[EPILOGUE] Triss Merigold

+
It feels to me as if Shani is interested in Geralt the man, and Triss is interested in Geralt the Witcher. Part of me thinks it would be very good for Geralt to have someone who cares about him only as a person, not as a mutated superhero. Part of me thinks that since Geralt IS a witcher, Triss would be better able to understand what his life is actually like than Shani would. At the end of the day, I want him to have Triss AND Shani, because it seems as if each of them fulfills needs that the other can't even begin to comprehend.

Corylea said:
It feels to me as if Shani is interested in Geralt the man, and Triss is interested in Geralt the Witcher. Part of me thinks it would be very good for Geralt to have someone who cares about him only as a person, not as a mutated superhero. Part of me thinks that since Geralt IS a witcher, Triss would be better able to understand what his life is actually like than Shani would. At the end of the day, I want him to have Triss AND Shani, because it seems as if each of them fulfills needs that the other can't even begin to comprehend.
Strange, I thought it was the exact opposite. It's because he has more of a personality than other witchers, and the fact that he IS a witcher, that makes him unable to have a normal relationship, which would kinda mean he can't truly be with any number of women because that's just the kind of situation he's in. But that's just my thought.

tlowey said:
I thought Triss was a lot more adult than Shahi and a deeper character. As for Toruviel when Geralt meets her in the Valley of the flowers it is not exactly a joyous occassion.So I dont think he would fall for her.
I agree with you. When I first saw how Shani demanded me to give her a kiss after she made several statements about Triss that seemed to compare to Geralt, I was like... Yea, that's a 'no' to you. But then when I went with Triss and saw how she bossed me around I remember thinking I made the biggest mistake. However, I wonder how Triss would have acted at the end of the game if I had supported the Flaming Rose rather than the elves.

I kinda liked triss at first, but as the story went, I felt there was something evil about her, like she was a "bad guy". Maybe it was the way she looked or the talk in the mirror she tried to hide from geralt. But in the end it turns out she was right about alvin being bad news. *shrugs*

Actually Geralt in the book loves another woman, also a sorceress ( I forgot her name). And by the way Triss is just 1 woman in the game, Geralt slept with many others. That's what I like about this game. The relationships are very real. Geralt is no the kind of person who takes the life full of routines. He's a wanderer. He understands that and so does Triss or Shani. It's a pity that they don't have a collection of sex cards for us to view in the game. And Geralt always asks for orens but he has no use for it, especially the 8000 sum the king promises( Geralt threw at the assassin). May be we can have it in the beginning of the sequel????

viet1125 said:
And Geralt always asks for orens but he has no use for it, especially the 8000 sum the king promises( Geralt threw at the assassin). May be we can have it in the beginning of the sequel????
Well, Geralt always travels with his horse, Roach, and since we didn't see him in the game, Geralt must have been boarding him while he was in Vizima. Do you know how expensive it can be to board a horse? I bet some of that money is already spoken for. :)

since during the game intro, Geralt is found unconscious in the woods in Kaer Morhen Valley, sans horse, i think it is relatively safe to say that he is horseless for the game. So not boarding an animal anywhere. The books I've read suggest that he makes no special arrangements either, but then again, there are only 2 books currently available in languages i can read effectively....And before some of you jump on me about the ending cutscene during Dandelion's recap, where we see Geralt leading a horse away ... nowhere on that screen does it say he is leading the horse away from Vizima, it's just a "future" shot, presumably once he replaces hernote: Roach is always the name Geralt gives to his horse, and he prefers mares

gamewidow said:
since during the game intro, Geralt is found unconscious in the woods in Kaer Morhen Valley, sans horse, i think it is relatively safe to say that he is horseless for the game.
Vesemir gave Geralt a sword and jacket he didn't have at the beginning of the game; perhaps Geralt took a horse, too. We know they had a horse, because one is pulling the cart that they pick Geralt up in. Since they're abandoning Kaer Morhen, they wouldn't leave anything living behind.
gamewidow said:
....And before some of you jump on me about the ending cutscene during Dandelion's recap, where we see Geralt leading a horse away ... nowhere on that screen does it say he is leading the horse away from Vizima, it's just a "future" shot, presumably once he replaces her
That's the shot I was thinking of, that made me think he was boarding a horse in Vizima. I thought there was a clear implication that he was leaving Vizima then, but I guess I have to bow to the knowledge of the person who's played the game 20+ times. *smile*

reasonable point, but there are 4 witchers , one sorceress (who admittedly needs no beast for travel) and a single horse. I think it would be rude of the "younger" witchers to make poor old Vesemir walk :)

gamewidow said:
reasonable point, but there are 4 witchers , one sorceress (who admittedly needs no beast for travel) and a single horse. I think it would be rude of the "younger" witchers to make poor old Vesemir walk :)
*laugh* Poor old Vesemir! That's cute.I guess it depends on where they got the horse in the first place. After Geralt was killed, what happened to the horse he had then? I suppose someone could have stolen her, or one of his friends could have kept her, or she could have been taken to Kaer Morhen with the rest of his effects.I agree that we don't know definitively that he did have a horse in Vizima, but I don't think we know definitively that he didn't have one, either. This is probably the very smallest of the mysteries surrounding Geralt. :)

