[EPILOGUE] Triss Merigold

+
[EPILOGUE] Triss Merigold

I kind of took it personally when Triss stood by the king rather than spending her life with Geralt. I'm annoyed because throughout the game she goes out of her way to make you do things her way and then she ditches you. She better make up for it in the sequel!!

I was really unhappy with how much she ordered Geralt around, how she told him how to behave at the banquet as if he were a child, and generally treated him with a lack of respect. I liked Shani better, but I didn't want Geralt to put her in danger, and he knew he would if he ended up with her.I think maybe Touvriel would be better for him than Triss OR Shani.

Triss is a member of the Lodge of Sorceresses (right spelling? o_O ) an organisation of mighty sorceresses who have an strong impact on political cases (want to have it), many of them are advisor of kings and high representives. Some of them probably have here their priorities towards private relationships... like Triss.If you choose Shani over Triss she acts more cold blooded -.-
Corylea said:
I think maybe Touvriel would be better for him than Triss OR Shani.
*signed*

Corylea said:
I was really unhappy with how much she ordered Geralt around, how she told him how to behave at the banquet as if he were a child, and generally treated him with a lack of respect. ...
She knew the old Geralt. After rescuing him at the swamp tower, she probed his mind.Perhaps she didn't find much there. She probably thought that she needed to push him harder to accelerate his recovery.I recall that up to that point in the game, in the "Identity" quest, Geralt had not made much progress.

Corylea said:
I was really unhappy with how much she ordered Geralt around, how she told him how to behave at the banquet as if he were a child, and generally treated him with a lack of respect. I liked Shani better, but I didn't want Geralt to put her in danger, and he knew he would if he ended up with her.I think maybe Touvriel would be better for him than Triss OR Shani.
Shani kind of got on my nerves because she seemed WAY to childish and liked drama whereas Triss was too demanding. Touruviel was GORGEOUS and bold. I liked her a lot.

The choice between Shani and Triss was hard. But after I decided to go with Triss I realy enjoyed her company (especially in the end).
Corylea said:
I was really unhappy with how much she ordered Geralt around, how she told him how to behave at the banquet as if he were a child, and generally treated him with a lack of respect.
Geralt is a bit grumbly and at the banquet she pushes him to do uncomfortable necessities, almost like a wife. Their strengths match perfectly imo.

heckxyes said:
heckxyes said:
Shani kind of got on my nerves because she seemed WAY to childish and liked drama whereas Triss was too demanding. Touruviel was GORGEOUS and bold. I liked her a lot.
Shani:I suppose she has some sides that aren't optimal either, but for a romance she is most definately the far better choice! Unlike Triss I really had the impression that she really likes Geralt.Triss:When seeing the cutsceen between 2nd and 3rd chapter for the second time, I had the strong impression she sees people like tools in order to support her goals. At the banquet it seems as well that she uses others, too. She maybe the better choice to protect Alwin - though she failed with it in the end - but I doubt the player can really trust her.Touruviel:Yes, I like Touruviel, too. It's very pity Geralt can not have a romance with her instead! ::) On the other hand the other Elf girl was very nice, too.

First time I played through I was impressed that Shani quit at the hospital to take care of Alvin. My current playthrough I choose to go with Triss thinking she would be even better for Alvin but she is rarely at home and the attitude change I saw in Alvin when he was with Triss vs Shani amazed me. I would agree Triss only uses people as tools to advance her agenda and I would question if she really cares about Alvin as a child and a human or just as a power source to be used.

Aryon69 said:
First time I played through I was impressed that Shani quit at the hospital to take care of Alvin. My current playthrough I choose to go with Triss thinking she would be even better for Alvin but she is rarely at home and the attitude change I saw in Alvin when he was with Triss vs Shani amazed me. I would agree Triss only uses people as tools to advance her agenda and I would question if she really cares about Alvin as a child and a human or just as a power source to be used.
Shani seems happy for you to spoil Alvin and Triss likes it if you're strict but apart from obvious dialogue differences I didn't notice much change in Alvin's attitude regarding who he stayed with.Also Triss only leaves Alvin alone at home because of the meetings with Levaarden (howeveryouspellit) which are helping Geralt as well as her own agendas.When you get far enough in she starts staying home.

Ya I didn't notice a change in Triss staying home more. Then again I pretty much stopped going to her house to meditate after awhile. It is possible that the changes I saw in Alvin were not really there I don't know will see on my next playthrough. One thing I do know is I prefer Shani over Triss without a doubt.

I thought Triss was a lot more adult than Shahi and a deeper character. As for Toruviel when Geralt meets her in the Valley of the flowers it is not exactly a joyous occassion.So I dont think he would fall for her.

There is the fact that Shani basically stays home permanently to take care of Alvin, whereas Triss is always just saying "the boy's asleep" and doing as she pleases, which includes staying up until 4 am every morning and lolling in bed half the day while Alvin amuses himself alone.not much of a care-giver ... but I still tend to go with her because I just can't deal with the "Speak! and get out of my sight" greeting if I don't -- at least when Shani's mad at Geralt he can just stay the heck away ;)

Top Bottom