[EPILOGUE] Triss Merigold

+
*necros dying thread*As I know that Triss loved Geralt from the books, I decided to choose her every time. Shani seems a little too ... common (?) for me anyway.

Yes Triss really loved Geralt. Shani was just curious to learn this prickle when a Witcher (the White Wolf) touches her. But in the books she was quite young that time, a student at the Oxenfurt academy. Meanwhile she is a medic.

Just curious... would you say that Shani & Triss have a decent 10 year spread apart in age? :hmmm:(That is, only if you don't factor sorceress imortality and agelessness)

56236 said:
Just curious... would you say that Shani & Triss have a decent 10 year spread apart in age? :hmmm:(That is, only if you don't factor sorceress imortality and agelessness)
As far as I know, in the book "The Blood of elves", Shani was a 3rd year student which made her 17.I don't know how old Triss is, but 10 years apart sounds right.

Handel said:
I read all the books for Geralt before playing the game. The Sorcerress thingy is actually much worse then the Order. Their want to rule the world either through manipulations or through direct killings when the manipulations don't work (as was with the assasination of the Redanian king). And as it was seen Triss has her own agenda and was definitely lying to Geralt about it. Concerning Alvin for everyone who knew the books is obvious Triss wanted Alvin because the sorceress want to use his abilities for their purposes (actually this is kinda repeating the Cirilla story from the books - where the sorceress to who Geralt trusted failed him by pursuing their own purposes).As for Shani she is just a single night easy pick and it cannot be somethign else because the witchers (as the sorceress) are practically immortal (no death due to natural ageing) and never even get older. So it is simply impoosible to make a family with a common human woman.
Do you really see Triss as lying to Geralt about having her own agenda? I guess I read her differently. I also like to think that Geralt is on the ball enough to see for himself that she has to answer to some powerful people. Triss certainly prefers to avoid discussing both her agenda and the Lodge in general, but my impression from the books as well as from the game was that her institutional loyalties always end up in second place--behind her personal loyalties. She is vulnerable is ways that Geralt and others are not, and she's terrible at protecting herself and others from the consequences of those vulnerabilities, but her particular idealism never strikes me as being as ruthless as that of other Lodge members. I think Eskel sums her up well in the prologue: if she had access to the witchers' magical secrets, she would try to use them to help people, but they won't give her access because things are never that simple.I like how Sapkowski describes her in this interview (pretty and red-haired but insecure): http://ofblog.blogspot.com/2008/07/part-ii-of-june-2008-fantasymundo.htmlThat insecurity is dangerous but also endearing.

I actually don't know which I prefer: Red-head or Brunetter Triss.I think Red-head looked nice, but then mixed with Shani didn't really make it personal. A brunette Triss would just make me think of Yenneffer and a Black-haired Triss would make me think she was on a bad side. So I am really lost with what I like more, but however they made her is how I like her. :D

MisterD373 said:
I actually don't know which I prefer: Red-head or Brunetter Triss.I think Red-head looked nice, but then mixed with Shani didn't really make it personal. A brunette Triss would just make me think of Yenneffer and a Black-haired Triss would make me think she was on a bad side. So I am really lost with what I like more, but however they made her is how I like her. :D
Too right. Cheers. :beer:

Triss calmly says something like "I'd like you to bring Alvin to me, speak to your friend about it."Shani gets agitated and says something like "tell that hag the boy is staying with me, everyone knows she can't have children of her own."Well guess what Shani? Geralt can't have children of his own either so who is he going to identify with more?

I like Triss to be honest, that's why I used her name as my username. She can act like a bitch if you choose to give Alvin to her instead of Shani though. I've played the game many times and I've chose Triss everytime. But one time I experimented and saved it before I made the choice and selected Shani instead, just to see how Triss would react. I totally disliked the "Speak, and then get out of my site thing." After that I decided to go back to Triss and I loaded it, but sometime when I play the game I'm going to choose Shani instead and stick with it. I'd just hate to see a character that you're going to have to deal with later in the game that completely hates you. At least with Shani you only saw her once or twice after that as I remember.

I noticed that many people resent Triss not being home all the time and being strict with Alvin, while Shani stays home from the moment Alvin is entrusted to her and doesn't discipline Alvin too much. Well, of course Triss can't drop everything to be home every second of the day. Neither can Geralt and he's as much a father to Alvin as Triss (or Shani) is a mother. Triss has other responsibilities besides parenting but that doesn't mean she cares about it less. She deals in politics and she's a very important person even in the King's court. She's mentioned in some books that you can find in houses in the game. Since she's working with Leuvaarden to destroy Salamandra, she must get out of the house. She is a part of the Lodge od Sorceresses. Nevertheless, in spite of all these things, later she is always home with Alvin, teaching him and raising him. Triss is also accused of being bossy and cold. OK, she can be a bit bossy, but for instance at the banquet, where she tells Geralt to behave, I found those conversations more teasing and amusing than manipulative or whatnot.Why cold? I'd say she more composed and controlled than cold. She doesn't like to reveal weakness, which is smart in the company she's most often in. She can't reveal strong emotions in the King's court for example. She must be smooth and have a poker face. When she's with Geralt, she seems relaxed and a bit playful.Shani annoys me a bit in the 3rd chapter. She acts immature and spoiled. She isn't thinking of what's best for Alvin; a sorceress who can teach him to control his power. She knows that she wants a kid and that's that. I liked her before the Alvin situation. She seemed like a very nice and selfless person. A doctor who puts other people's needs before hers. Another thing about Shani is that in comparison to Triss (no offense means to those who prefer Shani) she's a bit too boring and simple.Sorry if I rambled on too long. :)

