Epistrophy[bug]

+
Hello,

One of the encounters is bugged in a way which can be described as game breaking.

During the Epistrophy: Badlands mission(I think it's that one, though not 100% sure), when you speak to the REALLY corrupted Delamain who makes your phone glitch(Not the GLaDOS one), the phone's visual glitch will stay for the rest of the game, and affect all other contacts as well.

If I remember correctly, the trigger for this bug was getting a phone call for a side gig right as I was speaking with Delamain HQ, and this corrupted everything else.

And while that alone isn't too bad(I explained it away as my implants getting fucked by the biochip), what IS gamebreaking is that each phone call now renders multiple high res models in the same phone call.
Which is what's game breaking.
As I understand based on videos where the characters you were talking over the phone with appear randomly in the world, the game is supposed to render the caller in a small space near V(Under the map?).
But with this bug, it seems that the size of the space being rendered is massive, because it places Delamain somewhere in fuck knows where, and that causes a massive performance drop during phone calls.
(We're talking slideshow level with all settings on medium and lower while driving).

I admit I wasn't focused on tracking everything as well as I should, however, when getting calls when you are near Delamain HQ, you can see the corrupted Delamain in the background of the phonecalls sometimes, and the distance to his character model as well as orientation changes according to distance following some kind of curve.

Sometimes the model overlaps the other caller, sometime it's far in the background, and there are at least three different orientations he appears in:
Looking to the left of the camera, straight on, or to the right of the camera.

I have a couple of save files from before and after the bag occurred, which I attached here in the hope that it might help in reproducing this.(Names are self explanatory).

The "Before" save file has the "Tune up" mission completed, but haven't done any of the Epistrophy missions yet.
The "During" file has a few already completed encounters but the phone is still not bugged.
The "After" file has all the encounters completed, and as a result, all the phone conversations are bugged.

Attachments

• after.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 69
  • during.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 54
  • before.zip
    2 MB · Views: 56
Top Bottom