[EPILOGUE] Which boss is toughest?

+
In fact even in hard mode the end is too easy, you just use fire sign and you do not even have to drow you sword.That s disapointing part, after the beast and the village I was really thinking that i will suffer more during the game. In fact not Geralt is a juggernault, even if you do not move most of his ennemy are unable to scratch him.Except that Excellent game, Great immersion & very attaching caracters ! Waiting for the Sequels !

Overall I have to say that the boss fights were disappointing. The only challanging fight was with the Koschey.But there are serveral fights that were just plain unfair or horribly balanced:The Beast: this one is overpowered, especially since it's the first boss in the game but overall one of the hardest.Coccacidium: ridiculous overpowered tooKikimore Queen: guess nobody figured out what to do until dying several times. I wonder how this boss went through betatesting.King of the Hunt in Act IV: in that druid quest you have to put mandrake on the altar. If any of the 4 foes attacking you landed a stun, you were oneshoted! They killed me serveral times before i could even click the damn altar.

Azar Javed... it's just that i wanted to save Berengar...P.S. is there a way to save him? (he always die in my gameplay...)

Yes , use critical : wolf + perun rune stone + some potion with nigredo . Also Aerd and You can try some bombs (zerakanian sun ) , and put yourself in beatwean them . And offcourse wilow . I did it even on hard , altough from third attempt .

the worse boss is Azar /and his Koschey too/I think this time I will use nigredo+swallow+full moon+wolf and a rune----last time I did not have wolf, nor any runes :(

I would say the beast was the toughest. I went through 12 tries before my Aard finally knocked him.For Koschey, use anything that causes pain - Igni with Pain talent researched, Yrden with Pain or the oul which causes crippling pain.All of these slow down the monster so much that you can just spam Igni from a distance and keep running around.

i vote the golem because my game was glitched and the lighting poles dident work :wall: so i spent 2 hours (thats real life time) swinging my sword and useing the fire spell thingy to kill it!!!!!!! damn glitches!!! :wall: :wall: :wall:

selectname said:
i vote the golem because my game was glitched and the lighting poles dident work :wall: so i spent 2 hours (thats real life time) swinging my sword and useing the fire spell thingy to kill it!!!!!!! damn glitches!!! :wall: :wall: :wall:
Are you sure it was glitched? The lightning pylons work in a way that can be hard to get the hang of at first. You have to touch all three of them to get the bolt of lightning, and the golem has to be in the CENTER of the circle, not just somewhere in the circle, for the lightning to hit him.

Coccacidium=4Trughbull=0After 4 play thru's, I have killed everything with out dying except Coccacidium. That thing owns me the first time I see it in a given game. Now, I am deliberately NOT buffing even though I KNOW where the SOB is going to rear its ugly head. That seems too much like cheating to me. But by playing "fair", I have to admit, it has taken me at least 2 reloads in every game to kill this thing. The only thing I can think to do is not go into The Swamp at all until my character is Level 20 or higher. I suspect that at that level, my character may be able to survive the first attack long enough to get far enough away to heal and buff before going back to fight this guy. My problem with that, is the rest of the mobs in C2 are too easy at that level. It is strange. There must be some kind of die being rolled or something that sometimes makes this thing a 1-shot boss and the FIRST time you roll this die it is always set to maximum damage. Without buffing, sometimes I get away from the first attack, and sometimes I don't.

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
Are you sure it was glitched? The lightning pylons work in a way that can be hard to get the hang of at first. You have to touch all three of them to get the bolt of lightning, and the golem has to be in the CENTER of the circle, not just somewhere in the circle, for the lightning to hit him.
You mean I didn't have to dodge around bashing it for 40 minutes!?

It's easy to defeated the Golem : just touch the spikes but don't stand in beatwean them cause the lighting can kil you as well . I even used it on the Knights of the Flaming Rose and it was funny to see them punisht from above . I tryed it even on the great wolf but got killed 'cause standing in the middle of the circle . Also don't forget wilow and I think that Igni plus pethri philter can do the job as well . Happy hunting .

Candi said:
You mean I didn't have to dodge around bashing it for 40 minutes!?
Um, no. If I remember correctly, it takes three lightning strikes to kill the Golem. I didn't realize this the first time, either, so I killed it with my sword then, just like you. Although it's way easier with the lightning pylons, I actually found it more satisfying to whack it to death. :)Just an excuse for you to play the game again! :)

I voted koschey. Every other boss was way too easy. I even killed GM with a freaking silver sword :dead:Koschey was the only boss where I had to use my super cheap white raffords + white honey combo. Next time through the game I'm going to make the difficulty insane: use steel sword for monsters and silver sword for humans!

I can't believe the number of votes for the kikimore queen, I mean you don't even have to fight it just collapse the ceiling on its head...Dagon is the toughest due to the lame auto-targetting which means that Geralt tries to whack Dagon when you're trying to hit the little bastard right in front of you...

maybe people are equating toughest boss with highest level of stress experienced fighting a boss, in which case, that damnable kikimore queen is right up there for me :)

petestar1969 said:
I can't believe the number of votes for the kikimore queen, I mean you don't even have to fight it just collapse the ceiling on its head...Dagon is the toughest due to the lame auto-targetting which means that Geralt tries to whack Dagon when you're trying to hit the little bastard right in front of you...
Maybe they are voting on a toe to toe fight basis.KQ is probably one of the hardest to kill without using the intended method. 100 times harder than the Golem for example.I voted for the KQ on a Boss V Boss basis, since it says "which boss is toughest?"I think she'd own all the rest.

i personally dread the beast fight the most ... i have absolutely no problem with any of the other ones (sure, i mess up and have to reload sometimes -- often even, but i don't consider that a problem, that's what i consider gaming)

gamewidow said:
i personally dread the beast fight the most ... i have absolutely no problem with any of the other ones (sure, i mess up and have to reload sometimes -- often even, but i don't consider that a problem, that's what i consider gaming)
Yeah, had the same. I guess that's cause the Beast is the first boss, before you get the combat right... Oh, and yes, it does come sort of unexpected.

I've played it more than 20 times and i still find the beast the worst, even with all (or most) of the kinks in my combat worked out :)

The only problem I had with the beast is the annoying ring of fire and general business of the fight in terms of so muich going on that my PC struggles to keep up.I had similar problem in burning Vizima in chapter 5.If my PC didn't bog down the beast would be as easy as the Koschey..

Top Bottom