[EPILOGUE] Ending cutscene / cinematic discussion

+
With the possible exception of Odo's dog, if you google this subject you will find contingents that support most every other character in the game. Aside from the fact that the assassin WAS a witcher, (mutated eyes), nothing else is known. Evidently, nothing was mentioned in Sapkowski's books either. The sane school of thought seems to be that the only important fact that can be derived from the assassin is that the mutagens enabling witcher skills have been compromised. Geralt did not recover them in time to stop their unauthorized use.

Damn! he's right! I never noticed that because the eyes are like G's. BUT, we must: 1. wait for sequel, or 2. send the devs an Email & ask them, for which you will get - 1. ;)

fiznerpin said:
Damn! he's right! I never noticed that because the eyes are like G's. BUT, we must: 1. wait for sequel, or 2. send the devs an Email & ask them, for which you will get - 1. ;)
I got a dollar two ninety-eight in orens that says the identity of the assassin will NOT be revealed for at least a decade.Think about it.Every forum in the gaming world that covers The Witcher gets at least 1-2 topics per month on this subject. THOUSANDS of people have responded to it. The absolute dumbest thing ANYBODY could do would be to "officially resolve" this question ... and kill forever the TONS of free publicity it generates. Nah. The smart money would be on stringing this thing out until Baby's Are Us starts selling bibs that say "I am The Assassin!" and little cheap plastic sunglasses that make infants look like they got golden Witcher eyes. 8)This thing is bigger than (puts on his best James Earl Jones voice) ... "Luke, I am your father!".If and when they do answer it, it will be because the public demand has mounted so high it will make the interest in "Who shot J.R.?" look like the population who want a sequel to "Meet the Press". :wall:Meanwhile, with Sapkowski's twisted taste for original plot lines, I'm sticking with Odo's shapeshifting dog, forced into a dual existence by a "Werehuman curse" cast upon him by The Wild Hunt in an attempt to pollute the animal's admirable loyalty into something that, like The Wild Hunt's other plaything, Geralt, sows seeds of violence and suffering wherever it goes, regardless of what it does. :evil:From where I'm sitting, it makes as much sense, and has at least an equal chance of coming true, ... as any of the other "solutions". ;)

SnagglyPete said:
Can anyone who was completed the game tell me (SPOILER)............who is the assassin in the final video who dies and gets his arm cutoff by Geralt?
Nobody knows who he is. If you look around, you can probably spend an entire day reading THEORIES of who he is, but nobody KNOWS. Read the threads and chime in -- whatever theory you come up with will be as plausible as any of the others. *smile*

Trughbull said:
..., I'm sticking with Odo's shapeshifting dog, forced into a dual existence by a "Werehuman curse" cast upon him by The Wild Hunt in an attempt to pollute the animal's admirable loyalty into something that, like The Wild Hunt's other plaything, Geralt, sows seeds of violence and suffering wherever it goes, regardless of what it does. :evil:..
... and from there came the expression "sons of ******es" ;Dedit: Oops, I trust I didn't offend anyone.I was talking about Odo's dog. :-[

There are three different possibilities who assasin is.1. He is Witcher from another school.2. He is mutant created by Grand Master of Salamandra.3. He is Geralt himself. I think first theory is not so far from truth. Maybe in next Witcher game we will be able to see witchers from other schools and investigate who assasin was. :)

There are so many threads on this subject already that had you have used the search first, your screen would have exploded.

Corylea said:
Um, why is this thread in PROLOGUE instead of in EPILOGUE?
Because even our trusty moderators can't have their eyes everywhere and didn't get around to moving it yet :)

Nimue said:
Nimue said:
Um, why is this thread in PROLOGUE instead of in EPILOGUE?
Because even our trusty moderators can't have their eyes everywhere and didn't get around to moving it yet :)
Yeah, it's only been running for 32 pages; why bother until it's a LONG thread? :)

Guys, I am DEFINITE he looked exactly like the King!!! I've spend my time playing the ending again and again (just because some of you said I was wrong). He looks exactly like the King! Maybe they will change it in the future, but no matter what, check it out yourselves! Just before seeing his face we see the King and after Geralt reveals the assasin we see the King again. Watch carefullly -it's the same face.

Lately I've been thinking that too (that he looks like the king), but that could just be economy on the art side :)

....and how many times have you seen somebody's twin brother or sister?? Limited number of skins were used. No worries, but look-alikes are not a reliable issue @ this time.

that would be pretty funny. if he's the king then alvin did some really badass teleportation through time that enabled the king-assassin-mutant to exist in the same time-space as the normal king. why not, we could say the king is also alvin and the grandmaster all at the same time (and odo's dog, of course).

Top Bottom