I am not sure why everyone doesn't get Triss to stay but when I chose Triss as a relationship, it turned out fine.Even at the end, in the Kings court ,Gerralt says..... "I love you Triss" Triss replies with..... "I love you too Geralt"Not sure why the rest of you don't get this, perhaps you didn't choose the right options with Triss to get her to say those things.Personally I would have prefer to have more of a roll playing relationship with Triss where the relationship continues to grow and bond stronger, even go on missions together and want to see each other more.Maybe this can be better in the next Witcher 2 game.Anyone that doesn't think romance should be a part of an RPG obviously has never played a REAL RPG before.This was the first one that i have played in a long long time with any relationship character building. @ CDPROJEKTThere is a +9 for actually taking a chance and going there with the relation ships for me. Now let's see you develop them more fully.Great game. p.s. A chance to play Triss for the girls been thought of?

shadesaus said:
I am not sure why everyone doesn't get Triss to stay but when I chose Triss as a relationship, it turned out fine.Even at the end, in the Kings court ,Gerralt says..... "I love you Triss" Triss replies with..... "I love you too Geralt"Not sure why the rest of you don't get this, perhaps you didn't choose the right options with Triss to get her to say those things.
Maybe we didn't want this ending, did you think about that.

fchopin said:
fchopin said:
I am not sure why everyone doesn't get Triss to stay but when I chose Triss as a relationship, it turned out fine.Even at the end, in the Kings court ,Gerralt says..... "I love you Triss" Triss replies with..... "I love you too Geralt"Not sure why the rest of you don't get this, perhaps you didn't choose the right options with Triss to get her to say those things.
Maybe we didn't want this ending, did you think about that.
Sure I did. why would I care if you're interested or not. The reply is "obviously" for the people that did want that ending but couldn't get it to happen.All I was pointing out is that it is possible and hope it gets improved on in the next series.Close to real RPG gamingAs for a 2nd in company, heaps better having Triss around helping in fights than that useless archer in the fields near the bridge before Vazima. I can't remember what his name is.

shadesaus said:
The reply is "obviously" for the people that did want that ending but couldn't get it to happen.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not really something you have to work for. If you choose Triss and select the correct conversation options, you get her to say what you mentioned earlier. Not a great deal of hard work is required, actually, and I'm sure EVERYONE who chose Triss got that ending, and all those who chose Shani didn't. It isn't an achievement of any kind, really.
shadesaus said:
Sure I did. why would I care if you're interested or not.
If you really don't care what people are interested in, why post in a forum? Mellow down, will you?

Vilgefortze said:
Vilgefortze said:
The reply is "obviously" for the people that did want that ending but couldn't get it to happen.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not really something you have to work for. If you choose Triss and select the correct conversation options, you get her to say what you mentioned earlier. Not a great deal of hard work is required, actually, and I'm sure EVERYONE who chose Triss got that ending, and all those who chose Shani didn't. It isn't an achievement of any kind, really.
Vilgefortze said:
Sure I did. why would I care if you're interested or not.
If you really don't care what people are interested in, why post in a forum? Mellow down, will you?
I am mellow lolI never said I didn't care about it, as you so brightly pointed out, wouldn't have posted otherwise.I said I didn't care if that person cared or not. they wouldn't have posted "did you think that maybe we didn't want that ending" yes i thought about it, it wasn't aimed at them. It was aimed at the countless posts saying Triss left them at the end when they chose her.why is that so hard to understand and why get involved saying I need to mellow? you don't know me or how i'm feeling, u never asked. rofl

@shades_ausLet me clear up some misunderstandings then:1. When you talked about the oh-so-touching conversation you "achieved" to people who"couldn't get that ending", you probably overlooked the fact that all those people were referring to the cinematic in the end (not the assassination one, but the one showing results of your choices). In that video, no matter what you do, you are shown leaving with Roach and Triss is shown by the side of Foltest, as his court mage. It really has nothing to do with whether you told Triss you love her or not earlier in the throne room. If you chose Triss you will have to have that conversation anyway.2. I told you to mellow down as I thought you had posted the "why would I care " thing without really meaning to sound offensive. Pardon me for trying to help out. My bad. :(

Top Bottom