Epistrophy (Delamain Cabs) side missions

+
What is annoying about this big, is that once it happens, it happens at a highlevel in the game, so it affects all Delamain quests, so even if you reload an autosave from prior to when you were bugged, you still have the error.

So unless you have a good safe from prior to starting the Epistrophy quests all together, you are screwed until you can find some other solution.

I see someone has noted that if you get a mission where you need to call someone, it fixes it, but not sure how helpful that is.

So, some sort of scripting bug that is outside of the quest itself. That's pretty bad.

yea, had same bug. had to load save right after picking up item, and after that all worked fine.

got the same bug, mine started when I got killed immediately after disabling one of his cars. didn't realize I was so close to some skull ranked enemies, and one popped me just as I answered the phone.

Same issue, I managed to complete car retrieval quest and then continued with my playthrough but recently Delamain called me back to start his final quest but unfortunately he stays silent during his phone call and so the quest doesent start and seems like I'm kinda softlocked with his questline untill this gets fixed. After multiple attempts I figured out that save/load is the main issue with this quest and If you manage to complete whole his questline in a single run with no loads you will PROBABLY have no issues but obviously that's not my case since a played like 15 hours between car retrieval quest and final quest phone call so I have no desire to replay all 15 hours just to play whole Delamain questline in a single run and be done with it.
CDPR pls fix asap.....

Tried to do Epistrophy: Wellsprings.
I get a call from Delamain that I can't accept - when I press T, nothing happens, then the call disappears after a few seconds.
When I find the car (and scan it), nothing happens. It doesn't show me that I found it on the map / in the quest instructions and I can't talk to the car.
The cab drives like a tank, I can't stop it. When I damage it, it begins to burn but doesn't react. It only stops a few seconds before it explodes, which fails all missions.

I haven't tried doing other Epistrophy quests. When I select another Epistrophy quest, I once again get a call I can't accept.
Really frustrating.

PS: On PC Win10 64, GTX970, i5-9600K and latest hotfix. I don't have older saves because I quicksave way too often. sighs

Last edited:
The same bug. No cars or cars are broken
Post automatically merged:

I also found Delamain animation and voice disappeared from its office, but dialogs still works.

Last edited:
Hola yo soy de xbox one y tengo el mismo problema, primero me paso en Watson con el curro secundario "Voy por un coche: Din" y luego en Westbrook "Voy por un coche: North Oak", no puedo interactuar con los taxis trato de llamar a Delamain pero no contesta, me acerco a los taxis y nada.

Algún consejo o solución 🙏
de momento no hay solucion, yo lo juego en pc, solo hay que esperar algun parche que lo solucione

Same problem here. I accepted the quest to scan all the cabs and immediately started tracking them down, starting with the one in Wellspring. When I got to the search area, I received a call from Delamain that I couldn't answer, and it didn't auto-answer like all the other calls do. Couldn't do anything after that, even when I find the cabs (I've found all of them, some of them even drive around). I damaged one of the cabs out of frustration, and Delamain told me to stop. I've tried fast traveling, doing all sort of other missions, buying vehicles from fixers, and just about any other solution I could dig up on the net or come up with on my own, nothing works. Now I just have 8 quests sitting there in my quest log taking up space.

PC specs: AMD Ryzen 3800X, 32GB DDR4-3200, Asus 2080 Ti Strix OC'd, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2 Keyboard, Razer DeathAdder Elite mouse, playing on ultra everything with RTX off and DLSS on Quality, and using the latest hotfix (v1.06). I do have a single mod installed, in particular one that allows rebinds of keys not available by default, but I didn't have that installed when I started this whole questline.
1609196026042.png

Last edited:
Playing on PS4 and the quests as followed are bugged

Epistrophy: BADLANDS
Epistrophy: THE GLEN
Epistrophy: NORTHSIDE
Epistrophy: RANCHO CORONADO
Epistrophy: COSTVIEW
Epistrophy: NORTH OAK

When entering the search location Delamain contacts me to look for the cab in the area. Once the cab is found either stationary or moving no further quest objectives are initiated damaging the cabs both stationary and moving results in quest failure. Restarting the game does not fix, reloading the saves does not fix. Is anyone else suffering this same issue?

I was experiencing this too, so I went back & loaded a save from right before the missions are unlocked. I started the first epistrophy mission right when I was given it & was successful, I went ahead & completed all 7 of them in a row.

I have the same problem. Did a bunch of them, got 2 left and now even if I find the car, there's no audio. It just drives round in an endless loop and I can't progress it.
Man, I must have been one of the lucky ones, this game wasn't particularly buggy for me from the start. Now after several patches, it's buggy as hell! glitches all over the place, people walking along glitching, losing their clothes, cars with peoples heads t posing out of the car, it's sad. This game has so much potential and when it's working it's brilliant.
I just hope another round of patching improves things <sigh>

I have the same issue. I receive call and I cannot answer and if I find some delamain car I cannot interact with him. Did anyone find a fix or i must wait on CDPR to fix it.
Add me to the list.

Playing on PS4, patch v1.06 (since v1.04 the game doesn't crash that often anymore)
I have managed to complete the first cab in Watson just fine. When I have reached Westbrook quest zone, Delamain called me but I couldn't answer. I thought that was because I was driving a stolen car but I doubt it now. When I found a cab I couldn't scan it (I mean a quest scanner). It also doesn't want to talk to me.
I have tried to restart game and console. I did few other quests and went back. I've tried a reddit advice to buy a new car and try again... It didn't help either.
So I thought that maybe if I did another cab quest it would fix the previous one. Unfortunately, when Delamain called me on Badlands, again I couldn't answer (I tried in and out of the car - nada).

