Equipment Imports to TW3

+
I remember finding the Forgotten Vran Sword upon murdering that operator masked thingy...

Which appart from its "Arms Lenghly" Hilt, was a beautiful piece.

And Addan Deith was the only Silver Sword I liked.

But even so, I would impale them right into a Drowner's gut and leave them there to rust in order to go and find an epic piece from TW3's vast array of weapons.

Geralt will live a couple more Centuries, and if not, he probably resurrects all over again with or without amnesia.

So as long as he can chop up the ocaaional Manticore, I don't think he cares on who the f**k gave him the swords! lol

Geralt will live a couple more Centuries, and if not, he probably resurrects all over again with or without amnesia.
Resurrection? I'm hoping you are talking from a gameplay point and not lore point of view. Because this isn't WoW were Geralt can chat with the spirit healer. ;P

For me it adds to the realism of a game and it´s world setting if special weapons, like Aerondight, wouldn´t just be bartered off at one point.
I understand the problem though with importing it, that by making it as powerful as before you destroy the balance of the game and don´t leave room for more loot collecting, which many people like. On the other hand it doesn´t add to the realism of the game world if a legendary weapon without any explanation is weak all of a sudden, so that´s also not really a satisfactory method.

In case of Aerondight I would have liked it if CDProjekt would have given it really strong stats, but make us lose it when Saskia in Dragon form attacks us in the Prologue. Personally I actually intentionally played it like that to logically explain to myself the missing of Aerondight.;)
Since this is not a game canon incident I doubt we will get a quest in Witcher 3 though, where we will meet Saskia and where she would give us back Aerondight.
Might be a good idea for a mod though...

For me it adds to the realism of a game and it´s world setting if special weapons, like Aerondight, wouldn´t just be bartered off at one point.
I understand the problem though with importing it, that by making it as powerful as before you destroy the balance of the game and don´t leave room for more loot collecting, which many people like. On the other hand it doesn´t add to the realism of the game world if a legendary weapon without any explanation is weak all of a sudden, so that´s also not really a satisfactory method.

In case of Aerondight I would have liked it if CDProjekt would have given it really strong stats, but make us lose it when Saskia in Dragon form attacks us in the Prologue. Personally I actually intentionally played it like that to logically explain to myself the missing of Aerondight.

Since this is not a game canon incident I doubt we will get a quest in Witcher 3 though, where we will meet Saskia and where she would give us back Aerondight.
Might be a good idea for a mod though...

Simple solution for the balance issue would be, that the swords "level" with geralt and his abilitys.
Similar like they did in TW1. And that Aerondight (as epic goddess weapon) would get stronger
as you get stronger.

In TW1 you BOOST the DMG with certain abilitys you learn during the game.
I really wish they got THIS back in TW2.

Like DEEP CUT and BLEEDING or BURNING
(sorry don t know the exact english translations)

@RivianNomad

Its about what is connecting us with Aerondight, the whole story around how we got it and
get knighted by the Lady of the Lake. I liked the Vran Sword and Addan Deith to, but its just
not that Epic as Aerondight... because you just "find" them and get little info about it.

I think the ideal solution in Witcher 2 with Aerondight in regards of balance would have been that stats would have improved every time when Geralt visited blacksmiths and payed some orens to have his sword "sharpened" or "kept in shape" (and the stats would thus become same as the standard weapon level in Blacksmith´s goods) and it would have cost almost as much as buying new silver sword.

Last edited:
I think the ideal solution in Witcher 2 with Aerondight in regards of balance would have been that stats would have improved every time when Geralt visited blacksmiths and payed some orens to have his sword "sharpened" or "kept in shape" (and the stats would thus become same as the standard weapon level in Blacksmith´s goods) and it would have cost almost as much as buying new silver sword.

Pretty much what it did with my "upgrade recipe" mod for Gwalhir and Aerondight in TW2
copied both swords, edited them with END GAME stats... made recipes with certain ingredients
you have to use. Act 2 you have then the possibility to "upgrade" them.

But i liked the TW1 thing more... was more subtle... since Geralt improved the damage he
deal with his learned skillz instead of improving the swords. But of course you had the
uprades to ;) thats why i think TW1 >> TW2 (besides the atmospheric reasons and storywise)

Please "Aerondight" in The Witcher 3

Hello,

my greatest wish to The Witcher 3 is that CD Project RED set the sword "Aerondight" in this game. And please, again as epic as in The Witcher 1. The moment when the Lady of the Lake gave me the sword was unique. It was very sad that Aerondight was so useless in The Witcher 2, although it is the sword of a goddess.

What do you others think about that?

Best regards from Germany

Well there are many weapons in the game probably so i don't see why this one wouldn't be in it. How "epic" it's gonna be it remains to be seen. Depends on what level they decide to make it :)

I guess it's pretty safe to say that
A) it's a little too late for such requests
B) It was most likely already requested anyway, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see:)

I guess it's pretty safe to say that
A) it's a little too late for such requests
B) It was most likely already requested anyway, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see:)

Your are right, it's too late for such request. But if Aerondight will not be in the game, then I hope that CD Project RED bring it back in the Add-On which they have announced. :)

It seems the accolade The Lady bestowed along with her gift has inspired in some for the blade an affection not easily abated.

For those of us who know of chivalry, this blade is a remembrance of things long past. . . .

Last edited:
Do you really think they will look nice compared to the gear of Witcher 3? If they should be imported , then the models should be redesigned/enhanced. Plus that as described can ruin the balance..

Overpowered sword at the begging of the game will ruin my gameplay experience.
So, no, thanks.

