[EPILOGUE] Final battle

+
[EPILOGUE] Final battle

I cannot defeat the Grand Master. I have tried the silver sword, the steel sword, strong style, group attack etc. Yes,I defeat the mutants and remain at full health to the cut scene with the GM. Then Geralt seems to lose all his abilities to move .One tactic that I used to defeat Javed was to flee once my health was low and hide in the shadows and patiently wait.But that tactic doesn't seem to be an option here.I've gotten this far and I am at the 41 degree witcher. HELP !!!! Nothing seems to help - Itox up to the max with "swallow" , "Tawny Owl" , and "anti knock-down/stun" potions but still lose easily.What am I missing? Any and all suggestions, comments, help, directions, would be appreciated before May 31st - my self imposed deadline for removeable an unfinished game from my harddrive.[size=10pt][size=10pt] :wall:[/size][/size]

Use strong style on the Grand Master and also use Aride on him (cant remember right now how it spelled) to knock him down and stun him a bit.Use your best Steel sword him if you can try to stay away from the thing he congers up.if you find yourself fight them switch to your silver sword fast Ones you get that tactic down a bit its not that hard.

I find Sigil Makham sword really worked but If you want to kill all the monsters or collect the teeth fr the dentist, or do both so you can get the really good silver and steel sword. :p

Steel sword - it cleans up the little minion wretches perfectly fine.If they swarm hit up group style and don't let the Grandmaster move. Slam the GM with Strong and intermittently blast with Igni - now my Igni was maxed at the time with incineration so it was knocking him for 230 damage + burning -- the bulk of the damage I dealt to him was via Igni. Try to go into the battle with Swallow, Tawny and Shrike (Shrike if you are struggling, and you are)Don't forget Willow and pack a Blizzard in case you start to struggle. If things look bad, pull up a Quen, chug Blizzard and unleash. I also coated my steel with a Perun (sp?) rune, the red magic rune.If you haven't tried it yet a Wolf potion may be an option as well -- critical hits hurt a lot. Best of luck. ^^

grandmaster is much easier than you think Killing the koschey is harder and the Beast was even harder [for me at least] Kill mutants using gruoup style---it happens for several seconds, then you may kill the efreet. After that use strong style on the grandmaster, i even did not use a rune or diamond dust. he is not hard at all. :)

If you REALLY need to, go in with 10 white raffords and some white honey. Use Tawney owl and swallow, then when you're low on health, cast quen and chug a white raffords. When your toxicity is too high, quen and chug down white honey + swallow + tawny owl and rinse and repeat.

I always completely ignore the ifrit. just concentrate on the grand master, using the steel sword and i also always have G'walhir by now (from the dentist) which i use hanged man's venom on preferentially. i've never had a problem and i'm also usually around level 40-42 when i do the GM

HiI too ignored the fire imps and just swung at the GM with strong steel with diamond dust, kept blasting him with igni, plus I'd previously taken tawny owl and wolf to increase critical hits in combat. I found that the imps didn't actually damage me that much and didn't stop me getting to GM.

Hi - First and foremost, I would like very much to thank all who were so kind andnice enough to reply to my post. I only wish I could show my appreciation to each of you. You really are a great group and if I may, I would like to considerall as my friends.Unfortunately, I have a very short fuse and I didn't have the patience nor timeto wait out the rather long load time. I was not able to complete the game becauseI either did not have a particular item in inventory; deleted previous saved games so I couldn't go back and get the item; or everytime I did damage to the GM and thoughtat last I got him, he froze me and regained his health resulting in yet another reboot.Instead, I will wait until the next "patch" is issued and reportedly it cuts down on the long load times considerably Instead, I will start a new Witcher story.With much appreciation:Saul

I too was under the impression that EE was improved content as in Dialogue and character models and that the patch 1.3 was to be the solution to long loading times.

Hey Gang:It seems that I, Captain Chaos, has struck again. Please allow me toclarify what I kinda remember reading on the Witcher web site.I thought that I read that a new Witcher, Gold edition if you will, would be marketed soon with additional tasks, maps,improved dialogue, additional characters, and additional patches. It's purpose is to save existing players from having to buy the same basic game twice and allow enjoyment for new Witchers. It was my understanding that CDPROJEKT would e-mail registered owners and allow a free download of the new content into the existing game and that download would include drastically reduced load time between sequences .Those of you who posted that the 1.3 patch reduced the load time are quite correct. But that was not my reference.Load time with the 1.3 patch is still long and still interfers with the enjoyment of the game.But then again, what do I know? I am admittedly only a lame gamer at best and I couldn't even defeat the GM.I hope this explaination helps clarify what I meant by a previous post. In the mean time, I have unstalled Witcher from my system because it is a bit of a system hog and took up a large amount of harddrive space. I will reinstall Witcher if and when that I think will happen actually happens.Thank you again,Saul

Hoo boy! And I thought killing Javed was difficult. That was until I tackled De Aldersberg. I made quick work of his mutants but when it came to the ifrits and De Aldersberg himself, well, I just get defeated in no time, over and over. I realise I have to keep switching between the steel and silver swords. Maybe my fingers aren't nimble enough. Fiuthermore, I have tried all sorts of potions, oils and bombs but to no avail. It seems as if I am clueless. Maybe I dont have the right potions, oils and bombs in my inventory. Very frustrating!

What is your level? I used strong style steel, a Swallow, a Shrike and Willow. As bladecoating I had brownoil or Perun runestone and I used Igni to roast de Aldersberg.

PetraSilie said:
What is your level? I used strong style steel, a Swallow, a Shrike and Willow. As bladecoating I had brownoil or Perun runestone and I used Igni to roast de Aldersberg.
I am only level 36 (maybe I am not on a high enough level). What I can't understand, is that I get to a stage in the battle ( approx. half vitality) where I right click but my signs don't work and I also have difficulty in moving Geralt.

I'm not sure what level i reach by the end of the game (i do every quest possible etc, so it's probably one of the highest) but both times i've completed the game the Grand Master has fallen in basically a single comboMahakaman Rune Sihill (+100% damage, penetrates armor) with Perun Rune Stone (+100% damage, +60% attack efficiency) and a full run through of the highest level Strong combo. Each single hit does upwards of 300-400+ damage, so he falls easily :peace:I think the King of the Wild Hunt takes one and a half combos, with said equipment.

Xellotath said:
I'm not sure what level i reach by the end of the game (i do every quest possible etc, so it's probably one of the highest) but both times i've completed the game the Grand Master has fallen in basically a single comboMahakaman Rune Sihill (+100% damage, penetrates armor) with Perun Rune Stone (+100% damage, +60% attack efficiency) and a full run through of the highest level Strong combo. Each single hit does upwards of 300-400+ damage, so he falls easily :peace:I think the King of the Wild Hunt takes one and a half combos, with said equipment.
But I don't have those runes. Anyway how would I use them without a blacksmith or armourer? and don't they only work on silver? (ps, excuse my ignorance)

Those rune stones are temporary effect items that you apply yourself, not the sun / moon runes used to create silver rune blades. :peace:perun is of course the rarest in the game, i only remember getting two.

Top Bottom