After over 86h ingame (I am a slow player), this one is a game breaking bug for me. I can forigive all those minor bugs like trucks falling from sky (quite a view!), unlootable loots, empty shards, T-posing NPCs or headless V. But this bug screws the whole quest line.

Oh, and I can't recover my first car too (2days of real time). :(

Hi,

I currently have a problem involving the Delamain questline. I have succesfully returned all cars in the previous mission (Epistrophy) and was waiting for Delamain to call me again for the followup mission (Don't Lose Your Mind).

When he called I was not able to pick up the phone as you normally would (forced or not) and when I call back, the does not pick up the phone. I looked for possible fixes or workarounds and saw the most bugs appear in the Epistrophy mission, but not this one and haven't found an solution.

I can still call - or be called by - other persons, only Delamain does this weird thing.

Does any of you had the same problem and found a fix? Thanks!

PC Patch 1.06

*Spoilers for the very beginning of Act 2 (right after Heist mission) follow*

Mods Used: Only one mod to change gamepad button prompts on PC from XBox to Playstation buttons. (Siderant: It is absolutely absurd that the game does not offer this basic accessibility option natively. It is equally absurd that we can't switch RB/R1 with RT/R2. Lazy, bush-league oversight from CD Projekt Red.)

Setup: From the beginning of Act 2, I did the quest Playing for Time to meet Takemura at Don's Diner, then initiated the quest to get my car back, which leads straight into the Delamain questline. I hoofed it to the Delamain HQ (I like to avoid fast travel), then, after the activation of the Epistrophy quests, I did the quest to attend Jackie's memorial service. After obtaining a new vehicle from that quest, I did the side job Happy Together (bringing comfort to V's grieving neighbor).

Bug: While driving through the city to complete Happy Together, I noticed that Delamain called me (must've driven into a cab area), but I couldn't answer his call--pressing the button to answer does nothing, and after a few seconds Delamain hangs up. After completing Happy Together, I started attempting the Epistrophy quests, but I can never pick up the phone when Delamain calls me. Like CamilCorbeau above, I'm a completionist, so I'm putting the game down until this is fixed. Very frustrating!

If it's one thing I can't stand, it's bugged missions. It turns me off any game that releases with bugs that halt progression. Such an absolute shame that the game was released in this condition.

Anyway, I also ran into the bug. Delamain calls, but I'm unable to answer and thus unable to complete any of the Epistrophy missions.

The only fix I found was to load an earlier save to just before I picked up the 'Tune Up' mission losing a good few hours of progress... I then grabbed the mission again and proceeded to do every Epistrophy mission until all are completed. You have to complete every single Epistrophy mission without loading saved games in between otherwise it will bug out again!

FIX THE GOD DAMN BUGGED MISSIONS CDRP FFS

I should have tried this, but forgot. I might suggest it to someone with the issue who is willing to try.

Since it affects saves _prior_ to the event that creates the bug, I think its some sort of engine/gamestate flag for that play through that gets created once you accept the quest. This is why, if you reload a save prior to starting the quest, you can pick up the quest and it is unbugged.

What I am wondering, is what happens if you 'unbug' the quest and then load a save where it had been bugged and see if it now works.

Also, it appears that the quest became bugged when my game crashed just after finishing the 'GladOS' quest but before pikcing up the Delamain phone call.

If it's one thing I can't stand, it's bugged missions. It turns me off any game that releases with bugs that halt progression. Such an absolute shame that the game was released in this condition.

Anyway, I also ran into the bug. Delamain calls, but I'm unable to answer and thus unable to complete any of the Epistrophy missions.

The only fix I found was to load an earlier save to just before I picked up the 'Tune Up' mission losing a good few hours of progress... I then grabbed the mission again and proceeded to do every Epistrophy mission until all are completed. You have to complete every single Epistrophy mission without loading saved games in between otherwise it will bug out again!

FIX THE GOD DAMN BUGGED MISSIONS CDRP FFS
UPDATE:
Seems the follow up Delamain mission has bugged out for me now. Had a call from Delamain, but was unable to answer it. I then completed a gig for Regina after this and when she called there was no audio...

This has completely borked my game now.

I should have tried this, but forgot. I might suggest it to someone with the issue who is willing to try.

Since it affects saves _prior_ to the event that creates the bug, I think its some sort of engine/gamestate flag for that play through that gets created once you accept the quest. This is why, if you reload a save prior to starting the quest, you can pick up the quest and it is unbugged.

What I am wondering, is what happens if you 'unbug' the quest and then load a save where it had been bugged and see if it now works.

Also, it appears that the quest became bugged when my game crashed just after finishing the 'GladOS' quest but before pikcing up the Delamain phone call.

I have an update as well. I was able to go back to a prior save before getting Epistrophy quests, then when I received them, was able to complete them all. Things were great, until after a significant amount of playing of missions and such I don't want to go back and do _again_ I got the call from Delamain and it was unanswerable.

I reloaded a save from after completing Epistrophy quests but before doing all this other work and I advanced game time by waiting a bunch, and got the call and it is still bugged.

So.. crap. In a bind here, I _really_ don't want to go back several real life days worth of progress to start everything all over again, just for this quest, especially considering it may very well bug the heck out again.

UPDATE:
Seems the follow up Delamain mission has bugged out for me now. Had a call from Delamain, but was unable to answer it. I then completed a gig for Regina after this and when she called there was no audio...

This has completely borked my game now.
Good to know, I was just about to start reattempting these all in one go. Sounds that will be a further waste of time.
I guess I'll just leave it until the end or if/when a patch fixes it, which ever comes first.
I'd be surprised if any meaningful patch comes before mid Jan, and that is probably being optimistic.

Top Bottom