Equine phantoms quest

+
Equine phantoms quest

Holy horses. It wasn't until my now 3rd and final playthrough of the game that I actually stumbled upon this one (same with extreme cosplay btw!!). Can I just emphasise how awesome the game is for "hiding" such fantastic quests like this? This whole quest embodies CDPR.

It requires a lot of selfreflection and goodwill for a company to design a quest such as this. Think about it. They know their shortcomings, and apologise in a guileful manner. Then they make you laugh, cry, and think all the same at the end of the quest. And they make you care. No more dropping Roach off somewhere in the middle of bargest-infested woods. No sirree. I immediately ran towards corvo bianco and built some stables for dear sweet Roach.

God bless'm.

I loved that quest, too :) And just like you - and I guess a lot of other players - I take good care of Roach ever since. Meaning: I don't leave her in monster-infested woods any more but make her stay behind, usually I walk the last 100 steps or so instead of riding to a quest marker. Also, when I dismount, I see to it that there's something for Roach to munch on - usually, I leave her close to some plants or in the middle of a nice meadow where she can munch away while I fight some monsters :)

I also found the quest during my third Toussaint visit. :D

Gotta say, Dead Man's Party from HoS was easily my favourite quest in the entire game until B&W came along. This Equine Phantoms along with Beyond Hill and Dale... are definitely right up there as well.

I was laughing throughout the entire quest - except for the part where the (super easy) decision had to be made.

I've almost always mde sure not to leave Roach in highly dangerous areas for long, or in areas with no grass/bushes/trees or her to munch on. Now I take even greater care to always make sure she has food available and no beasties or monsters in the immediate vicinity.

CDPR have definitely outdone themselves with this quest - which is no small feat.

Top Bottom