Epic Item Components bug

+
I went on a crafting spree and have run into a bug that has completely broken crafting for me. I ran out of epic item components and decided to upgrade lower quality ones since I have a huge stack. Started crafting them and then found out it's not reporting an increase in the epic item components! It's registering I'm using up my supply of rare item components but no matter how many I craft it still shows 1 epic item component in my inventory! Worse yet, I went to a vendor to buy some and after buying it STILL isn't registering an increase in components! I'm literally unable to craft anything of epic quality or higher and I have zero way of getting more.

Same here. Upgraded technical perk all the way just so I could craft legendary components and now there's absolutely no way for me to do that.

I tried restarting the game as mentioned here but that didn't help either.

Anyone else know of a workaround?

Same here - restarting didn't help.
I've found that even if I buy a legendary item component from a shop or disassembling a legendary item don't even add to the total number of that item in the inventory. Super annoying.
Post automatically merged:

I just found a workaround - I found this bug in my MANUAL save - but when I reverted to an earlier quick save or autosave, it works fine! Strange bug!

Last edited:
Hope I'm not too late to the party, but I actually had a similar bug once my Uncommon Item Component count hit 0.
I didn't want to load the previous save after spending 1h30min crafting and disasssembling stuff, so I fiddled until something worked for me:
- When you're at 0, craft 1 Item Component
- Then, craft an Item that uses 1 of that component to get back to 0 (example: resist! clothing mod)
- Disassemble the item; you should now get more than 1.

Hopefully this gets patched in the 1.1 or 1.2, and in the mean time maybe this'll be handy for others!

For me they aren't showing up in vendors either

Update, I tried to revert to an earlier save but it still didn't work, this is horse malarkey, my entire playstyle revolved around crafting.

Update 2, now I'm not even finding epic gear to breakdown, this is seriously a black mark on the game for me, I can't even enjoy the game any more because I can't get higher teir equipment to survive encounters get on this now CDPR

Last edited:
Top Bottom