[EPILOGUE] Zeugl battle -- help

+
"Tawny Owl" potion will temporarily increase the rate at which Endurance" regenerates (yellow bar)"Maribor Forest" will temporarily increase the total amount of Endurance you have for casting signs.As Game Widow mentioned, having 360 degree Igni will help lower the tentacles in one or two blasts.Then you can hack at the head until the tentacles come back up, and then repeat with the Igni sign.

perhaps Golden Oriole ... there's an allusion to it in the conversation immediation preceding the fight.

There's another thread with lots of suggestions about the Zeugl here: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=5050.0Make sure you're trying to kill the tentacles IN THE MIDDLE. The tentacles at each end are just there as living walls; you can ignore them.

Nerdella said:
My Geralt's health just zooms down and down and he stands there not moving most of the time as the tentacles seem to hit so thick and fast they prevent him moving, their witcher seemed to move very easily and their health wasn't changing.
Maybe your vitality is too low that you are losing life so fast? And maybe you miss the right timing with your attacks and that's why Geralt didn't move or starts an attack?The best and most successful attacks are already mentioned. Diamont dust should be okay as well. Maybe you don't have an other alternative and return to a previous save and prepare potions. If you have problems with life try to make them Rubedo dominant.

Corylea said:
There's another thread with lots of suggestions about the Zeugl here: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=5050.0Make sure you're trying to kill the tentacles IN THE MIDDLE. The tentacles at each end are just there as living walls; you can ignore them.
Bet you a pound to a penny that the idiot OP was trying to hack the ones at the edge.Note no posts from him since this was posted. :whistle:

HiNo I wasn't trying to hack the tentacles at the edges! I have been fighting the tentacles in the middle, followed by the monster's head. The problem is the tentacles seem to strike me too fast and I can't seem to kill them efficiently. Then the monster head comes up and bites me non stop with me taking the odd swipe every 3 or 4 bites - I just can't seem to kill the damn thing. I've killed loads of other monsters, I can't be that bad if I've reached this stage in the game on medium setting can I? I just tried again using golden oriole but that didn't seem to stop the constant damage from the tentacles. I have also tried with bindweed but that doesn't help either. Blizzard doesn't seem to do any good and I haven't got any tawny owl left. It doesn't really seem to matter what I take in this fight, I just die too fast and I don't understand why it's this impossible.

when you allocated your talents, did you give any to all the dodging possibities ? I'm really at a loss to explain the problem. I'm no master gamer and I can play the witcher on hard with ease ... and at the risk of sounding redundant, you *are* using your silver sword, right?

I'll tell you what, I'll try to upload a video of slaying the Zeugl when I get there on my replay. That way you should be able to glean some information that we must be missing these posts.

HiYes, I am using the silver sword. I am in the process of retracing my steps now from an earlier game going from the Old Manor back to Old Vizima to see if I can find the blacksmith to make the Raven armour, as I failed that quest the first time despite having all the parts. I found myself in the Epilogue after the Old Manor fighting and didn't realise that the armour quest would be gone.I am not the world's best gamer or fighter, but I have managed to beat all the monsters required on medium level so far, even though I was close to death after some of them and had to do some fights quite a few times. The zeugl is definitely close to impossible for some reason that I can't figure out, I don't have the 360 degree igni, mine is 315 degrees but that shouldn't make such a drastic difference should it. I will try and make some tawny owl too as that always helps a lot and maybe some swallow, although I have the white raffards decoction too_One very maddening thing that just happened is after all the trek through to Old Vizima from the Old Manor, the game went black screen and crashed on me so I have to do that all again - bugs like that certainly do not help one's sanity ...

Nerdella - how did you get bitten by the head? I didn't think it had enough reach...What I did was use the silver sword unbuffed (I rarely bother with oils) on the tentacles then when the head pops up blast it with Igni.It really helps if you have a companion who heals you, not all of them do I thinkOh and I owe you a pound... here you go :DEDIT: Of course not having the raven armour is a really bad idea

HiYes I thought the only way to improve my chances would be to go back to get the armour quest finished much as I hate having to go backwards, but I think it will help a lot! My companion is Yaevinn, I don't think he heals me, he just fights a bit and gets knocked down a lot. My problems with the zeugl include not being able to move very fast to avoid being hit and not regenerating enough endurance power to cast igni much. Every time the tentacles hit me I would see the red damage points and my health just went very quickly, I hope the Raven armour will help there. I have now meditated in Old Vizima, made a couple of tawny owl potions, increased my talents to 360 degree igni plus an extra mutagen gold talent through the koschoy core potion which I used to increase endurance by 25%.Thanks for the pound, apology accepted, I'm not such a numbskull you know ...I do have a question though - I have Aerondight but I've collected loads of runes so I can get about 5 different types of silver sword forged by the blacksmith, but I'm not sure if any of them are actually better than Aerondight which seems to have great stats (why it can't kill a zeugl though is beyond me!). Is Aerondight one of the better swords in the game, should I keep it?

I would keep Aerondight at any rate. I don't know which runes you have but here are all runestone combination at one glance to compare.

by the time I face the zeugl, I've usually traded up from aerondight to the moonblade, but diamond dust or argentia is fine and i agree, no rune sword is worth swapping aerondight, only the moonblade, and even that is debatable

HiThanks everyone for taking an interest in my predicament - I'm relieved to announce that I *eventually* defeated the zeugl - but it took Raven armour, another level, tawny owl plus other potions and a hugely long fight to do it, and I finished very close to death - had to limp to the nearest fireplace after that. I hate that creature and never want to see one ever again! I then went on to finish the game tonight. Strangely, compared to the zeugl, all the following fights - the Wild Hunt included - were nowhere near as nasty - it was very strange!I'm really glad I got to the end, I had Shani, Toruviel, Adda and Abigail's help as well - thanks ladies ;)

This is just plain MEAN!! Have the designers no hearts? I just went through the Manor, and all that entails, then back in Burning Vezima I have to fight GREATER BROTHERS, SEIGFRIED, his guards, some more Knights, some Iraqis...THEN a Zuegl?? This just TOTALLY pizzed me off!I thought I'd at least have a chance to build the armor first, then make some more potions...but I can't find Dandelion when I need him--all through Act 4 and Act 5 he was nowhere to be found! Great idea to give him all my stuff, guys!I had some success hacking the tentacles with my axe, but it won't accept any coatings and I'm all out of diamond dust. And by the time I get a few tentacles hacked off, my Vitality is bottoming out! People in this thread keep mentioning how "easy" it is - not for me, I had a hard enough time with DAGON! This feels lijke a total rip off of that idea!People also mention taking as many as FOUR potions at a time, but when I was fighting The Koschey thingie Azar conjures up, I took one too many potions, had NO White Honey left at all so I had to wait for an entire STAR TREK episode just for my toxicity to mend, and even then (once I could move again) it took a trip down the tunnel again to the nearest fireplace.Some frikkin REWARD for all the effort I've put in. My wife and kids are tired of my cursing this stupid "game" at the top of my voice, but I can't help it, it irks me to no end. This entire exercise reminds me of bathing a cat!

Top Bottom