And that's the thing. Ppl already ranted about the sword in TW2, where it was very poor, stat wise. Now obviously the sword, due to it's acquisition, is a memorable piece of gear. So how should the devs, or maybe "could" would be a better word, implement it to TW3, so it maintains it's uniqueness?
With the gear level requirements we've seen in the videos, you can't really import it in from the previous game and hope it'll be strong or that it will last.

My idea would be either:
A) Ignore it as already acquired item and present it later in the game as one of the more powerfull weapons. By later I mean late enough to enjoy the sword for a while, due to slower leveling and less frequent gear changing.

Or:
B) Do a little story/quest around, that maybe explains things like - yes, you had it before, but you lost it, because bla bla bla, now you get it back...
Hell, such a weapon deserves it's own story. Furthermore, those who read the books know, that there are several talks about origins of the silver sword Geralt is using. Either the original elven blade from the Brokilon catacombs or the Sihill Zoltan gave him.

I'm not hung up about it, but I'm curious about whether Draug's Confession would carry over. It wasn't in the original tw2, apparently not even in the enhanced edition, but Flash -- a dude who works for CDPR -- brought it back in the ~unofficial patch~ FCR. So the official-dude making an unofficial patch for a weapon that was planned but removed from the official product spurs my curiousity. The layers to this onion keep me guessing.

As for Mr Sihil and Sir Aerondight and Raven-sempai, I kept those on my person as well and if they carry over I'll keep them in my goddamn saddlebags. tbh i dont mind if the weapons and armour from tw1/2 are nerfed but whatever carries over is staying on my person (or loyal stead, in this case).

And that's the thing. Ppl already ranted about the sword in TW2, where it was very poor, stat wise. Now obviously the sword, due to it's acquisition, is a memorable piece of gear. So how should the devs, or maybe "could" would be a better word, implement it to TW3, so it maintains it's uniqueness?
With the gear level requirements we've seen in the videos, you can't really import it in from the previous game and hope it'll be strong or that it will last.

My idea would be either:
A) Ignore it as already acquired item and present it later in the game as one of the more powerfull weapons. By later I mean late enough to enjoy the sword for a while, due to slower leveling and less frequent gear changing.

Or:
B) Do a little story/quest around, that maybe explains things like - yes, you had it before, but you lost it, because bla bla bla, now you get it back...
Hell, such a weapon deserves it's own story. Furthermore, those who read the books know, that there are several talks about origins of the silver sword Geralt is using. Either the original elven blade from the Brokilon catacombs or the Sihill Zoltan gave him.

B) is what I prefer. And there is a plausible explanation: At the beginning of The Witcher 2, Gerald stabbed the sword in the throat of Saskia , the Dragon. Saskia fly away with the sword. In The Witcher 3 the devs can create a late quest in which Gerald find the sword, but please in an epic quest. For example he speak with Saskia about the sword an she tell him, that she "lost" the sword in a dangerous area. Then Gerald search in this area and he discovers that anyone has taken the sword...

This would be so great!!! I hope...

Equipment like Aerondight and Vran armor imported to the game? Yes please!
it is a small but neat way to reward those players who have went through the previous instalments.

As for the balancing issues.....Just make them have crappy base armor and damage ratings if you have to but make some good but really expensive upgrade options for them. So you wouldnt have overpowered sword and armor before gathering lots of money. Aka the usual way you get good equipment anyway in RPGs.
:rebel:

good god this has been bothering. i came here for this, it doesn't even need to be that epic a quest, just let saskia give geralt the sword she stole in the prologue. simple. late in the game still awesome

B) is what I prefer. And there is a plausible explanation: At the beginning of The Witcher 2, Gerald stabbed the sword in the throat of Saskia , the Dragon. Saskia fly away with the sword. In The Witcher 3 the devs can create a late quest in which Gerald find the sword, but please in an epic quest. For example he speak with Saskia about the sword an she tell him, that she "lost" the sword in a dangerous area. Then Gerald search in this area and he discovers that anyone has taken the sword...

This would be so great!!! I hope...

Well obviously B is what everyone would like, but it also requires a lot of work from the devs. I just wanted to present the most effortless option as well. Even A would still be better than not having it at all. I am actually pretty confident about CDPR not forgetting to implement these iconic items back into the game, in their own way.

The impact of our previous choices will have rather small impact on the world and it's setting in TW3. It's logical if you think about it.

Every decision you make (will not bring devastation:)) is like throwing a pebble into the pond. The ripples on the surface vary, but many of those pebbles were actual boulders. We did throw quite a few of them, playing TW1 & 2. All those ripples affect the surface of the pond and each other as well. It's difficult enough to transform this into a mathematical model, now imagine doing it with a story, translate those ripples into it's pieces, fragments, variatons.

I bet many ppl will be disappointed about how little those ripples effect the world, but it surely isn't an easy task and at least CDPR didn't brag about it (/wave @bioware). I'm sure there will be some scripted reminders depending on your previous choices, but nothing worldshattering, quite the opposite actually.

What I'm getting at - the memorable gear we gathered, or "once owned", is, compared to the above, quite an easy task to implement and CDPR are well aware of how happy we will be, once we get our hands on it. So I wouldn't be afraid.

Any word on inventory import?

Is there any word of an inventory import from TW2 if we are going to import a save game?

It was a shame that you could spend a lot of time in Chapter 3 getting awesome armor sets like the Vran Armor and the Armor of Tir na Lia, only to have them for a total of about an hour before the game ended. It was the same for some of the end game swords, both steel and silver.

It'd be a cool feature for those of us importing a save, similar to us starting with Aerondight and Raven's Armor if we imported a TW1 save into TW2. Also I'd be pretty disappointed if my Geralt lost all his awesome gear he spent so long crafting just to chuck it out for the generic TW3 gear.

I understand it might not be in the game at all, given they've spoken about the "barber" save game feature, but for those of us playing the entire 3 games it'd be a nice feature.

Top Bottom