Epic Swamp - Or: Essenthy did it again

+
her's how interiors looks, a bit buggy ( flickering ) and lack of AO

about performance, with default ultra setting @ 1080 i can hit solid 60fps in novigrad, and around 50-55 in the swamp

This already looks great! I'm dumbfounded as to why CDPR didn't release it looking like this in the first place.

P.S. Your Silver for monsters guitar rendition rocks!!!

her's how interiors looks, a bit buggy ( flickering ) and lack of AO

about performance, with default ultra setting @ 1080 i can hit solid 60fps in novigrad, and around 50-55 in the swamp

This is just incredible... keep up the good work. You are our heroes. :)

@essenthy;
Impressive job, excellent work. God bless you mate.
we really can't thank you enough.

by the way, please take care of yourself; Microsoft and Sony would send hordes of assassins to your location any minute !
you really shattered their ridiculous consoles for good. :thumbsup:

Hey, really great work with the lighting. Especially the screenshot in front of Novigrad reminds me of how the game looked like a year ago, so it's really close. :)
I hope you can get it running with the fog, it seems very atmospheric. I will try to show this to some people!

Ps: I don't necessarily want to use this thread to address this again, but here it goes: The lighting of the game at release was not made because of some evil other platforms and companies holding their pitchforks in the air (that does not happen. Really, it doesn't) ;).
The view distance is virtually the same, but adding a layer of fog was an artistic choice that was made in the course of last year. Now, you of course don't have to agree with it, but that's simply what it was - an artistic choice. And that mod kit was released especially so people can make the game look different.

Ps: I don't necessarily want to use this thread to address this again, but here it goes: The lighting of the game at release was not made because of some evil other platforms and companies holding their pitchforks in the air (that does not happen. Really, it doesn't) ;).
The view distance is virtually the same, but adding a layer of fog was an artistic choice that was made in the course of last year. Now, you of course don't have to agree with it, but that's simply what it was - an artistic choice. And that mod kit was released especially so people can make the game look different.

I'm pretty sure that was a joke. If I may...yeah, I'm not a fan of the blue fog on the distance. :) Because it makes harder to see the points of interests located far away from where you stand.

Hey, really great work with the lighting. Especially the screenshot in front of Novigrad reminds me of how the game looked like a year ago, so it's really close. :)
I hope you can get it running with the fog, it seems very atmospheric. I will try to show this to some people!

thanks man ! really glad you like it , i have a small request to ask you , could you help me solve this issue ?

all fire lights appear with a strong white .. you're help would be really appreciated, this is the only issue holding the release of the mod, i tried to look pretty much everywhere to solve this without success, thanks

thank you for the reply @Benzenzimmern , it's great as always to see you.
you couldn't perhaps put on the good word for us, and help tell the guys at CDPR HQ to unlock the hard coded settings for the game ? so that @essenthy and @KNGRSM can do some proper modding work ?
or maybe release some sort of upgraded Modkit ?

thanks in advance sir :D

Last edited:
@essenthy Hey, I'm sorry if I ask, but this is something that bothers me since the release of the game...have you tried to modify the lighting on cutscenes?
For example, this is Triss in the E3 2014

But now there is this kind of....yellow filter all over the image...that IMHO ruins the image quality. It makes me feel that Triss suffer of a bad form of hepatitis

Last edited:
Top Bottom