[EPILOGUE] OK... This is Just Stupid...

+
[EPILOGUE] OK... This is Just Stupid...

I have been running around the *()*&@? Icy Plains for a half hour now, taking a beating from the fire critters and not finding any way out or through. What am I missing? I've read the posts that say "just keep walking around and you'll find the path", but this is no fun at all, and I'm about to uninstall...Thanx.J

At what point on the Icy Plains are you exactly? Has the path started to go up the mountain slope? The entire area is supposed to be pretty straightforward. I suppose you're at the very beginning, because that's when the fire demons attack...

wow. cant imagine its possible to stuck in there.here you have a map. not much to say about it, its very simple.http://www.gamebanshee.com/thewitcher/walkthrough/frozenreflections.php

Thanx for the map (and spoilers!), but I still cannot find any way through to location #3. Nothing works, and I simply run around until I die. I see three groups of ice columns, and I can`t get through any of them. The centre group seems to be steaming, but no matter how much I attack them with Ignii, nothing happens, and eventually the fire crittters burn me to a crisp.Like I said... no fun... about to uninstall...J

Ah, that's the thing -- the ice columns are scripted to break when you approach them, after some dialogue. Try approaching them from different angles, or load an earlier save from the Epilogue, if necessary.

It ain't working. I have loaded two different saves and run around here for far too long, and I still can't get through. There's no dialogue, just the Quest update.Apparently my game is bugged.Thanx anyway.J

Pity, but don't give the game the axe just on this account.How far back did you re-load to?Also, some scripted icebergs will only break once you have killed the beasts in your way. But I am assuming that since you are running around aimlessly, there isn't any monsters around huh?

Yes, the fire critters are there -- they keep burning me up as I run around trying to find the way out. I can't damage them except, seemingly, using Ignii(?!), but that doesn't hurt them much -- certainly not enough to get rid of them before I'm incinerated.I tried reloading from the entrance to the GM's chambers, as well as just after I went through all the dialogue before he teleports away.As for giving the game "the axe", I don't feel like going back any further, much less starting a whole new game, so what are my other choices?Thanx.J

basically, once Geralt gets to the ice plains, he is already "facing" in the right direction, just keep going that way and ever go back :peace:

That's my problem: I can't go forward. The ice columns won't shatter and let me through like they're apparently supposed to, and so I just keep running around till the fire critters burn me up.Thanx anyway!J

You should be able to kill the fire critters with your sword. Perhaps you can't get through until they're gone. Are you playing on hard? On medium, they haven't been that tough. If you've gotten as far as the ice plains, you've killed MUCH more difficult creatures already, and you must already know about Swallow and Full Moon and all that stuff.And don't forget blade enhancements -- a stone or some oil can help lots.

DOH!Why didn't anybody say so in the first place? :eek:I had tried several times to fight them, but it seemed I wasn't doing any damage. Then I thought that the hint meant I should ignore anything I met and just keep going. So... :wall:Thanx, all... game now complete! :)J

uncajerf said:
DOH!Why didn't anybody say so in the first place? :eek:
I think most of us assumed that of course you were trying to kill them with your sword -- that's what Geralt does. Then I reread what you'd said in response to other people and decided I'd better make sure that you really were trying to kill them.
Thanx, all... game now complete! :)
You're welcome. Now you get to play it again, making different choices than the ones you made the first time. You didn't think you were DONE, did you? :D

OKAaaaayyyyyy then! How did he get this far in the game? :whatthe: Should know to kill monsters and how already in order to advance through doors/interact with items, etc. :wall: :whatthe: I'm sorry :eek: Couldn't help myself, laughing hysterically and now "this stupid" thread lives on longer. My bad :-[ What was he smoking? :hmmm:

Hmm. I'm a little flabbergasted too.It seems that you can't take anything for granted when helping someone else solve a strange "bug".I have no idea why you wouldn't try to kill the ifrits with a sword. Umm, they are beings of FIRE thus IGNI, a fire-based spell, won't do squat!Some people don't spend enough time trying the plainy OBVIOUS before posting a "bug", or posting asking for help "solving" a quest.I have no problems handing out advise, but PLEASE people, try a bit harder to tackle the problem before calling anything in the Witcher "stupid".

Top Bottom