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
since during the game intro, Geralt is found unconscious in the woods in Kaer Morhen Valley, sans horse, i think it is relatively safe to say that he is horseless for the game.
Vesemir gave Geralt a sword and jacket he didn't have at the beginning of the game; perhaps Geralt took a horse, too. We know they had a horse, because one is pulling the cart that they pick Geralt up in. Since they're abandoning Kaer Morhen, they wouldn't leave anything living behind.
But we see Geralt walking away from Kaer Morhen - sans horse - and later we see him arriving in the outskirts - still sans horse. At the end of Chapter One he fetches Shani from the inn, but he doesn't collect a horse from the stables, and when he arrives in Vizima, he still doesn't have a horse.So whatever happened to the carthorse, Geralt didn't get it.
Corylea said:
....And before some of you jump on me about the ending cutscene during Dandelion's recap, where we see Geralt leading a horse away ... nowhere on that screen does it say he is leading the horse away from Vizima, it's just a "future" shot, presumably once he replaces her
That's the shot I was thinking of, that made me think he was boarding a horse in Vizima. I thought there was a clear implication that he was leaving Vizima then, but I guess I have to bow to the knowledge of the person who's played the game 20+ times. *smile*
Perhaps he bought the horse with some of the king's money? After all, he flung it at the assassin, but he could have picked it up afterwards.

SimonBrooke said:
But we see Geralt walking away from Kaer Morhen - sans horse - and later we see him arriving in the outskirts - still sans horse.
Do we? I"ll have to go back and look again. I thought we saw the witchers gathered around Leo's pyre, Geralt saying good-bye to Triss, and the other witchers bidding one another good-bye in the background. I don't remember seeing Geralt start to walk down a road.
SimonBrooke said:
At the end of Chapter One he fetches Shani from the inn, but he doesn't collect a horse from the stables, and when he arrives in Vizima, he still doesn't have a horse.
Well, Vizima was right there -- there wasn't really any journey to get there. I think you and game widow are probably right, and he didn't have one, but if he did, leaving it in the Outskirts would make more sense than taking it into the city.
SimonBrooke said:
Perhaps he bought the horse with some of the king's money? After all, he flung it at the assassin, but he could have picked it up afterwards.
I should hope he would have picked it up afterwards -- he's been grubbing for orens for the entire game; surely picking them up off of the floor wouldn't be beneath him!That's probably the best explanation of his having a horse at the end of the game -- trust you to come up with the theory that makes the most sense. *smile*

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
At the end of Chapter One he fetches Shani from the inn, but he doesn't collect a horse from the stables, and when he arrives in Vizima, he still doesn't have a horse.
Well, Vizima was right there -- there wasn't really any journey to get there. I think you and game widow are probably right, and he didn't have one, but if he did, leaving it in the Outskirts would make more sense than taking it into the city.
After everyone had been killed so there was no-one left to feed the horse?

SimonBrooke said:
SimonBrooke said:
SimonBrooke said:
After everyone had been killed so there was no-one left to feed the horse?
It's not true that everyone has been killed. There's nobody in the streets, but if you go into the houses, some of those people are still there. Vesna's grandma is still thanking me for protecting her granddaughter, so Vesna must have survived. Vesna seems like a nice woman, the type to have pity on an animal, and we showed her rather a good time, if I do say so myself :), so I think she'd feed Roach for us. :)

well, not strictly speaking .. but yes, the end is not appreciably different. The political landscape changes but further events are left fairly open to interpretation

[Yes, I like Touruviel, too. It's very pity Geralt can not have a romance with her instead! ::) On the other hand the other Elf girl was very nice, too. [/QUOTE]ahaha Are u joking???Toruviel is a badass elf, no more no less than Yaevinn...elf in this game ar epathetic....u should look the books to see how the REAL elves are...cold blooded, murderers , superb to the humans, childsh-like when talking about humans , and they think they are the most powerfull race in the world...but they are also brave skilled fighters , they have the druids (i love druids)and dont lets forget that humans started it...but the elves are no more good of humans...there is afeud with elf and humans...it will never end..Toruviel murdered also civilians (alongside with Yaevinn) in the previous war, and DONT FORGET THAT RUSTY (THE FRIEND PARAMEDIC OF SHANI) STOPPED HER FROM KILLING WOUNDED HUMANS....i think id said it all....now come here and cry like child...u gracious elf supporters... (remember, this is not lord of the rings, in The Witcher elves are not good..no one is good here...its only about the lesser evil..) ;D ;D ;DMy 50 bucks go on Triss Merigold, because she remember me about Yennefer...and also saved Geralt tons of time (even in the pogrom of Rivia...but he died anyway, but got resurrected by Yenenfer, the head of lodge of sorceress, but she died in the process)

elves, humans, i'm the guy with the silver sword...ahem, now that i got that out of my system... for the most part, lead women in witcherverse seem to be quite reasonable and generally making Geralt's life easier, the only real case where one of them overreacts and tosses logic to the wind is Shani, if you send Alvin to Triss... she gives you no chance to explain why you did it, no benefit of doubt, nothing, its as if you just run her mother through with your sword or somethingyeah, Triss has a similar reaction if you send Alvin to Shani, but at least she has the excuse that Alvin is in fact a potential threat for the city (not to mention her own plans and the agenda of the LoS)in any case, while both women may truly care about Geralt as more than a witcher or a casual lover, Triss can clearly not be trusted to put her own agenda on hold for him (unless of course it somehow helps her agenda) ...i believe geralt is perfectly aware of that, they understand each other and make no real pretenses about their relationshipon the other hand, Geralt at times gets a bit too domestic

Top Bottom