[EPILOGUE] Question - spoiler

+
Goblotta said:
I thought Geralt's surprise was just that he saw that it was another Witcher, not that it was necessarily someone he knew. Remember that there are very few Witchers left.
He was surprised because Witchers have a rule, they aren't allowed to attack other Witchers and this mysterious one did. That's what I think anyway. And of course because there's few Witchers left.

That is truly one reason for Geralt's surprise but I think there is more behind it, I think it's somehone he knows and who is probably a good friend of Geralt not an unknown witcher. That would be a bit bland and creates no excitement for... a sequel.

littleladyred said:
littleladyred said:
I thought Geralt's surprise was just that he saw that it was another Witcher, not that it was necessarily someone he knew. Remember that there are very few Witchers left.
He was surprised because Witchers have a rule, they aren't allowed to attack other Witchers and this mysterious one did. That's what I think anyway. And of course because there's few Witchers left.
Technically, Geralt attacked him.

Hamenaglar said:
Technically, Geralt attacked him.
He only discovered he was a Witcher when he looked into his eyes after having killed him, so he attacked thinking it was a normal assassin. There is a possibility this Witcher might have known him as he goes for his bad leg if I remember correctly.

the assasin is a witcher from cat school, and he didnt attacked Geralt, if u look closely, u can find that the assasin witcher avoided killing Geralt first...he started knock the fuck out all the guards stealthy..than he waited until Geralt was out of range and jump on the king's head.....unfortunately Geralt is Geralt...lol and started hit the assassin before he could have kill Foltest...so yes, the assasin is a witcher because didnt attacked Geralt, he only defended himself from him (Geralt didnt noticedhe was a witcher anyway...)The fact that the assasin almost killed Geralt (if Geralt didnt throw out the pocket with coins in the assasin face, he probably could have been really in trouble..) lead me to think that he know about Geralt leg....hmmmm interesting!!!

No one expected it....witchers are made to protect humans (but to kill them too...it depend on the goals)... so he defended Foltest :) lolol dont forget that the King is still a font of tons orens for Geralt :p

What is if the assassin had killed Foltest and Geralt wouldnt have noticed the assassin. The outcome would be that someone had slaughterd the bodyguard of the king and Foltest himself. The attacker would have had a razor sharp blade and he would have to have been a very good fighter, and the last person to see Foltest alive is Geralt. Ou and he fits the description quite well. And he carries 8000 orens in his pocket (welll my geralt had 18000 orens at the end of the game, but thats a different story entirely). What if the King and the Witcher would have had an argument about the payment? Sounds like Geralt would have been very much in trouble if he hadnt killed the assassin.

What reasons do they give for this mention?@EglardIf it turns out like your assumption, the assassin should have escaped without leaving a trace after he killed the king. Sure he found a way to get into the castle and no one noticed it. But the assault (and fight with Geralt) causes a lot of noises.Money as a motive for murdering? I don't think Geralt (and Witchers in general) are the type of people who break an agreement / promise unless it's something really severe ;)

Ofcourse he cant get out unnoticed if he fights against Geralt. But if Geralt hadnt noticed him the assassin would probably have made his way out from the castle unnoticed. We all know that Geralt is not a person who would kill humans for money, but do you really think that the citizen and nobles of Vizima would agree with us? Most of them hate witchers, or atleast dont trust them. Im not saying that the motive for the assassination attemp is to make Geralt look guilty. It is more like a side effect, and a pleasant one to the one who sent the assassin.Radovid could have probably sent the assassin, because he new a lot about Salamandra and might have had accses to the witchers secrets (assuming that the assassin would have been created form the stolen secrets). He would also want to take the throne from Foltest as quickly as possible, but I dont think that an assassination would benefit him in the long run. It would be more likely that Temeria would fall into civil war and that the alliance between Temeria and Redeinia would have fallen to peices. This would give the edge to those Nilfgardian savages :). Anyway I am hoping for a sequel. I cant wait the release, and if they wont release a sequel I will go MAD!!!! Or atleast have a few frosty beers :beer:

@EglardMoney as a motive is IMO still too shallow even if the average poeple tend to avart the blame for everything on non-humans including Witchers. But the motive "out of sheer greed" used so many times, it's not thrilling anymore.
Radovid could have probably sent the assassin, because he new a lot about Salamandra and might have had accses to the witchers secrets (assuming that the assassin would have been created form the stolen secrets). He would also want to take the throne from Foltest as quickly as possible, but I dont think that an assassination would benefit him in the long run. It would be more likely that Temeria would fall into civil war and that the alliance between Temeria and Redeinia would have fallen to peices. This would give the edge to those Nilfgardian savages
This sounds more thrilling. I think Radovid is capable of pulling the strings of such an assassination.... someone who complots sth and has no scruple to deal with criminals like the Salamandras :whatthe: But as you said he has no benefits from it. At any rate it's an authority who is behind an attack on the king of Temeria. We didn't learn about other head of states so far.

littleladyred said:
People mentioned the assassin wearing some kind of snake pendant? That was never shown in the movie.
This is True it not in the end movie at all .This idea was taken form one of the Art works that the Red Team put out some time back Now who he is will depend on TW2.

ok ... completed the game.. well the movie is worth the effort to complete. BTW my take on the assasin witcher... is definetly Alvin. I dont think Jacque is Alvin. The assasin only wanted to kill the king and avoided Geralt. But too bad Geralt's instinct over the stealth of that assasin..

A couple of thoughts about the ending movie.First is that, whoever this person is, what are their reasons for trying to kill King Foltest? What's their motive? Of course there could be dozens of reasons when you're talking about a *King*, but it would have to be related to our game/story, or it would not make much sense at all (less than it does now). Why Foltest, not Radovid, as one example.Second, we all see the same ending movie no matter what decisions you made during your game play. Bear that fact in mind when you speculate who the person is. Whoever it is, it has to be unrelated and separate from any Scoia'tel/Order/Neutral paths within the game but also satisfy all the ways you can play game. See what I'm saying? And again, why would this person want to kill a King.

Top Bottom