lost at the 9th match! Still received a Gold card, not premium. Are people who win the 9 matches really not getting a 100% sure Premium Gold? That sucks, but would make me feel less bad i lost for such a stupid reason.

What about the gold-silver-bronze ratio? I had 8 golds and 12 silvers on my 1st deck, is that normal? I feel like i got lucky. And reveal + Xarthisius is wonderful on Arena, since it's way harder to predict what your opponent may have.

I like the concept and it's a really fun mode to play. Hopefully it won't be long before it actually becomes playable.

Dominika;n10558292 said:
Arena, a brand new game mode in GWENT, is now available to play!

Can you please get us some feedback as to whether Gold Premiums are guarantied for a nine wins or was that changed.

I'm pretty sure the random disconnects are mentioned in one of the clauses of the contract O'Dimm makes you sign. It wouldn't be a Faustian bargain without a hidden snag, eh?

Just got my first 9-0 run today and got Yennefer as my gold card. Question: Is it intended that she's not the premium version? I've read on reddit that it's quaranteed to be premium. Couldn't find something about it on the announcement.

Just finished my run at 10-2. Yes, 10 wins, because one of them wasn't counted for some reason.
Managed to draft Francesca, Shupe, Stefan, and a couple mages, so weather wasn't too bad for me and I consistently drawn the cards I wanted.

Arena could be very fun if there're no bugs. Today I experienced constant reconnects (either me or my opponent), errors while looking for an opponent (I found an opponent for the last match on my 4th try) and, as I already said, one of my wins wasn't registered (and I am pretty sure the opponent didn't even forfeit).

XanXon;n10577962 said:
Just got my first 9-0 run today and got Yennefer as my gold card. Question: Is it intended that she's not the premium version? I've read on reddit that it's quaranteed to be premium. Couldn't find something about it on the announcement.

My gold wasn't premium either. Perhaps they changed it. Rewards are very good anyway. I wish the server stability was better.

I made two runs, one were I stopped to the 8th win the other I won 9/O
It's a really fun mode and I had no issue with the servers myself (I guess I was lucky or maybe it's region based, I'm French so maybe the European servers are more stable for some reason).

It's cool to make some silly decks with synergies that couldn't be made otherwise.
Btw, I think that's a mistake a lot of people are doing right now, they basically play Arena like CDPR suggested it drafting big bodies/value card but you HAVE to go for synergy in this mode, the deck you can make this way are sick.

The first time I got Sabbath early on so kinda built around, picking handbuffs and removals. It worked out okay but I litterally lost the coinflip on every single matches.
The second deck I made was a beast though, I got 2 Germains, Triss butt and Odrin, plus a lot of synergy around the swarm tactic.

As I said, I love the mode, it's kind of a break from regular Gwent (not better, just different).
The only things that could be fixed is the coinflip which is definitely an important factor (it's not specific to Arena though).
You can still win when you lose the coinflip (to be fair, I lost an incredible amount of CF today, just in Arena I only won the coinflip twice (and if my math are correct I played 21 games 9+9+3 that I lost on the first run)).

That said, it's nothing special for me, I'm extremely unlucky. I laugh everytime I see someone saying that you get to win the coinflip as many times as you lose it...It doesn't work for me, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Arena mode is terrible.
I lost in bugs and connection error.
It does not make ends meet as a game.

Gwent turns worse whenever repeat update.
CDPR, you should employ a veteran with the development experience of DCG.
:facepalm:

So I just played an opponent who played Sile and went 2 cards down because she did not draw a card. Then next round opponet played Shilard giving them 1 card back haha as he did not draw me a card lol

Bad part of the arena mode

- There is no limit of the number of sheets of gold and silver
- Winner have many number of sheets of strong gold and silver
- Select a leader last
- Reward not to balance with time and trouble (a waste of time)
etc.

I think that arena mode is appropriate for Gwent which became RNG game (Irony).

Last edited:
partci;n10580522 said:
Shilard not pulling cards for Oppo... GG.

Worst part is Shillard is awesome in Arena, you can give your opponent brick and take his gold, since there are no engines on your part you just always take stronger card.

But now I am hesitant to draft him since it can seem unfair or abusive when the bug happens with no fault of my own.

On the other hand, before I was aware of the bug I played Shillard and he gave my opponents card every single time, so I am torn.

Sooooo many bugs and issues is making this very unenjoyable. I jumped in to play some arena thinking this would be a good time to get excited again by Gwent. Big mistake as the bugs are unbelievable. You are only allowed three losses but so much counts as a loss that the free entry papers are now gone as is a lot of ore due to the games constant issues.

- Reconnect issues where the game then ends (either my side or the opponents side) which forces you into a loss. I have a 50 mbs connection that routinely tests at the speed, no single issue on my home network for anything else or any other game, just gwent.
- NUMEROUS times I would find an opponent, the game would say loading and do its little animation and NEVER finish. One time I waited 10 minutes just to see if it would do anything and it never got pass the loading screen. Had to exit the game and restart. The match had not even started yet but this still counted as a loss. That was really lame.
- I played a card that pulled another card, while I had the screen up to select a card I could not select it, I could hide the cards, I could show the details of cards, I could do a ton of other stuff but I could not select A to select a card. Timer ran out, was still on the screen to select a card. Waited 15 minutes just in case the game would do something or the opponent left, etc. nothing. Had to restart, counted as a loss.
- Numerous times it will say, Ooops something went wrong, and not find an opponent. Had it happen 10 times in a row, going back to the main Gwent menu and back in does nothing, have to quit the game and start over.

I can't believe how many scenarios count as a loss when you can only loss 3 times. Plus, if you finally manage to get a good draw and build a great deck, you will usually lose that deck because once you lose three matched due to disconnects you lose the deck too. No way should it count as a loss before the freaking match even loads and starts. They really need to fix this. Oh and they are aware of some of these issues. Its the same issues reported throughout the last month or so as it happened before the Arena even came out, ever since their last major patch/overhaul.

This arena has HUGE potential to be fun, they just have to fix these bugs first.

Hi!
I love playing Gwent and I always welcome to new things in game. But this time I'm not pleased. This recent update seems to messed up the game. I've played several casual and ranked games and either me or opponent lost due to connection issues although my internet is fine and probably the opponent's one since this connection issue is occuring constantly after recent update. Sometimes searching opponent takes forever and I can't even Stop Searching since the button doesn't do its supposed function.
I'd like to try new Arena mode but I've already read many players complaining about bugs/connection issues, I'll wait until it will be fixed.
I hope staff inform us about this problem and its near future solution.
Cheers,

WillDragon;n10586472 said:
Hi!
I love playing Gwent and I always welcome to new things in game. But this time I'm not pleased. This recent update seems to messed up the game. I've played several casual and ranked games and either me or opponent lost due to connection issues although my internet is fine and probably the opponent's one since this connection issue is occuring constantly after recent update. Sometimes searching opponent takes forever and I can't even Stop Searching since the button doesn't do its supposed function.
I'd like to try new Arena mode but I've already read many players complaining about bugs/connection issues, I'll wait until it will be fixed.
I hope staff inform us about this problem and its near future solution.
Cheers,

You just summed up the update. I still don't know what happen when the contract ends because everytime I lost my contract it's because of connection issues and since there's no how retreat/cancel/give up/hope when the connection is lost, I have to reset and start the game from begining again. That's the resume about that happened after this update. I wish I could at least have the right to see what happens when the contract is over after loss because I have no hope to win with this problems anyway.

Top Bottom