Equipment Imports to TW3

+
What's the point in importing saves then? It should have offered a little something extra for playing both previous games and having to keep a save file through countless software/hardware failures.

What's the point in importing saves then? It should have offered a little something extra for playing both previous games and having to keep a save file through countless software/hardware failures.

Apparently even the quest items such as Phillipa's dagger are gone. This is my main issue, it now appears 'importing' save games is pretty pointless.

Apparently even the quest items such as Phillipa's dagger are gone. This is my main issue, it now appears 'importing' save games is pretty pointless.

Even getting to use the Vran armor for a few hours in the game before you find a better one would have been nice.. or Addan Deith.

Why do I have to formulate a list to satisfy you? I've named one, find the rest yourself, Baldurs Gate also did it and that was all skills, not just points. And why couldn't they have given Geralt some skill points so he wouldn't be a complete newb? This is also getting off topic, I already said my main issue is the disappearance of his gear.
Geralt isn't a newb at the start of the game. He can still weild the sword well, still has access to all 5 signs, can brew some kick ass potions.
What exactly is the point of importing gear that for the sake of balance would have to be useless 30 mins into playing the game? Would it be cool? Sure. Does it really make a difference? I barely noticed it in W2, so no to me atleast.

---------- Updated at 10:16 PM ----------

Some decisions are imported which would I imagine result in cool little callbacks to my earlier actions which is to me immensely more satisfying than having my gear which I would throw away an hour into the game.

Geralt isn't a newb at the start of the game. He can still weild the sword well, still has access to all 5 signs, can brew some kick ass potions.
What exactly is the point of importing gear that for the sake of balance would have to be useless 30 mins into playing the game? Would it be cool? Sure. Does it really make a difference? I barely noticed it in W2, so no to me atleast.

He could take on a Dragon at the end of Witcher 2, he now struggles against drowners and neckers as evidenced from gameplay videos.......He' s a newb. It's called continuity, and giving some purpose, no matter how small, to importing a save file. As things stand, imports are looking pretty pointless.

Look again, the dagger is gone, an important decision just went up in smoke. So we don't know if any decisions will carry over.

Last edited:
I loved it when some of my stuff carried over from my Witcher 1 playtrough in to the Witcher 2 and it was totally unexpected to see since the games are so different from each other in many ways. I'm sad to see this go.

Last edited:
He could take on a Dragon at the end of Witcher 2, he now struggles against drowners and neckers as evidence from gameplay videos.......He' s a newb. It's called continuity, and giving some purpose, no matter how small, to importing a save file. As things stand, imports are looking pretty pointless.

Look again, the dagger is gone, an important decision just went up in smoke. So we don't know if any decisions will carry over.
My Geralt at the end of W2, hell even W1 is no match for 95% of creatures in W3. What do you expect CDPR to do exactly? At the end of the day, you need to accept this is a game and certain concessions have to be made.
You are welcome to disagree with that in which case we'll just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Also, I'm sure atleast a few decisions will have atleast a minor impact. They have spent way too much time stressing console players can input decisions from previous games.

Even getting to use the Vran armor for a few hours in the game before you find a better one would have been nice.. or Addan Deith.

Yeah I was hoping for the same. They did it for Witcher 2 which had a completely different engine. I can't see what the problem was here, since Witcher 3 is simply an upgraded Red Engine.

Some decisions are imported which would I imagine result in cool little callbacks to my earlier actions which is to me immensely more satisfying than having my gear which I would throw away an hour into the game.

Not confirmed, as far as we know importing your save has the exact same effect as talking to the barber.

My Geralt at the end of W2, hell even W1 is no match for 95% of creatures in W3. What do you expect CDPR to do exactly? At the end of the day, you need to accept this is a game and certain concessions have to be made.
You are welcome to disagree with that in which case we'll just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

If your Geralt at the end of Witcher 2 is no match for 95% of Witcher 3 monsters, you're doing it wrong. I already gave possible solutions, and I'm well aware it's too late now to change it. Hey, you came to me, so who exactly is it that should agree to disagree?

Not confirmed, as far as we know importing your save has the exact same effect as talking to the barber.
Okay. I'm sure they spent time and money to have a system in place for console players(not to mention marketing time stressing this) to input a few decisions from previous games just because they felt like wasting their resources.

---------- Updated at 10:28 PM ----------

If your Geralt at the end of Witcher 2 is no match for 95% of Witcher 3 monsters, you're doing it wrong. I already gave possible solutions, and I'm well aware it's too late now to change it. Hey, you came to me, so who exactly is it that should agree to disagree?
Lol, ok. Don't agree to disagree then.

This news worries me allot, i did all the pain and hard work then for nothing in my witcher 2 ?
I finished the game 2 times previous month on darkmode, so this means the save import is kinds useless?
No weapons or armors carried over, no special npc,s like saskia, rochem yorvet, anais, siegfried wil be seen in the witcher 3?

Great just great all the hard work for nuthing, if u can do the same thing if u talk with that barber.
I still buy the game, but cd projekt red lost a bit of faith now from my side.

Last edited:
AFAIK there are no further details given on the save imports, don't know if you get some extra choices imported as opposed to the general ones asked by the barber.

This news worries me allot, i did all the pain and hard work then for nothing in my witcher 2 ?
I finished the game 2 times previous month on darkmode, so this means the save import is kinds useless?
No weapons or armors carried over, no special npc,s like saskia, rochem yorvet, anais, siegfried wil be seen in the witcher 3?

Great just great all the hard work for nuthing, if u can do the same thing if u talk with that barber.
I still buy the game, but cd projekt red lost a bit of faith now from my side.
Pain and hard work ?
So you do not enjoy playing the Witcer 2 and see it as pain and hard work. I'm sorry to tell you but if the Witcher 2 brings you pain and you see it as a chore, then you should not even bother with the Witcher 3. I've finished Witcher 1&2 several times on hardest difficulties, and I enjoy it every single time.

CDPR has lost your faith ?
CDPR does not owe us the equipment import. It is understandable if they think it would hurt the balance of the game, and they prefer to use the time and resources to produce new equipments for the Witcher 3 that everyone including you and I can enjoy.

I do not mean to be harsh, but have some respect for the developers that have delivered you two great games.

Top Bottom