[EPILOGUE] Which boss is toughest?

+
The beast indeed ;D Second: Koschey (or how it is spelled). one of the rare 1vs1 duels where i'm diedAnd the third place goes to the Archespor in the swamp (headhunt). every time i must retreat to recover my health :-\ Only the first time it was relatively easy when i skilled Igni

i only had trouble & died a few times with the beast & the kikimore queen before i realised that i had to run away & smash the pillars. With the queen, i thought you needed to do a hit & run with magic or something :)Since the kikimore queen isn't really a battle i chose the beastNote: i heard that if you choose the villagers, the beast is much easier since the villagers help you out defeating itThe rest was pretty easy imo when your a bit strongerthoug i have to admit Jacques did pretty well, i almost needed a healngpotion for that battle (playing on normal)In the end i never even used those bombs, i heard they were overpowered and since the game was pretty easy on normal i left them alone

The first time I played the game I found the beast impossible to beat, it took me a while to figure out that you have to focus your attack on the beast instead of its minions to win that battle.The first time I encountered the Kilkimore queen, I thought you have to kill her using a sword, then I got killed in one shot, then I tried running around casting igni on her, didn't work neither. Eventually I ran into the cave and noticed Geralt said something about collapse the column, then I figured out what to do, so that wasn't much of a boss battle.When I fought the Golem, I didn't use the pylon, so I used steel sword to kill him, it took me AGES! but I didn't really get hurt, so that was an easy, long battle.I didn't really have problems against all other bosses.So in my opinion, I think the beast is the toughtest boss.BTW, Azar Javed, Grand Master and King of wild hunt were too easy to beat, I expected them to be hard because they are the game's main villians. :p

For the Golem: Funny thing, first run through I tried killing him with only my sword, and succeeded, but I didn't save and got killed by an archespore (yeah, it made me feel so stupid). Then I restarted and figured Igni was better, before realising right after that Yrden was much much more effective. Soooo, if you feel like being a man and don't want to kill him with the lightning rods, lay an Yrden trap on the floor, and have the Golem step on it often, with strong style sequences or the Igni sign (both make him recoil enough to hit the Yrden). For some reason, it deals pretty great damage, more than Igni or your sword. You also have a place of power near the shrine of Meletile in the swamp, which doubles all of your signs' intensity, as well as an Yrden circle of elements near the Druid Grove. With both of these badboy buffs on you, any of your spell rapes, and the golem won't resist your traps for long (the fight took one minute for me, and I didn't get involved much in close-combat fighting, so no need for swallow or blizzard, only tawny owl potion).

Grabar said:
I;m surprised that beast has so many votes.
The Beast is annoyingly difficult to kill on the Hard setting, and still a major pain on medium. I guess part of the reason is that Geralt is still under-developed at that stage.

still i do not see to many right answers, majority tends to be wrong, the hardest BOSS is definately dagon, cause no matter what you do you can not hurt him, and it takes a loot of time to kill it.ps golem is not a boss, and ok it takes longer to kill him, but there is a shortcut, with dagon you do not have a shortcut.

Voted for Azar Javed. Koshkey was very easy - all I took was Tawny Owl and Swallow. Then used Igni until it was dead. All you need to do is use the pillar as a shield.

spicey said:
Voted for Azar Javed.
Interesting. Last time I played I simply ran up to the mezzanine and let him chase me in circles while regenerating endurance, then I'd spin around, blast him with Aard, slice, dice, and then run some more. That was on med though, so we'll see what he's like on hard next. :-\

uberhost said:
uberhost said:
Voted for Azar Javed.
Interesting. Last time I played I simply ran up to the mezzanine and let him chase me in circles while regenerating endurance, then I'd spin around, blast him with Aard, slice, dice, and then run some more. That was on med though, so we'll see what he's like on hard next. :-\
Yes, that's the way I killed Javed in the end. Only it took me many attempts to realise this was the best way to kill him! Hence the vote.Finished the game today - the Grand Master was easy to defeat. I even killed the Ghost that I saved in the fields during Act 4. Overall an epic game - absolutely sensation role playing action from start to finish. I feel sad it's over!

spicey said:
Overall an epic game - absolutely sensation role playing action from start to finish. I feel sad it's over!
Congrats, mate. Will you play again soon, or at least when the Enhanced version is released? I'm on my third trek through, and still finding new things. Epic.

