Equipment - Crafting Suggestion

+
I know you have much more to do first, but wanted to throw this out there.

I have seen multiple other complaints about how there is little opportunity to 'make your own fashion'. Some people suggest having 'appearance' slots, which works, but I might suggest a change to crafting instead, to give reason for people to consider the Technology Attribute more than they already do.

Since the best crafted equipment (legendary stuff) has up to four mod slots, but only a couple looks available overall, it seems like a waste of all the other good models and accessories you have.

I would suggest that not only should you be able to raise the armor value, but you should be able to increase the quality as well on equipment using the crafting skill. This way players can choose their outfits and know it can be made, eventually, into something as good as the Biker Suit, or the Goggle and Headband you can craft with top tier schematics.

Making every item in the game craftable by allowing you to upgrade its tier and also to add mod slots, solves this problem and may not be as simple as 'appearance' slots but again, gives value to the Tech stat/tree.

Green - one mod slot possible
Blue - Two mod slots
Purple - Three mod slots.
Orange - Four mod slots.

You can click a button to change the quality, with a cost from green to blue to purple to orange.
You can click another button to add mod slots, with the limits listed above.

I might also consider adding this to weapons as well, since there are 'non-unique' weapons out there with paint schemes etc. So, you can make your found weapon grow with you while maintaining an appearance.

Either that OR allow us to apply 'sprays' to our weapons.

Just a thought

Progressed further and found more Legendary schematics for 'endgame' but still think we're really missing out on being able to customize our looks without being able to update/upgrade found items.

I would still recommend a change to the crafting system to allow us the ability to upgrade quality and then also add mod slots for any item in game.

Would recommend that those items with an actual schematic in game be given some sort of boost/bonuses to keep them more 'attractive' as rewards.

Tech though is, IMO probably one of the strongest attribute trees as is, so less of a need to make it more attractive but still a need to make it so players can truly customize their looks and remain competitive.

Top Bottom