[EPILOGUE] Zeugl battle -- help

+
I posted this same question last night, but I guess my thread got deleted. I have Geralt at Level 34. He has all 5 Igni (gold.) I started out with Maribor Forest and Petri's Philter and blew those tentacles away in seconds. Then, I used White Honey and switched to Wolverine with the Zeugl head, since blasting it with Igni seems to make absolutely no difference. Still, I die. Over and over.

I recommend argentia on a silver blade for the Zeugl encounter.Drink your longer lasting potions first, then rest 1 hour to clear some toxicity. Then drink your shorter lasting ones with the secondary boost ingredients.Igni is good for taking out tentacles quickly, but group silver does the job just as well. For the Zeugl itself, you want to be using strong silver - be sure to chain your attacks in quick succession. Each time it loses about 25% of its hitpoints, it will sink and send tentacles at you again. If you happen to be very injured by this point (you shouldn't but everyone has a different build), drink an albedo white raffards.Personally, I'm not a big fan of Petri and Maribor. They have high toxicity for little gain over and above what you can get with other potions and talents.

I'm actually a huge fan of Petri and Maribor. They are what helped me beat Javed. I think Maribor is like a premium tawny owl. I may have to do more experimentation with this Zeugl, however. Something new is in order.By the way, I love Igni so much that I put no copper into any other sign. I have all these coppers that I'm not even using because there's no skill I want to "spend" them on.But about the Zeugl battle, I didn't realize it was possible to rest an hour in between. I don't see how one could. There's no fireplace in that area.

There's a fireplace prior to entering the area with the Zeugl, but you're right, there's no fireplace in the area with it, so there's no opportunity to rest during the fight.As for which potions to use, firstly I'd probably stay away from using White Honey in the middle of the fight. If you want to reduce toxicity, there are other ways to go about it (as outlined by ST_Ghost). Personally, I don't find much use in potions and abilities that kick in when Geralt's vitality falls below a certain point as he's already mostly dead by then. An unlucky hit can end you.You've sunk a lot of xp into Igni, which is cool, it's an uber-cool Sign and one of my favourites :) You capitalise well on that particular strength at the start, let's see what we can do from there :)From memory, there's a fireplace in a house upstairs, immediately before the zone point into the sewers. This is where I prepare. I'd try some proactive, offensive potions rather than defensive potions. Think of your available potions in a tiered heirarchy: long lasting, medium lasting, and short buggers. Take the longer lasting ones first, then meditate at the fireplace for an hour to reduce or zero your toxicity. Then take your medium length potions. Head into the fight, then take your short or immediate effect potions during the fight, as needed.If I'm looking for an easy fight, I stack potions like they're going out of fashion :D Start with Maribor Forest (increases maximum Endurance) and Full Moon (increases maximum Vitality). Meditate for an hour. Take Swallow (speeds up Vitality regeneration), then zone and head into the Zeugl fight. Quaff a White Raffard's Decoction during the fight if necessary.As you've found, a good bout of Igni takes care of the tentacles pretty easily :) As ST_Ghost said, for the Zeugl itself, use Strong Silver and chain your attacks (what level do you have Strong Silver at?). Also, consider a blade enhancement - Argentia oil, diamond dust or even a grindstone. My preference is for the oil :) If you're having trouble finding the Zeugl when it pops up from under the water (thereby introducing delays and allowing the Zeugl time to score a hit on you), use the Pause button when you neutralise the tentacles and rotate the camera around until you spy where it's popped up to help orient yourself.

OK, I beat the Zeugl using Maribor Forest and Petri's Philter. The trick was to avoid the head completely until the tentacles were all gone. Then, I actually killed the Zeugl head with one blast of Igni. :)

The Zeugl is pretty low on my list of difficult monsters in TWEE. Silver sword (Argentia / Perun runestone), hack tentacles, then attack head.I've never died fighting this beast. Perhaps some players haven invested in the wrong talent trees or not completed enough quests to increase their level enough...Honestly, it is NOTHING compared to the Koshchey, Azar, Coccadidium (you know - that Archespore trophy in the swamps), or The Beast. By this stage you should have no trouble battling the Zeugl. If you are, perhaps you need to re-evaluate your choices regarding talent-spending.

I'm getting tired of fighting with the bloody thing.After 4 Igni shots, I seem to run out of it... how come.Is there a faster way of killng it? I just might stop the game if I cant get over this humppls helpJag

jagdeep said:
I'm getting tired of fighting with the bloody thing.After 4 Igni shots, I seem to run out of it... how come.Is there a faster way of killng it? I just might stop the game if I cant get over this humppls helpJag
I found him rather hard to defeat igni works well on the tenticals but I tried to save it for the body when ever he appeared out of the water . A blast of igni and strong style on the body takes massive hp away from Zeugl but you have to deal with the tenticals every time he submerges . Cut up the tenticals Zeugl appears blast and hack . I don't remember how many times you attack the body but I think it was actually about five or six if you catch it in time .

Igni is best choice, I hope you have skilled incineration Fight the tentacles with silver sword group style. When it's big head turns up, use Igni again and switch to silver strong style. You need several attempts until the gutter glob is dead.You should prepare your blade with Arentia oil or diamont dust and drink a Swallow and Golden Oriole potionsGL :peace:

I think I'm experiencing a bug with the Zeugl battle.My dodge, parry etc., are completely maxed (level 50) and I have the Raven armor and Full Moon potion, so I'm taking very little damage, if any, but the sword icon is not letting me click on the Zeugl head to kill him.I hit the tentacles with one or two Igni's and they go down almost immediately, but when the head is up, I'm not able to click on it in order to hit him with my sword. The sword icon appears when I hover the mouse over his head, but it won't let me click. Do I need to attack him from the rear?I had to kill him with an Igni fireball.

You don't want to keep clicking. Once you click and get the sword Icon. you just hover it over the target. When you see the flames, then you click. Never thought to use Igni.

i AGREE THIS IS CLOSE TO IMPSOSIBLE WITHOUT IGNI AMX BUILD

50 ATTEMPTS WITH TRUCK LOAD OF POTIONS AND RICED OUT WEAPONS GG NO RE NEED TO START GAME AGAIN AND GO IGNI TO PASS THIS

Guest 2081505

NEED TO START GAME AGAIN AND GO IGNI TO PASS THIS

Not necessary, really. Prepare some dragon's dream bombs and Geralt will be fine.

[video]https://youtu.be/IYZsbmdpgKQ?t=80[/video]

Guys i am currently REplaying TWEE and i get my ass kicked by the Zeugl.I had very little or no problems with all the Boss fights so far,but this is really frustrating.

I have the Raven's armor,i have coated my silver blade with Argentia and a magic rune,and i have drunk Tawny Owl,Willow and Thunderbolt.

However,even though i use the 360 Igni,the tentacles don't die easily and in the meanwhile the inflict a ton of damage.The result is that i die when the head appears for the first or second time.

I am playing on hard and i am only at level 29

I never had a problem with this fight even on hard difficulty. General tactic is quick style on the tentacles, strong style on the zeugl head, drink swallow before the fight and make a few White Raffard's decoctions for insta-heal. Just watch for toxicity.

Top Bottom