Equipment Imports to TW3

+
Only the RED Team knows the exact logic. And, I, for one, am not going to waste any time campaigning against the decision, just for a bit of memorabilia, which will be outmoded very quickly in the new game! In the broader perspective of priorities deserving effort, it just isn't that important, or worthwhile.

Probably a decision based on keeping the first part of game balanced for players. I guess they could just import the weapons and change stats to be the same as beginning sword :p

Yeah they could have at least done what they did with the W1 gear and nerfed it. This time Geralt apparently just lost everything including quest items, along with all his skills.......Great......

Also, the dagger might not be a weapon or a quest item, but might open up a new quest dialogue (if that quest is even in the game) ;)

Only the RED Team knows the exact logic. And, I, for one, am not going to waste any time campaigning against the decision, just for a bit of memorabilia, which will be outmoded very quickly in the new game! In the broader perspective of priorities deserving effort, it just isn't that important, or worthwhile.

Who's campaigning? I just think it's stupid. It wouldn't have hurt at all to import the gear like was done at the beginning of Witcher 2.

Last edited:
But doesn't the Aerondight have a destiny, or maybe it will just that it will be given to all players to claim that he acquired it in the beggining or save import.

Edit: I am not sure but i do wan't to belive that i saw Aerondight in one old gameplay video, or a weapon with similar handle and wolf head.

Who's campaigning? I just think it's stupid. It wouldn't have hurt at all to import the gear link at the beginning of Wither 2.

I wasn't addressing you specifically. However, knowing the sort of discussions we sometimes get here on the Forum, I assume somebody will eventually attempt a campaign to make the Team change their minds.

I wasn't addressing you specifically. However, knowing the sort of discussions we sometimes get here on the Forum, I assume somebody will eventually attempt a campaign to make the Team change their minds.

It's far too late for changes now. Modders will have to do it.

All right, friends, sad news: My question was answered by Miles Tost, on the recent GOG.com Twitch stream ([video]http://www.twitch.tv/gogcom/v/4721705[/video]), and it seems there'll be no equipment carried over from the previous games into Wild Hunt. Hard to swallow, but it looks like they want everybody to start even, and seek out their new gear.
Very sad to hear this (it was the first question as well on that Q&A) . Oh well..I was 90% sure that they won't get imported..guess now we know. :(

Well that sucks. We have our nice armors that took the whole game to craft, a sword which announced itself as the bane of the Wild Hunt, yet they all just disappear along with our skills, like a fart in the wind with no explanation given. Stupid decision.

What about the Phillipa's dagger to break the spell?

Which means our decisions don't matter either. You can forget save game imports people, they'll have even less impact then the ones from Witcher 1. I won't be bothering with another Witcher 2 play-through so. This sounds awfully Biowarey, "ME3 is a great place to start the series!"

Yeah they could have at least done what they did with the W1 gear and nerfed it. This time Geralt apparently just lost everything including quest items, along with all his skills.......Great......
Geez, so much tension.

You're jumping between different issues based on just the import of gear. For instance, skills. I'm not really sure what one has to do with the other - or how is this anything new. I thought it was pretty obvious from the moment they said there's no level scaling that you'll start from TW3's default position, not TW3 + Buffs From TW2. As for the "no explanation" - there are moments I think you need to accept that this is a game. The important thing that needs to guide CDPR is how to make TW3, as a game of its own, a good experience. If they can connect it to the previous games, then great. But if they believe they need to reset the skills for gameplay and balance purposes, so be it. This is where some suspension of disbelief is required, and understandably so.

I also am not sure how is this BioWarey (assuming I even understand what that means). To begin with, BioWare actually did the opposite in ME3, at least regarding skills - you could start at level 30, which was your ending level at ME2 (just that everything scaled with you). So off the bat there are two very different approaches about the skill points, at the least. Second, CDPR have always said that TW3 is standalone. Third, even TW2 was standalone. And reset all of Geralt's skills. The only difference is that CDPR didn't have the experience at the time to know how to introduce new players properly into it - something they apparently fixed now with the tutorial. This is not a new direction for CDPR, it's refining something they already did.

As for my personal position - not bothered. TW3 is to me, first and foremost, its own game. I never expected and still don't for it to have much mechanical connection to the previous games and for them to bear much impact on its story and gameplay.

I'm being touchy? Really......

I'm simply pointing out that not only has Geralt apparently forgotten everything again except this time he doesn't have amnesia as an excuse (although that did only cover Witcher 1), like at the beginning of Witcher 2. This time he has apparently also forgotten to take his gear too. As for the Bioware comment, I'm simply pointing out they were focusing all their attentions on new players according to their own statements, you're reading far too much into everything.

I'm being touchy? Really......

I'm simply pointing out that not only has Geralt apparently forgotten everything again except this time he doesn't have amnesia as an excuse (although that did only cover Witcher 1), like at the beginning of Witcher 2. This time he has apparently also forgotten to take his gear too. As for the Bioware comment, I'm simply pointing out they were focusing all on new player according to their own statements, you're reading far too much into everything.

We have actually total new gameplay, that nearly everybody was screaming for + new animations + new signs + new mechanics etc.
How you want to carry over skills from W2 to W3 ? Gameplay wise this wouldn't work at all ...

W3 starts 6 months after W2, actually Geralt found new, better gear, just that simple. So not forgetting, more like progressing.

We have actually total new gameplay, that nearly everybody was screaming for + new animations + new signs + new mechanics etc.
How you want to carry over skills from W2 to W3 ? Gameplay wise this wouldn't work at all ...

W3 starts 6 months after W2, actually Geralt found new, better gear, just that simple. So not forgetting, more like progressing.

I could except Geralt being a newb again for gameplay balancing or whatever, although plenty of other developers have managed to keep skills from previous games no problem. But the gear simply disappearing, is pissing me off just a little bit...

---------- Updated at 09:25 PM ----------

Welcome to videogames.

For a lot of games it's this way, but it doesn't have to be however.

Last edited:
That's literally the only game and you didn't exactly carry skills. You were just leveled up to level 30; so in practice, the only difference was that you started the game with some skill points already allocated to you.

Why do I have to formulate a list to satisfy you? I've named one, find the rest yourself, Baldurs Gate also did it and that was all skills, not just points. And why couldn't they have given Geralt some skill points so he wouldn't be a complete newb? This is also getting off topic, I already said my main issue is the disappearance of his gear.

Top Bottom