[Epilogue] Help! Stuck on my first playthrough close to the end!

+
[Epilogue] Help! Stuck on my first playthrough close to the end!

Hi folks, this is my first playthrough of the Witcher and so far I have loved every second of it! Unfortunately, I think I have run into a nasty bug. In the epilogue, after defeating Siegfried, I cannot advance! From spoiler sites I believe a peasant is supposed to emerge from a house and invite me inside, but no one ever comes, and all "clickable" doors are locked. My quest log says I must advance through the sewers, but I have nowhere to go... I have tried to advance many times, replaying from the koschey onward but it always gets hung here. I really don't want to abandon such a great game so close to the end, any ideas? Is this a known bug? Is there a workaround?

Forum veteran
Ok, from the spoiler, the peasant should be standing left of the position from where Siegfried is.You should have no trouble finding him as he is just outside his door... it's at the end of the alley where it's a dead end.Look for it and you should be fine. Hope this helps. :peace:

Yeah, I watched a youtube of the epilogue so I know where he -should- be.... Unfortunately, there is no one there at all. I tried waiting around outside the door where he is supposed to spawn to no avail. This is with the very latest patch.

Forum veteran
Have you tried loading a previous save from before exiting onto the battlefield?It might set you back a bit, but may solve the problem. :peace:

Yeah, I have replayed Act V from the Koschey forward several times, and this damnable peasant never spawns on the vizima map.

I'm soooooooo close... its so frustrating. I already had to cheat once when I encountered another game breaking bug... King Foltest's chambers remained locked even after I spoke with Triss, Vel, and De Wett, and the courtier told me to go visit him... so I had to give myself his bedroom key to advance the game.

No one has run into this before? Aieeeegh do I need to start a whole new game so close to the end? Does anyone have an epilogue save with the neutral path + Triss?

have you killed /all/ the greater brothers and mutants around? if there's still one hanging around that might be holding you up .. that's all i can think of :peace:

Forum veteran
Another point is that you need to try to engage in dialog with everyone around. Though, I don't remember anyone being around at that point...Still, have a look will you? This is a really, really, really annoying problem. :peace:

hairrorist, that sounds really annoying :( I haven't seen that before, but if you're interested, you could shoot it through to me and I'll give it a bit of a test run to see what I can see (PM me if you'd like to start with that and I'll send you my email address).Is there anybody in your immediate vicinity to talk to? :(edit: also, as a last-ditch resort if you do have a bug, instead of starting over you could post your game choices and details in the Savegame Market and someone should be able to send you along a fairly compatible save to get you on your way :)

hairrorist said:
Yeah, I have replayed Act V from the Koschey forward several times, and this damnable peasant never spawns on the vizima map.
Hmm. Let me check this out in Djinni. It's possible that we could change his file in some way so as to force him to spawn.

Yeah, I'll send you a copy... its such a bizarre problem...I did kill all the mutants and no one is around to talk to except triss, and she just says "We have to hurry!"

Looking at the quest in Djinni, if you're on the neutral path (which I gather you are, if you have Triss with you), it looks as if the guy doesn't spawn until you've settled things with Siegfried. According to the quest file, this phase of the quest starts when Geralt encounters Siegfried, who says, "Move, Geralt, I don't want to fight," and Geralt replies, "Then don't force me." Siegfried responds, "Stand aside. I have my orders. We must save this kingdom."Geralt then has the option of saying either, "By turning civilians into food for mutants?" (which leads to a fight with Siegfried) or "Then leave the civilians alone and fight the real enemy" (which leads to Siegfried going off to kill Scoia'tael). If Geralt chooses the latter, then he and Siegfried both warn the common people to run away.If Geralt chooses the fighting option, then he has to kill Siegfried and three Greater Brothers. After this, he must talk to Triss, who will say, "The Order shows its true face." Geralt will reply, "The Grand Master must feel confident." It's saying this line to Triss that updates the quest to the next stage, where the guy who guides you to the basement is. Did you go through this line of dialogue already?The thing that seems to cue the next stage is a script, q6001_3_tk, that's run after the dealing-with-Siegfried phase is over. So I'm thinking that we could try cueing that script from Triss's conversation instead of from the quest log and see how that works.(The problem with making changes to the game after it's in progress is that some things are fixed at the time the game starts. You can't change quests or areas, but you can change conversations, which is why I'm hoping that running that script from Triss's conversation could fix your problem.)

Top Bottom