[EPILOGUE] Which boss is toughest?

+
The Koshchey must be fought in a confined space and has the ability to incapacitate even a well-prepared Geralt; for me, this has to be the toughest boss fight.The Kikimore Queen is almost unbeatable if your Geralt tries to fight her directly, but the game gives good hints as to how to dispose of her without confronting her.You could argue that the Beast is an unfair fight, because the game mechanics give Geralt no good opportunity to prepare, but if Geralt hasn't learned that hellhounds fall quickly to Aard, he's not as smart as he looks.Roland Bleinheim should be in the poll as the toughest human opponent, not because he is so tough himself but because of the army he brings to the dance.

To me Coccacidium is always the toughest ever. It is no boss maybe, but it certainly make me scream and bang the head on my keyboard :DAnyway, Koshchey is undoubtly one of the most annoying in the game. Basically I think that the perception of how tough is a boss depends on how unprepared you are when you fight it, and that's why the most of you vote for the Beast. If you ask me I've never found it so bad except than in my first playthrough. :)

secondchildren said:
To me Coccacidium is always the toughest ever. It is no boss maybe, but it certainly make me scream and bang the head on my keyboard :DAnyway, Koshchey is undoubtly one of the most annoying in the game. Basically I think that the perception of how tough is a boss depends on how unprepared you are when you fight it, and that's why the most of you vote for the Beast. If you ask me I've never found it so bad except than in my first playthrough. :)
I agree with Secondchildren that the Beast was the toughest boss for me when I first play it on hard difficulty :D and after beating her I thought nothing could stop me or even make me any trouble, well that wasn´t true but the happines after completing the first chapter was enormous :D Generally it really depends on what do you train and how you devide you talent points, because once I experienced really difficult game progress and had a big problem with Azar, and the next game was just smooth ride and not because I already know what to expect. But that´s obvious and everyone knows that so I hope I didn´t insult anyone by pointing out such a well known fact.

I must admit that when I start playing again I´m always worried about the fight with the Beast even though it´s not always the toughest one when I look back.

Biggus said:
Azar Javed on hard because i didn`t succeed keep Berengar alive no matter what
I don't think Berengar is supposed to survive that fight. He does, sometimes, if you're both good and lucky, but the lack of dialogue options for him after the fight is over suggests to me that the devs never intended him to live through it.

I usually used him as a punching bag for Javed while I finished him off. I never thought he could survive...in all my playthroughs.Only after Tommy encouraged me to save his ***** did I actually try to keep him alive. It felt good..if nothing else.

Vilgefortzev20 said:
I usually used him as a punching bag for Javed while I finished him off. I never thought he could survive...in all my playthroughs.Only after Tommy encouraged me to save his ***** did I actually try to keep him alive. It felt good..if nothing else.
Welcome back!

For some reason I never had any trouble with the beast.
I bought the in game book that tells you how to work it, and I realized that it was sensitive to stun, so I decided to level my Aard sign for that purpose, and used a few potions to tip the favors.
The beast can be killed with a single finisher, so it wasn't that much of a problem.

The Kochey was hard, but could be dealt with in similar fashion.

Weirdly enough Azar Javed gave me most trouble, even though I was able to defeat him with a knock down as wel, but his attacks are just devastating, and that makes him a challenge.

Zeugl.

Koschey, Dagon and the Kikimore Queen maybe tough, but not the toughest. I say the zeugl, is the hardest monster.

Charza said:
Weirdly enough Azar Javed gave me most trouble, even though I was able to defeat him with a knock down as wel, but his attacks are just devastating, and that makes him a challenge.

Yes, Javed is a very annoying enemy with that blinding and stunning attack.

Koschey

Only boss that made me think there was a chance of repeat failure on normal.

Personally I found the beast rather easy and think I just cast aard and made a finsiher against him.

I'm not sure if we're only supposed to speak of the bosses in the epilogue or not but because of my choices i feel the need to mention other chapter bosses too.

I just finished the game for the second time... Near the end of chapter 4 i had picked most Igni sign related powers (ironically the first time i played i thought igni was pretty useless lol) so every boss and any other monster that couldn't stand fire was trivial at that point. That makes Javed one of the toughest for my current instance of Geralt. Jacques de Aldersberg was at least of some challenge too because of his ifrit summons. I played on medium difficulty though so there wasn't much trouble with almost any foe.

I think the toughest "boss" for me both times i've played the game was the archespore in chapter 2. Of course i tried to role play as someone who didn't know what was comig, so i didn't have much preparation, especially the first time around. Although i may have had to conceded to use a swallow, i can't remember.

Top Bottom