Thaler said:
Thaler said:
Overall an epic game - absolutely sensation role playing action from start to finish. I feel sad it's over!
Congrats, mate. Will you play again soon, or at least when the Enhanced version is released? I'm on my third trek through, and still finding new things. Epic.
Yes, I think I will play again once the enhanced version patch is out. Is there any news on a sequel as yet? The ending really left quite a few unanswered questions. The main question must be why is a Witcher assassin out to killl Geralt?

spicey said:
spicey said:
spicey said:
Yes, I think I will play again once the enhanced version patch is out. Is there any news on a sequel as yet? The ending really left quite a few unanswered questions. The main question must be why is a Witcher assassin out to killl Geralt?
Also waiting for the patch...And is that assassin really after Geralt? I had the impression he wanted Foltest, and Geralt just happened to be there and intervened.

parket said:
[And is that assassin really after Geralt? I had the impression he wanted Foltest, and Geralt just happened to be there and intervened.
Yes, I agree that the assassin was definitely after the king and not Geralt. If Geralt had not noticed the blood stains on the palace floor, the king would have been killed.

Voted Zeugl because the fight was annoyingly long the first time I kiled him. The Beast took me a couple of reloads to figure, then it wasn't that hard. Coccacidium on the Swamps was pretty hard too, until you bombed it with few fireballs (not too developed Igni) from safe place.The question isn't good, because we can't compare at all. Some beat boss with oiled weapons and nice potions and some take them without anything so the fight is much tougher. Next time I plan to beat the game with basic witchers swords, trying to avoid potions and oils at all.

Going down the List, my choice in bold.Frightener - didnt face him, went to help the woman.The Beast - wow, crazy amount of people voted for him but he was arguably the easiest fight for me in the game, he charged me and i shot off a stuns, walked up ...and took his head. when the others showed up, i switched to group style and took them down fast, becouse i picked the witch.Golem - never seen so many 1 damage in my life, chugged down a Swallow(?) potion and switched to Fast Style, kept chaining my attacks so he never got one threw, he would back up and dodge at first, where i took the most damage, but once i angled him into a tree the fight was determined by weather or not he had an insane amount of HP, or my finger would cramp.Werewolf Vincent - i did not fight him. Professor - much like the Golem, using Knockdown to interupt spells, and fast style to keep him from meeling, i didnt have to do much this fight. Kikimore Queen - died twice before i figured it out, after that it was real easy.Dagon - kept him knocked back and knocked down, group style got rid of his followers, by walking backwards in circles, i managed to handle this easy on the 2nd try (took me awhile to figure out how to kill him).Berengar - didnt fight him. :(Striga - hit my sheild when the candles went out, and then otherwise ran around her crypt till the time ran out. kinda cheap, but i didnt want to kill her. never thought WoW would help me out in another game. lol.Koschey - this SoB beat me up and took my lunch money so many times it wasent funny, i was so under-prepared for the fight it really came down to fighting till my death, re-setting and hopeing to get lucky with the bleeds next time.Azar Javed - ended up trying to save Berengar, so it took me awhile. couldent do it, when i finnaly gave up, i just knocked him down when he started twirling his maces, with fast style interupting his meele, fight was over quickly. Zugel - i found it annoying, i was having issues clicking on its tendrils to attack them but wasent taking much damage, or worried i would lose the fight, Triss helped alot with her blanket AOE spell damage.Grand Master - was over way to quickly, sadly. at that point i had shoved all bronze points into the Styles, so group style just cleared out the trash and switched to Strong for the grand master. King of Wild Hunt - pushed him up against a pole and just beat into him with Fast style, and group style when he called friends. didnt even hit me once.

The beast was surely the hardest boss for me, took me about 5 times to kill it but I i think that was because I was still newb in the game... second hardest was the kikimore queen but only because I figured out what I have to do on my 6st attempt. All other bosses went down on my first try even kochney which I don't find very hard... igni rules.... Azar died quickly but I didn't save Berengar. Striga was easy, just running around that sarchophagus and aard when she came closer... Last 2 bosses were very disappointing, they died without any problems and only with swallow & tawny oil... Dagon didn't even touch me, zeugl was way too easy, werewolf no problem, coccacidium yeaa, at first i just ran when it came out, then i prepared and kill it with igni and few drowners and bloedzuigers arround... All other monsters where too easy even to mention... I played on normal and I just love the game, I'm starting now on hard...

I think Azar Javed was the toughest boss, when I play the game for the first time. For the second time it was realy easier ... The Beast is also hard enemy but if you drink some potions and you've got talent points in dexterity there isn't any problem to hit The Beast with strenght style...

the beast, 'coz he's fuckin' tough for a novitiate witcherAnd I don't know, guys, why is Koschey second - I killed him in the first attempt. But actually I had Argentia on the sword and drank White Raffard's potion once. Javed is also not a tough guy.

for me it was javed well he wasn't a very challenging opponent but ı've tried to keep berengar alive and azar was knocking me down each 5-7 secs thats what makes azar a hard opponent ...welll... at least for me

Top Bottom