[EPILOGUE] Ending cutscene / cinematic discussion

+
I think Corylea makes very good points. It is very unlikely that he was a product of the Salamandra's experiments--not enough time. It definitely has to be a witcher from one of the other two schools and who knows what's going on with them. That witcher could of just gone rogue and joined some assassin guild or something. Or, maybe one of the other schools has forseen a major problem with the politcal structure that had manifested and had no other choice but to try and dissolve the treatise that had just been established. Definitely can't wait for #2

Yes, it's a good argumentation from Corylea the time line is too short for such a Salamandra result. The idea of the other witcher schools is interesting as well because it is something completely new for a sequel. And it's a clever idea to give a hint what may happen in the continuation. There was a bloody conflict with the cat school which causes battle on Kaer Morhen. I guess it's theme ot the (Polish) Witcher graphic novels?... a shortstory which wasn't translated? Don't remember exactly. But with this theme for a sequel we will learn much more about the Witcher "codex", etc.

that is a veary good point you make there Corylea even the end part of your post And thank you Petra Silie for the info on the shortstory it dose leave thing open one way or the other that is for sure

PetraSilie said:
There was a bloody conflict with the cat school which causes battle on Kaer Morhen. I guess it's theme ot the (Polish) Witcher graphic novels?... a shortstory which wasn't translated? Don't remember exactly.
Really? Wow! That's big news, Petra. You mean the conflict that Vesemir talks about during the Prologue, the one where ordinary folks were stirred up by anti-witcher propaganda? It seems like that would be bad for the Cat School folks, too.... Do you remember what the conflict was about?Maybe I'll go ask more about this in the Sapkowski thread, where those lucky souls who've read the entire series can tell us all about it.Thanks, Petra!

Seeker said:
Plz do that Coryleaand let us know what youfind out ;)
It sounds as if what Petra remembered must have been in the graphic novel, because people who've read the whole series but not the graphic novel(s?) haven't heard of it.Thread here: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=19971.0

ouups, I didn't wanted to cause such a stir ;D but I gave you all info in your thread I found inbetween about it :wave:

PetraSilie said:
ouups, I didn't wanted to cause such a stir ;D but I gave you all info in your thread I found inbetween about it :wave:
It wasn't a BAD stir -- it was exciting new information, and now we know it's from the graphic novel. Whether the folks at CDPR consider the graphic novels to be part of the story or not is an open question ... one that may be answered in the next installment of TW. ;)

mardana said:
Has anyone heard word on a sequel yet? Whats' the scoop?
Just what's in the anniversary video. It has some shots of Geralt, some cutscene excerpts, and some monsters that we've never seen before, but whether they're for an expansion pack, a Witcher II, a console version, or something else, nobody knows. If there's an official announcement, it'll be in the news section on this website, and I'm sure there'll be CONSIDERABLE chatter about it ... I doubt you'll miss it. :D

mardana said:
Has anyone heard word on a sequel yet? Whats' the scoop?EDIT: The Anniversary Video? Where's this?
You missed the anniversary video? :eek: get your excitement There are very short cuttings. The creatures could be a werewolf and the armored hounds or maybe something new. And yeah, there are a few new cuttings of Geralt as well :whistle:

PetraSilie said:
The creatures could be a werewolf and the armored hounds or maybe something new.
Don't forget this fellow:

i don't know if it was already mentioned by someone but that alvin is the grandmaster is almost a fact as there are so many clues directing towards that conclusion.about the identity of the assassin i think, and i don`t really know but i belief vesemir said something about more survivors of the first attack on kaer morhan so maybe one or more of them decided not to go back and start a new witcherbase somewhere else.and maybe killing the king was so because they believed that the redovian king could restore the peace betterhas any of you btw noticed that the kings looks quite older in the final scene compared to the last time you saw him?

gamewidow said:
i'm afraid it has been mentioned by hundreds of people, if not thousands :peace:
Or maybe by hundreds of people thousands of times. :D There's a very long thread on the question, if you'd like to read it!

Was this quote necessary? :hmmm:I don't think a witcher is interested to interfere in political cases of kings and realms. Kaer Morhen is a fortress in Kaedwen which is ruled by king Henselt. In Price of Neutrality we learn the witchers don't want to meddle with the "royal problems" including the Ademeyns, etc. They just got involved because they were afraid of bad consequences from Henselt.I don't know whether there are other Witcher fortresses in other realms. But I don't think any other Witcher associations want to overtrow a king. Maybe the assassin (who is a witcher) had personal reason or was hired (similar situation as with Berengar) :whatthe:

Incest? Indeed I was a bit amazed that a king wasn't dethroned because he slept with his sister. And moreover "the thing she gave birth to" slaughtered many innocent poeple. Maybe at that time the moral point of view was a bit different :whistle:

PetraSilie said:
Incest? Indeed I was a bit amazed that a king wasn't dethroned because he slept with his sister. And moreover "the thing she gave birth to" slaughtered many innocent poeple. Maybe at that time the moral point of view was a bit different :whistle:
But, who has the power to dethrone a king?

Top Bottom