Epic and legendary weapons: what are we supposed to do with them?

+
I did not actually know that. It was a faulty assumption based on mod type and item quality re-randomizing if moving 150m away from a container entity - lootable corpses, boxes, weapons on the ground etc.

I assumed there was more than one input required to re-randomize the contents of a vendor's inventory. Game time is one of them. The inventory won't refresh if you don't move though so I concluded distance was another and have apparently been walking far more than necessary.

I still don't reset vendor inventory for crafting materials. I used to dupe glitch until I started using CET and now I just use console commands/scripts.

Most games are complex enough that many of my initial ideas about how game systems work are fundamentally wrong. So I need other people to post their observations and compare results. The more people, the better. If the results contradict each other, theory goes in the bin. Posit new theory that fits all the available data and go again.

Repeat until you hit a wall. If there are enough people involved in the process, even if you hit walls theres always someone out there with a crazy leap of logic that turns out to be correct.

The only thing I don't understand is in game system terms, what is "a store" when you mean "leaving the store"? Some vendors like the clothing shop in Kabuki market are outside. The one in Arroyo market is outside and also in a safezone (which disables weapon drawing and cyberware actives like double jump).

I'm confused because its an imprecise term. Is there a unique boundary perimeter for each vendor?

that I felt compelled to dismiss any claims of your unawareness.

Thanks choom but I didn't help build the game so I don't know anything about how it really works. I mostly just throw out educated guesses by repeating things and using pattern recognition, but its always collaborative, so I can't take any credit. Need other people to verify the methodology and confirm the results otherwise who knows what bad assumptions have been made? This thread is a good example of what happens when you don't talk to other people. In the 1.1 mod randomization thread, there were at least a dozen people who posted critical information that changed my understanding of how item generation works (and even what the bug was).

Last edited:
Top Bottom